What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Poly-Ana 2.x feature wish-list

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

How should Poly-Ana 2.x improve on GUI and manage screen size better?

Add scrolling + switchable frame sizes
6%
Switch between different pages for Synth, Key and Performance section, FX, etc
28%
Make the interface 2560 x 1600 pixels in size
19%
Hide controls under little pop-out menus, windows, secret panels, etc.
4%
I like fishsticks.
43%

Total votes : 96
KVRAF

2305 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:54 am

Why don't you abandon Apple when it sucks? What is the trend in terms of OS platforms? Towards Windows or Apple? Or even Linux or something else?
KVRAF

6202 posts since 10 Oct, 2005, from Toronto, Canada

Postby AdmiralQuality; Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:32 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:Why don't you abandon Apple when it sucks? What is the trend in terms of OS platforms? Towards Windows or Apple? Or even Linux or something else?

Not sure offhand of any trend (really, the sales numbers are so small it's hard to do serious statistics) but since adding OSX support we've been far more likely to sell to Apple users. Something like 4:1. We know there are far more Windows DAWs than Macs, so how can that be? (Because there's no crack of the OSX version out there.)
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:12 am

AdmiralQuality wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Why don't you abandon Apple when it sucks? What is the trend in terms of OS platforms? Towards Windows or Apple? Or even Linux or something else?

Not sure offhand of any trend (really, the sales numbers are so small it's hard to do serious statistics) but since adding OSX support we've been far more likely to sell to Apple users. Something like 4:1. We know there are far more Windows DAWs than Macs, so how can that be? (Because there's no crack of the OSX version out there.)

Is there a poll on which OS's people on KVR use? Would be interesting to know...

Some developers manage not be hacked on Windows ;)

Your sales might also have to do with the fact that Apple users tend to be wealthier than Windows users, i.e. they can more easily afford 180 bucks... I assume your sales during your promotion now will not be 4:1 anymore.
KVRAF

Postby AdmiralQuality; Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:22 am

fluffy_little_something wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote:

Is there a poll on which OS people on KVR use? Would be interesting to know...

You seem to know a lot about it. Obviously I can't ask you to tell us "which ones" here. ;)

Anyway, should I spend more of my time building more layers of copy protection systems? Or add dongles? (No need to answer folks, those questions are rhetorical, to make a point.)

Your sales might also have to do with the fact that Apple users tend to be wealthier than Windows users, i.e. they can more easily afford 180 bucks...

They are certainly more indoctrinated into paying premium prices and accepting constant forced upgrades, in ways that would have Windows users rioting in the streets. (But again, there's FAR fewer of them.)

How about if we make licenses no longer cross-platform and triple the price of the OS X license compared to Windows? This seems only fair. Why should the Windows users pay us for all this OSX development time that isn't helping them one bit? (Another rhetorical question.)
KVRian

1244 posts since 14 Jun, 2006

Postby bill45; Tue Dec 03, 2013 1:13 pm

thanks admiral.
KVRist

425 posts since 7 Oct, 2004, from Australia

Postby ftech; Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:24 pm

AdmiralQuality wrote:Not sure offhand of any trend (really, the sales numbers are so small it's hard to do serious statistics) but since adding OSX support we've been far more likely to sell to Apple users. Something like 4:1. We know there are far more Windows DAWs than Macs, so how can that be? (Because there's no crack of the OSX version out there.)

Or maybe Apple users, who do pay a premium for their machines (me being one of those fools), don't want to sully their machines with crack(s) so actually buy their plugs instead??

If a developer is going to take the time to produce an instrument that I want to use, then I need to pay for it. Simple really.
KVRAF

18817 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Tue Dec 03, 2013 8:30 pm

AdmiralQuality wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote:

Is there a poll on which OS people on KVR use? Would be interesting to know...

You seem to know a lot about it. Obviously I can't ask you to tell us "which ones" here. ;)

Anyway, should I spend more of my time building more layers of copy protection systems? Or add dongles? (No need to answer folks, those questions are rhetorical, to make a point.)

Your sales might also have to do with the fact that Apple users tend to be wealthier than Windows users, i.e. they can more easily afford 180 bucks...

They are certainly more indoctrinated into paying premium prices and accepting constant forced upgrades, in ways that would have Windows users rioting in the streets. (But again, there's FAR fewer of them.)

How about if we make licenses no longer cross-platform and triple the price of the OS X license compared to Windows? This seems only fair. Why should the Windows users pay us for all this OSX development time that isn't helping them one bit? (Another rhetorical question.)

Well i will answer the first rhetorical anyway. Rather than a non working challenge response system on windows, use Uhe's FREE serial only customer convenient method, and your plugin wont be cracked for a few years at least, if at all properly. Cheers
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRAF

Postby AdmiralQuality; Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:45 pm

TheoM wrote:Well i will answer the first rhetorical anyway. Rather than a non working challenge response system on windows, use Uhe's FREE serial only customer convenient method, and your plugin wont be cracked for a few years at least, if at all properly. Cheers

Our challenge/response system works fine.

And, sorry, "Uhe's FREE serial only customer convenient method"? No idea what you're talking about. (Even googled for it. I thought, "Urs is licensing a CP system?" Which even if he was, we'd have to PAY for.)

Once again, we seem to have a lot of crack experts here. Which products do you develop? You know this stuff, why?
KVRist

201 posts since 30 May, 2005

Postby Mogular; Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:02 pm

Urs has spoken about it here often. If you email him he probably will give you all the info. I am pretty sure he is NOT charging for it.
It is apparently, ridiculously effective :)
KVRian

743 posts since 9 Mar, 2008, from netherlands

Postby kelvyn; Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:06 pm

Extremely excited about 64bit coming to one of my faves.... any time frame?
KVRAF

2850 posts since 22 Jul, 2006, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby nix808; Tue Dec 03, 2013 11:15 pm

I quite like it as is-
however if you want to add more stuff,
IMO we're going to need tabs of some description.
I like the way the rotary mod selectors look,
but I don't gel with utilising them.
Not sure how to fix that,
but they are stylish IMO
I saw the suggestion for text telling u what is selected-
sounds good, and keep the graphic art in some form

What fx are we looking at here?

Also is Scamp win8 compatible now?

I voted for tabbed groups-
maybe we should go into fishsticks AQ heh
KVRAF

18817 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:25 am

AdmiralQuality wrote:
TheoM wrote:Well i will answer the first rhetorical anyway. Rather than a non working challenge response system on windows, use Uhe's FREE serial only customer convenient method, and your plugin wont be cracked for a few years at least, if at all properly. Cheers

Our challenge/response system works fine.

And, sorry, "Uhe's FREE serial only customer convenient method"? No idea what you're talking about. (Even googled for it. I thought, "Urs is licensing a CP system?" Which even if he was, we'd have to PAY for.)

Once again, we seem to have a lot of crack experts here. Which products do you develop? You know this stuff, why?

I had plugins coming out but have put them on hold for now. Long story but i was looking for end user friendly non intrusive but effective copy protection. Spoke to U-HE about the system and he made it clear it was not only free it was available to ANYONE who wanted it.

I don't know why you responded so rudely when i was trying to help you, and NO, your system doesn't work. Poly ana is K'ed on windows, all versions, i just checked, and Lil poly ana on mac. UHE stuff isn't. And if it is, it timebombs and they have to pay for it or their projects stop working. Again, i was trying to HELP but instead i get from you "Once again, we seem to have a lot of crack experts here. Which products do you develop? You know this stuff, why?"

What sort of thing is that to say? especially the last question? are you insinuating something? I make it my business to know as an end user, what protection something is using, and as a plug in developer in progress, i like to know the options. I realise you are going to a system that does not rely on C/R, just a key file right? So i was trying to offer you a stronger option.

FWIW, i tested lil poly ana today, (and NO, not the crack, i will take a screenshot that you can see it's unregistered, cause you have made me a little uncomfortable now that you don't trust me or something), and it crashed in logic 9.1.8 32 bit, mavericks, picking a preset from the drop down menu.

The synth sounds FANTASTIC. Not outdated *at all* and great cpu usage on an i7. Sound is 10/10. Overall for the current sale price 9/10 as the GUI needs work and a couple other things.

I would prefer 16 polyphony vs 12, and i would like simply for you to add an ADSR to lil poly ana, otherwise it is perfect as it is, but just a global adsr could be fit in there easily with a small gui expansion and it's kind of essential IMO. Just four knobs. The big one is out of my price range right now, but they came back on my radar because they are going 64 bit. Also there seems to be no linear drag and the knobs click to where the mouse clicks which can make it hard to move them relative to where they are at the time of attempted adjustment.

Then again, i am sure even my suggestions which are meant for product betterment will offend you anyway :shrug:
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRian

770 posts since 8 Jan, 2012

Postby ChiTown24; Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:04 am

poly-ana 2 ? people joke about vapourware here on KVR all the time. bitwig is the current running gag but it's died down a bit since the beta circle widened. before that it was imposcar 2 - and it was rampant derision to the point of trolling imo. I don't know why poly-ana 2 doesn't get the same treatment ? not to mention the disingenuous, imo, "2.x feature wishlist" thread that was created in sync with a sale on 1.x, and bumped for every subsequent sale. And still no 2.x in sight. So many people hope for a vastly improved GUI, so the promise of a v2.x is a tantalising one and makes buying a cheap 1.x license before it comes out quite enticing. gforce or bitwig aren't guilty of these things, yet they got trashed with the vapourware stick pretty hard.

I was foolish enough to fall for this skullduggery, thinking 2.x would be coming with an improved GUI. But besides not believing we'll see 2.x by this time next year even, the guy who built a hardware controller that apes the 1.x GUI pretty much made it easier for 'AdmiralQuality' to take his sweet time updating the GUI ... a hardware controller like that makes for some nice marketing.

poly ana has been one of my most disappointing vst purchases. but I learned a good lesson from it, never buy a vst for what it's promised to be tomorrow.
KVRAF

Postby fluffy_little_something; Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:22 am

A bit harsh, but I agree in terms of content. The gui was also one of the two reasons why I didn't buy it when I first tested it, I did like the sound a lot, but my ears are better than my eyes...

It feels like a work in progress, very slow progress, similar to Xhip...
KVRAF

Postby AdmiralQuality; Wed Dec 04, 2013 9:26 am

Mogular wrote:Urs has spoken about it here often. If you email him he probably will give you all the info. I am pretty sure he is NOT charging for it.
It is apparently, ridiculously effective :)

Are you a developer, do you actually know anything about this? I communicate with Urs and the other developers quite often. (We have a secret place we meet and discuss things, mostly CP issues. So I think I'd have seen it come up if it existed.)

Anyway, hard to carry on this discussion here without breaking the rules. Which are good rules. So let's drop it. (Anyway, Mac sales are abysmal too. Just a few times less abysmal than Windows.)
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments