What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  
KVRist

427 posts since 13 Mar, 2006, from Queensland, Australia

Postby John [Humanoid Sound Sys]; Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:04 pm

Kenit wrote:Wow! Congrats.
No Demo?

Not yet. It'll be there in the next couple of days.

We have some audio demos on there now though :)
KVRist

57 posts since 3 Jan, 2013

Postby Kenit; Tue Dec 03, 2013 9:43 pm

John [Humanoid Sound Sys] wrote:
Kenit wrote:Wow! Congrats.
No Demo?

Not yet. It'll be there in the next couple of days.

We have some audio demos on there now though :)

Thank you, John.
Looking forward to it :)
And nice audio demos :tu:
KVRist

311 posts since 3 Mar, 2011

Postby dexterbella; Wed Dec 04, 2013 4:23 am

Just bought and downloaded the beta. Looks and sounds fantastic and, so far, no obvious problems.
Just wondered if the full release will have more presets? Also, it would be nice if the presets were arranged in banks (bass, lead etc) rather than lumped in together as a factory bank.
EDIT - am I right in thinking Scanned Synth Pro presets are compatible with Enzyme? I used to have SSP and the Xenos soundset on my old pc and I'm thinking of re-buying the soundset for use in Enzyme.
Overall, though, this is a great synth. Can see me using this a lot.
W7 64bit Reaper, Alchemy, LuSH-101, Geist, OP-X Pro II, UNO-LX, SynthMaster, ElectraX, TX16Wx, PPG Wave V3, Reason, DCAM Synth Squad, Reaktor, FLStudio, BassLine-101, WaveGenerator, Monark, Razor, Spectral, Enzyme, Blue II
KVRist

80 posts since 7 May, 2004

Postby Loopy C; Wed Dec 04, 2013 6:27 am

Thanks for the email alert!, purchased and downloading (slowly) now ;-)
KVRist

Postby Loopy C; Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:10 am

btw, is there a lag time associated with generating/sending the keyfile? I received several receipts (2 from Humanoid and 1 from paypal) but nothing with a keyfile in initial batch thus far (it's been about 45 minutes). If it has to be manually generated that's fine, just checking all is normal ;-)
KVRAF

3881 posts since 6 Aug, 2003, from San Francisco Bay Area

Postby deastman; Wed Dec 04, 2013 7:18 am

Enzyme is working great for me so far. Fantastic work!

I also received double download links and double keyfile emails by the way.
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/4" audio patchcord
KVRAF

2813 posts since 28 Jun, 2009, from Wherever I lay my hat

Postby ariston; Wed Dec 04, 2013 12:45 pm

I like it so far, haven't been able to spend that much time with it. It's stable as far as I can tell, and the waveform display is very useful and welcome.

One pretty major niggle, though: the mod matrix really needs work. Having to scroll horizontally to get to the basic modulators is a workflow-killer, and I'm not really convinced that the performance knobs are all that useful... maybe I don't get it yet, but I think a traditional run-of-the-mill matrix would be better.
KVRist

Postby dexterbella; Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:18 pm

ariston wrote:One pretty major niggle, though: the mod matrix really needs work. Having to scroll horizontally to get to the basic modulators is a workflow-killer, and I'm not really convinced that the performance knobs are all that useful... maybe I don't get it yet, but I think a traditional run-of-the-mill matrix would be better.

Personally I don't have a problem with the performance knobs but I agree that I would prefer LFOs etc to be added to the beginning of the mod list rather than stuck on the end.
W7 64bit Reaper, Alchemy, LuSH-101, Geist, OP-X Pro II, UNO-LX, SynthMaster, ElectraX, TX16Wx, PPG Wave V3, Reason, DCAM Synth Squad, Reaktor, FLStudio, BassLine-101, WaveGenerator, Monark, Razor, Spectral, Enzyme, Blue II
KVRian

551 posts since 26 Mar, 2004, from Surrey, UK

Postby mcnelson; Wed Dec 04, 2013 2:36 pm

I don't mind the mod matrix, but as soon as you start scrolling, you lose sight of the left hand column titles and have to remember which parameter you want :(
ABLETON LIVE 9 : TRACKTION 5 : AUDIO DAMAGE : SONIC CHARGE
Nation of Korea vs Sh*tty Dog
KVRist

Postby dexterbella; Wed Dec 04, 2013 8:53 pm

mcnelson wrote:I don't mind the mod matrix, but as soon as you start scrolling, you lose sight of the left hand column titles and have to remember which parameter you want :(

You also lose sight of the top line if you add enough mod destinations that you have to scroll down. It's fantastic to have such flexible modulation options but, if you get complicated enough with it, you can find yourself lost in the middle of the mod matrix with neither mod sources or destinations visible!
KVRist

Postby Loopy C; Wed Dec 04, 2013 10:32 pm

Got my Key File a couples of hours later, thanks ;-)

So first of all, very cool...definitely next gen :D

Two things though:

First: Would it be possible to make 'Performance' assignments global? By that I mean, once I assign a MIDI control via 'learn', can it stick for ALL presets AND ALL randomization?? Having to learn them all individually for every single patch and every time I use 'Randomize' is no good for me. Now, I can use Logic's 'Faders' or automation to permanently control each individual performance control over different patches and 'Randomize' but it does limit input device possibilities. Either a global assignment once learned (as most my other plug-ins do) or if this is on purpose at least the option for a one-time MIDI assignment.

Second...speaking of 'Randomize':I was very excited by the variations BUT had major killer errors in using it. Within minutes of playing around hitting it, I will get a LOUD!!! pop upon applying a input note and then all audio goes silent. I tried putting a DC Offset before and a peak limiter and clipper after Enzyme but it still happened in Logic. I don't mind getting an unusable result but this is a speaker killer!!!

After error/pop, my Motu 828 MK 3 has it's meters pegged at 0db dfs until I reset the audio (usually by getting another good audio source to play through the system) and the danger of these full volume pops is obvious both to my monitors and my ears. It doesn't even seem the volume of system matters, it's like it sends out an error that is computationally based and that disrupts/overloads entire core audio system despite channel settings.

I did set up a chain using 'VST Lord' to host Enzyme separately in that form, excluding Logic/AU version completely from scenario and was able to duplicate error so it is both AU and VST plug-in versions. Sometimes the initial random patch will work but then pop/go dead when the performance controls are then applied.

I hope this can be addressed someway as in-between pops there were many exciting patches happening. Obviously as a beta I know this is what I 'signed up' for so just reporting to you the initial info on these issues ;-)
KVRian

683 posts since 19 Jun, 2006, from Berlin, Germany

Postby HiEnergy; Thu Dec 05, 2013 7:41 am

I'm also experiencing pop->silence errors here (Windows XP, Creamware audio hardware, Live 9).
Fortunately the brickwall limiter on my DSP card catches those before they fry my monitors.
The silence can (at least for me) be broken by removing the offending Enzyme instance and loading a fresh Enzyme.
Feel the energy...
https://soundcloud.com/hienergy
KVRist

207 posts since 4 Oct, 2003

Postby killmaster; Thu Dec 05, 2013 8:34 am

New to this thread and trying to sort out the differences between Scanned Synth Pro 3 and Enzyme. If I get Enzyme (beta), does it contain all the functionality of SSP3?

thanks,

Greg K.
KVRist

207 posts since 4 Oct, 2003

Postby killmaster; Thu Dec 05, 2013 12:01 pm

Enzyme is the new Scanned Synth Pro 3! saw this info in the movie intro. Just got it and I'm blown away by what came out just messing around. Its confusing how interesting the sounds are... wow!! Of course time always tells but sofar I'm completely inspired by this.
KVRist

427 posts since 13 Mar, 2006, from Queensland, Australia

Postby John [Humanoid Sound Sys]; Thu Dec 05, 2013 4:58 pm

Thanks so much for all the great feedback everyone! I'll add a bug report to our system about the popping/silence issue during randomisation and we'll get it sorted out as quickly as possible
PreviousNext

Moderator: John [Humanoid Sound Sys]

Return to Humanoid Sound Systems