Question regarding patterns in SM4

Official support for: indiginus.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Purchased SM4 this evening after already owning Torch and AGC. Overall it is great product and a good improvement over SM3, however I did have one question:

Can the pattern selection be automated (with keyswitch etc). If I create new patterns it would be nice to switch to a different pattern on a chord change (or even while playing the same chord). I have used something similar and it is very inspirational to create part patterns then try different ideas while playing back the same chord sequence and varying the patterns. Obviously patterns can be selected on the UI, but is it possible from midi?

I see that patterns can be linked together in SM4 but the sequence of patterns will always start at the beginning of the sequence on each chord change (or have I missed something?)
"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,
Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

Sultans of Ping

Yes, you can change patterns at any time with key switches. Check the user guide, but I think they are C5-B5. The Latch button solves the problem (in SM3) of the pattern re-starting at each chord change, which I think is the most important improvement in SM4. As long as the Latch button is on, the pattern will continue to play as you change chords.

The same goes for the Chain function; as long as the Latch button is on you can change chords without interrupting the pattern(s).

Thank you, mine was an excellent example of getting a new instrument and being so inspired the manual goes out the windows and replaced by writing music lol

I agree SM4 resolves all the issues I had with the previous version

Great work
"It's alright to say things can only get better,
You haven't lost your brand new sweater.
Pure new wool, and perfect stitches,
Not the type of jumper that makes you itches."

Sultans of Ping

Return to “Indiginus”