Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Cubase Pro 13

No crashing on exits here. Had them twice or more a day with 7.0.6

All good here so far.
Really pleased with the update.

I appear to be missing a few items from the Steinberg Effects list...

..what happened? This is in Cubase Artist 7.5 :help:

I've been having some trouble with opening projects, but so far so good.

I got the opposite of missing plugins. I got REVelation reverb and Magneto II, both of which were a surprise since they weren't included in Cubase Artist 7.
Last edited by DJMaytag on Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Can anyone give a brief review on magneto II and new reverb..

i got to say, i am completely surprised, in the AU shop the update is only $49.99 AUD, which is like 30 EU

Including all taxes.

I can't say no to this, even if i decide not to keep Cubase, much better to sell as a 7.5

Steinberg are really fair with AUD prices and don't penalise us for our weak dollar. No one else does that, no one.

Cheers :tu:

Wow talk about a hammered server! Update is going to take 2 days 17 hours :shock:

Tell me about it!

After 6 failed downloads at home, I had to remote into my work PC, download over their fast network (still failed several times), got lucky, moved to my unix share, used 'rsync' with --partial --progressive to transfer to my local machine over ssh.

STEINBERG, SERIOUSLY, STAAAAAAHP.

(or use a torrent server for your files - I mean, what's the big secret?? Either you trust the dongle to protect your software or you don't???? Or stick it on fekkin' Softpedia like FruityLoops...)

Now that I have got the RAGE out of the way, I must say that 7.5 is performing quite nicely here and I'm liking the updates.

I'm getting a crash in Cubase 7.5 every time I try to quantize sliced audio. Slice on hit points, quantize, beach ball ... Cubase remains locked up and unresponsive until I force quit.

I'm on Mac OS 10.9, Cubase 7.5 64-bit

Anyone else able to reproduce this?

I'm going to post in Steinberg forums as well.
Last edited by billcarroll on Fri Dec 06, 2013 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

I'll check it out Bill! Will report back.

billcarroll wrote:I'm getting a crash in Cubase 7.5 every time I try to quantize sliced audio. Slice on hit points, quantize, beach ball ... Cubase remains locked up and unresponsive until I force quit.

hmm.. I'm on windows and don't have this. Are you using group edit, or just a single chopped audio file?
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

SJ_Digriz wrote:
billcarroll wrote:I'm getting a crash in Cubase 7.5 every time I try to quantize sliced audio. Slice on hit points, quantize, beach ball ... Cubase remains locked up and unresponsive until I force quit.

hmm.. I'm on windows and don't have this. Are you using group edit, or just a single chopped audio file?
[EDIT - oh, Mac, sorry! I'll need to download the Mac version and that'll be another 500 Million years courtesy of Steinberg servers...]

[Following is Win 7]
Seems to be fine here as well?

Dragged some beats in. Double-click to open in Cubase wave editor, Slice (in the Hitpoints section), sends you back to the Cubase Project view with your sliced audio. Select sliced audio, click Quantize on the top menu (or even with the Quantize Panel). No crashes so far.

SJ_Digriz wrote:

Here is a more complete list of steps ...

1. I create a new audio track,
2. then chop some audio from an existing audio track using range selection and Alt + Drag selection to the new track.
* Note, audio file is a WAV and about 8 min in length, chopped section is 1 bar long at 4/4
3. Double click the file and select create slices from the hit points menu
4. Double click on the file in arrange again to open (is this the group editor?)
5. Hit Command + A to select all the pieces
6. then Q to apply quantize

-> results in beach ball and frozen Cubase 7.5

it's gonna be awhile, but I'll give it a shot.
If you have to ask, you can't afford the answer

Bill: I followed your exact workflow and when I went to press Q (previously I'd been using the UI icon) the hard disc went bezerk and I thought it was about to crash, but after a few seconds, it was fine.

I notice, even though the audio has been dragged out via a range selection, Quantize is still going to be run across the whole wav file? Is it possible Cubase is doing a quantize over the whole of your audio section rather than just the small selection?

What happens if you Alt-Drag to a new track, Audio -> Bounce Selection (Replace events) and then follow the same process? Does it still crash?

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”