Monark is seriously impressive.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Monark

TheoM wrote:I'd love to hear more about the latter.
I've a detailed instructions on making it polyphonic, with gif images, though it comes with a soundbank ha :? which isn't free, so if you understand those instructions laid out in that thread, then don't bother clicking the link, spare your time haha
http://blueeyedblondape.wordpress.com/e ... ni-monark/
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

Blue-eyed Blonde Ape wrote:
TheoM wrote:I'd love to hear more about the latter.
I've a detailed instructions on making it polyphonic, with gif images, though it comes with a soundbank ha :? which isn't free, so if you understand those instructions laid out in that thread, then don't bother clicking the link, spare your time haha
http://blueeyedblondape.wordpress.com/e ... ni-monark/
Good youtube vid. It doesn't sound like a synth imitating analog. It just sounds analog.
Very good sounds by the way but I've go no spare cash at the moment.

How do you find the synth and have you got a Mini Moog to compare it to?

cyberheater wrote:
Good youtube vid. It doesn't sound like a synth imitating analog. It just sounds analog.
Very good sounds by the way but I've go no spare cash at the moment.

How do you find the synth and have you got a Mini Moog to compare it to?
Don't have a mini to compare to, but this synth is great for mono duties, sounds very "alive" and considering it's feature set or the lack of it, it isn't boring because it's Lfo and feedback thing is enough to keep on playing with it, great envelopes and as I said it sounds "alive". It's edginess have similarities to MS-20. I think NI's first teaser demo video and my video summarise Monark's sound haha.
Soundbanks for Serum, Bazille, Diva, lush-101, Zebra2, Monark... Here

can anyone offer me any examples of the CPU usage of Monark please?
your machine specs and average CPU and or ASIO load e.g. thank you very much.

id love it if they made a Arp Oddyssey next.
:borg:

V0RT3X wrote:id love it if they made a Arp Oddyssey next.
I think I can second that.

Or a whole family of classic synths. I'm sure people would love to see a new Pro-53 too.

robojam wrote:
Or a whole family of classic synths. I'm sure people would love to see a new Pro-53 too.
If NI are going to continue this quality they can recreate every synth under the sun afaiac. But I would like some more modern modulation options and polyphony :)
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

sqigls wrote:can anyone offer me any examples of the CPU usage of Monark please?
your machine specs and average CPU and or ASIO load e.g. thank you very much.
Hi Simon, I really think you should get this one if you are still after organic sounds. This synth is great.
Now:
One instance of Monark in Studio One 64bit with the first preset 'Defined' is 12% cpu. In general the presets are from 10% to 20%. (edit - thinking about cost = money! :hihi: )
Compared to:
FM8 - 08-15 - Three notes chord with 64 Poly is 6-7%
Massive - 1991 - Default settings - three notes chord - ~ 20%

My laptop is win 8.1 (i7 4700MQ @ 2.4Ghz with 8GB RAM and normal 5400rpm hard with 1920x1080 Screen Resolution) with Asio 240 Samples (Saffire USB 6).
I didn't optimise my laptop for music production, so the cpu is with HP CoolSense enabled and it doesn't run at full speed usually. I like it cool 8)

It is monophonic and I like it this way. I have other synths which can make wonderful Pads, so I'm not missing something.

How does Monark compare to Diva?

Legend, cheers and thank you very much :)
I think it might be a good synth to have 'away from the studio'. i.e. When the analogs are unplugged.
Like you say, got plenty of polyphonic stuff already.

Thanks again

patcub wrote:How does Monark compare to Diva?
at the moment? $49.50 VS $179 :p

sqigls wrote:
:lol:

Well, I wish it like this but it is not!

I think if you search more in the threads, there were two or three long ones about Diva vs Monark or Monark vs Diva.

IMO, ... oh no! I wrote it three times before! I won't now! :hihi:

sqigls wrote:

At the moment? Minimoog vs Minimoog, Jupiter 6, Jupiter 8, 2 revisions of MS-20, Alpha Juno, along with JP-8000 and OB-X in the latest beta. I think the price difference is very much justified. :D

robojam wrote:
Ugh. Don't remind me. :?

That alone would cause me to upgrade to the latest komplete...
Snare drums samples: the new and improved "dither algo"

Return to “Instruments”