What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Promotion Ended

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

KVRian

1289 posts since 24 Dec, 2004, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby sqigls; Fri Dec 06, 2013 1:54 am

ZenPunkHippy wrote:96 KHz should not cause any problems - it worked fine in my test projects @ 128 buffers, but I'll try the same tests on a Mac.

Does the problem occur in a project containing only Alchemy? Could be some conflict with another plugin that we haven't dealt with (rare, but it can happen).

Aside from a possible conflicts, this is almost certainly some system related problem or we'd have loads of people writing in about it. If you could email a minimal project containing only Alchemy that reproduces the problem I can take a look at it. Email is support [at] camelaudio [dot] com.

Peace,
Andy.

I would never only use Alchemy, so yes I always have various plugins.
I'm gonna open some existing projects now and see if I can get some buffers rocking.
cheers :)

EDIT: ok, mail sent, not sure if it will help? not glitching as bad as last week, but hopefully the project might give you an indication as to why this may be happening?

Thanks heaps!

Simon
KVRAF

9623 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:02 pm

Thanks, got your email. Will continue discussion there ...

Peace,
Andy.
Pick Me Pick me!

7539 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from in a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:15 pm

lionscub68 wrote:
VitaminD wrote:I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it... la la la la la laa...

LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You 'n' me both, Vit, that's what I've felt for quite a bit.
But I've got a shit-ton of my own samples lined up for granularization and whathaveyouness. It's time.

Let's make the leap together...

I think I've decided against it.. I have enough sound sources and have done plenty of spending this year..

I think I'm going to use what I have to make music..

..for now.

Incredible deal though here!! :-o
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
KVRian

635 posts since 30 May, 2007, from Syracuse, NY, USA

Postby lionscub68; Fri Dec 06, 2013 7:32 pm

VitaminD wrote:
lionscub68 wrote:
VitaminD wrote:I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it, I don't need it... la la la la la laa...

LOL
:lol: :lol: :lol:

You 'n' me both, Vit, that's what I've felt for quite a bit.
But I've got a shit-ton of my own samples lined up for granularization and whathaveyouness. It's time.

Let's make the leap together...

I think I've decided against it.. I have enough sound sources and have done plenty of spending this year..

I think I'm going to use what I have to make music..

..for now.

Incredible deal though here!! :-o

Suit yourself, VitD. I jumped on this deal. Admittedly, I bled cash this year on gear, plugins, and tech. 2014 is going to be my lean year. Now I have so much new stuff, it'll be Christmas for me for at least a year. Or so I tell myself.

From the little I've played with the Full-Blown Alchemy so far, it *is* a big diff from the Player version, without even diving into the bowels of the plugin too much. You might want to reconsider. I do understand what you mean about soundsources. Holy crap. I get overwhelmed easily which choices lately.

Well, in the end you've still got 3.5 weeks left to mull it over. Go buy a scratch-off lottery ticket, or something. Maybe you'll "win" the $100 or so for this awesome pricing. Chat sometime.
KVRian

686 posts since 3 Apr, 2013, from Belgium

Postby Davias; Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:53 am

I jumped on the sale last night but my account was blocked as soon as it was created... :( I've sent an e-mail for unlocking but sadly this is the week end so I'm afraid I will have to wait till monday to get my plugin... Posting here in the hope someone from Camel read this this week end and may be able to do something for help.

I can't wait to use Alchemy ! :D
KVRist

181 posts since 12 Sep, 2005, from NYC

Postby kgdrum; Sun Dec 08, 2013 1:05 pm

craftycurate wrote:Great for new users ... would be nice to have some discount on individual Sound packs to tempt existing customers? (I think I'm coming up to my 5th anniversary) ...

+1
I already have Alchemy I'd jump on a couple of additional Soundpacks if there was some kind of sale for people that already have Alchemy! ;-)
MacPro 3.1 (2.8 Quad)24gig,OSX10.83, DP8.05 RME FF800,Great River ME-1NV,a few mics ,NI Komplete,numerous VI's & plugins vDrums TD20 expanded,Superior 2 etc,,UAD2...Focal Twin 6 monitors, Shunyata,hard drives galore.
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:07 pm

Davias wrote:I jumped on the sale last night but my account was blocked as soon as it was created...

Hi,

I think Martin will have answered your support email over the weekend, but if this is still a problem send me a PM with your registered email address and I'll take a look. Thanks.

Peace,
Andy.
KVRian

1147 posts since 3 Jan, 2005

Postby fedexnman; Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:21 pm

kgdrum wrote:
craftycurate wrote:Great for new users ... would be nice to have some discount on individual Sound packs to tempt existing customers? (I think I'm coming up to my 5th anniversary) ...

+1
I already have Alchemy I'd jump on a couple of additional Soundpacks if there was some kind of sale for people that already have Alchemy! ;-)

+2 Id like to get a couple more soundbanks too , to add to the ones I already have purchased ! Nice Sale though .....
KVRist

310 posts since 10 Jul, 2006, from Tampa

Postby planetearth; Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:35 pm

I understand the point of those who are holding off right now, but I'll also thank them for stepping out of the line so I can get my copy!

I've been waiting for this for a while, and I think it's gonna lead to a lot more sleepless nights--but this time, in a good way.

Steve

EDIT: Woah! This may have been mentioned already, but when I went to buy Alchemy, I saw they're also giving away a free library with it. Are you kidding me?!?

Yeah. I'm getting it. My children are young. They have many more Christmases ahead of them. They won't miss this one if there's nothing under the tree for them. They'll eventually forget it...right?
I'm looking for collaborators. Anyone interested?
Listen to some of my stuff here: www.soundcloud.com/shdesigns .
KVRian

Postby Davias; Sun Dec 08, 2013 5:52 pm

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Davias wrote:I jumped on the sale last night but my account was blocked as soon as it was created...

Hi,

I think Martin will have answered your support email over the weekend, but if this is still a problem send me a PM with your registered email address and I'll take a look. Thanks.

Peace,
Andy.
I got the mail from Martin, solving the issue was very quick. Thank you ! Now enjoying Alchemy. Great sounding, powerful and quite versatile, impressive factory soundbank.

The only thing I don't like for now is the wave import browser. Limited to 1024 directories (I have more than 1000 in my samples folder so some doesn't appear). No drag and drop. Not very fluid and no search option.

I would like so much to be able to drag and drop a wave into alchemy... But I've read that this will not be added till Alchemy 2 ? hopes hopes for a little update before :)

Also I was thinking I would be able to import a single cycle wavefile into the additive or spectral section, and then save it into the alchemy VA format to be able to load it after into the VA section (and do huges unisons on this particular waveform). But it doesn't seems to work well, hopefuly I downloaded the AKWF waveforms formated for Alchemy, that helps a little bit in my constant quest for new tones :)
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Dec 08, 2013 6:21 pm

Limited to 1024 directories (I have more than 1000 in my samples folder so some doesn't appear)

Hmm, that is annoying. Yes the browser limited to something like 1024 samples. I think this might be the first time anyone has noticed ...

Although not exactly ideal, the workaround is to move some files to sub-folders, or move the files you plan to work with somewhere in the Alchemy data folder. If you're concerned about files being referenced from other plugins or projects it would be better to duplicate the files to the Alchemy data folder (Samples/User) and sort them in to sub-folders.

Like I say, not ideal, but it will work.

Unfortunately this will not be fixed in v1.55. v2.0 will include a new sample browser + drag n drop, but we're not talking about anything else (these 2 features have already been discussed here, so it's not new info).

planetearth wrote:They'll eventually forget it...right?

:hihi:

Peace,
Andy.
KVRian

Postby Davias; Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:16 pm

ZenPunkHippy wrote:
Limited to 1024 directories (I have more than 1000 in my samples folder so some doesn't appear)

Hmm, that is annoying. Yes the browser limited to something like 1024 samples. I think this might be the first time anyone has noticed ...

Although not exactly ideal, the workaround is to move some files to sub-folders, or move the files you plan to work with somewhere in the Alchemy data folder. If you're concerned about files being referenced from other plugins or projects it would be better to duplicate the files to the Alchemy data folder (Samples/User) and sort them in to sub-folders.

Like I say, not ideal, but it will work.

Unfortunately this will not be fixed in v1.55. v2.0 will include a new sample browser + drag n drop, but we're not talking about anything else (these 2 features have already been discussed here, so it's not new info).

planetearth wrote:They'll eventually forget it...right?

:hihi:

Peace,
Andy.
Thanks for the workaround. Maybe I could make a hardlink/symlink (or whatever it is called) to achieve the same result without duplicating my files ?
But what I don't understand is that you say the browser is limited to 1024 samples, but this is directories that I can't see. And the browser show me all the tree of my system (with all the hard drives and so on). And it shows me the Alchemy folder too... Or maybe you are talking about using samples from the drop down menus (and not the sample browser) by placing them directly into Alchemy folder ?

About the features I'm new to the discussion but thank you for the info. A little bit sad that drag n drop is for v2 only. I hope the update will be affordable ^^

EDIT : Also, is the mousewheel working with the scrollbars int the browser ? I can't seems to scroll (that would help a lot already !). Thank you.
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Dec 08, 2013 7:57 pm

The 1024 file/folder limitation exists for each sub-folder, so if you were to reduce the number of files by moving some samples to sub-folders that would work.

Yes you can use sym links / hard links to reference files in other folders - I do the same on OS X, and have tested it on Windows 7. This is a bit extreme, but I suppose you could create sym links to the samples, and then organise the sym links in to sub-folders. This would preserve the original file locations while allowing you to browser the sym links from Alchemy.

Mouse wheel support - this works for certain combinations of OS + host, but not others. There is a workaround for Windows, using a utility called MouseWiz. I haven't tried it myself, but users report that it does work.

Peace,
Andy.
KVRist

310 posts since 10 Jul, 2006, from Tampa

Postby planetearth; Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Andy,
Are my eyes deceiving me, or is the "Viral Outbreak" library not available as the free library? I had narrowed my choice down to either it or "Cameleon: Remixed", but when I went to choose it as the "bonus" library, it's not an option.

I don't mind "Cameleon", I just wanted to be sure I wasn't missing something.

Thanks!

Steve
I'm looking for collaborators. Anyone interested?
Listen to some of my stuff here: www.soundcloud.com/shdesigns .
KVRAF

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:10 pm

Your eyes are working fine, Viral Outbreak is not included as a free choice. Full list of free sound library choices in this post.

Peace,
Andy.
PreviousNext

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

Return to Camel Audio