One-Synth-Challenge 57: Tunefish - Chat & Gossip

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Tunefish 3

Alright, here's what I did and didn't finish:

https://soundcloud.com/arkmabat/arkmaba ... unfinished

Tunefish is a lot of fun, especially with so many presets to start with. I'll have to manage my time better in the future in order to finish on time!

idfpower wrote: On a different note, payne, now that most of the issues were ironed out and ppl have already submitted a good number of presets, can we hope for a full nicely organized bank for the future release? (it's a a pain - no pun intended - to do it manually) I'd really like to see one organized by category: bass/lead/keys/pads/arps/seq/etc. ;)
Yes you can :) I am going through all the submitted presets and I'll create a single big factory bank. Expect it somewhen this month.

payne_bc wrote:Yes you can :) I am going through all the submitted presets and I'll create a single big factory bank. Expect it somewhen this month.
Great ;)
TELURICA - "Made In ___ [INSERT LOCATION]" - EP.
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

payne_bc wrote:
RichardSemper wrote: Re: timing issues - I have recorded several wav files to demonstrate:-
https://www.dropbox.com/s/u1hvfb60bmlx5 ... 0tests.zip

tests carried out at 145bpm 48000khz, similar results obtained with different speeds and resolution.
metronome played with percussive patches, quantised precisely to the beat.
tf sound seems to play ahead of the metronome, but by varying amounts.
Hope this helps.

What you said about anti-aliasing not being implemented. I thought it might be something like this. Would explain it.
okay, I can hear it now :) I have a vague idea what could be the reason for that.
Okay, found it :) I fixed it in tunefish4 now since it's also present there and I am concentrating my resources on that now until the first beta. Then I'll fix it in tf3

Is there someone here with a Mac who would like to test the tf4 audio unit? :)
I only need someone to load the unit and tell me if it produces output ;) The debugger tells me it does, ableton does not output anything though. VST works fine. I am afraid I am too stupid to use ableton and need confirmation ;)

payne_bc wrote:
idfpower wrote: On a different note, payne, now that most of the issues were ironed out and ppl have already submitted a good number of presets, can we hope for a full nicely organized bank for the future release? (it's a a pain - no pun intended - to do it manually) I'd really like to see one organized by category: bass/lead/keys/pads/arps/seq/etc. ;)
Yes you can :) I am going through all the submitted presets and I'll create a single big factory bank. Expect it somewhen this month.
I will try and get mine sorted for you this weekend. Just I didn't save mine as it was a pita to do so, after a few experiments I decided not to bother. Plus they have quite a few animated parameters. The proposed save as would be a godsend ;).

I will post some feedback as well, just have some diy to do :(

chilledpanda wrote:I will try and get mine sorted for you this weekend. Just I didn't save mine as it was a pita to do so, after a few experiments I decided not to bother. Plus they have quite a few animated parameters. The proposed save as would be a godsend ;).
Yeah, that's why I've asked payne...I expect to be some issues with all submitted presets since they were created with different Tunefish versions, so payne is prolly the only one able to sort out the (eventual) mess. But I've heard a lot of good stuff in all songs so I bet the final preset list will be dynamite ;)
Available now on Soundcloud: https://soundcloud.com/telurica/sets/ma ... t-location

idfpower wrote:
chilledpanda wrote:I will try and get mine sorted for you this weekend. Just I didn't save mine as it was a pita to do so, after a few experiments I decided not to bother. Plus they have quite a few animated parameters. The proposed save as would be a godsend ;).
Yeah, that's why I've asked payne...I expect to be some issues with all submitted presets since they were created with different Tunefish versions, so payne is prolly the only one able to sort out the (eventual) mess. But I've heard a lot of good stuff in all songs so I bet the final preset list will be dynamite ;)
I'm sure their will be.main issue forms was the UI been a bit fiddly. I wouldn't mind beta testing tf4, when ready to do so Payne, if that's OK with u.

Okay, I cleaned up the mess on my server. If anybody still needs them, the beta versions are now here:

http://www.tunefish-synth.com/tf3/

Okay, just for information, I think the final Tunefish 3.2 will be out tonight together with a new website.
I hope you guys are fine with the way I merged together all the submitted presets into the new factory bank. I did not throw out any of them, I just increased the size of the bank to 500 and put them all in (around 270 total btw). I did however have a hard time categorizing all of them properly so I hope you're fine with it as it is now.

I'll post the final link here again as soon as it's done. Now back to work.... ;)

Sounds Great! payne_bc :)
I have just one question: Is it there in this new Tunefish 3.2 version save as function? I ask this, cause I had and still have problem to get my presets to fxp format in Cubase 6.5.

Best Regards
JKF Flashico

Merry Xmas

payne_bc wrote:Okay, just for information, I think the final Tunefish 3.2 will be out tonight together with a new website.
I hope you guys are fine with the way I merged together all the submitted presets into the new factory bank. I did not throw out any of them, I just increased the size of the bank to 500 and put them all in (around 270 total btw). I did however have a hard time categorizing all of them properly so I hope you're fine with it as it is now.

I'll post the final link here again as soon as it's done. Now back to work.... ;)

That new version is actually the last beta version I posted here with new soundbank. I will rework the instrument manager at a later time. Tunefish v4 has a new one and if that works well, I will build the same one into v3. So I need you guys to be a little patient with this one :) It will all be improved!

And merry xmas to you all :)

Thanks, bro, kudos for all your work :)

payne_bc wrote:That new version is actually the last beta version I posted here with new soundbank. I will rework the instrument manager at a later time. Tunefish v4 has a new one and if that works well, I will build the same one into v3. So I need you guys to be a little patient with this one :) It will all be improved!

And merry xmas to you all :)
Thanks a lot. Was a very enjoyable Synth. I hope to have a Tunefish 4 OSC going :) :) :)

Okay, here it finally is. I hope this new soundbank will make TF3 even more useful and fun for many people. Thanks to all who contributed. You're in the readme.txt with soundcloud URL (I hope that is okay). Also, the new website is online and TF4 will go public in just a couple of days, so check back soon ;)

http://www.tunefish-synth.com/

Return to “Instruments”