The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Ogopogo wrote:I really don't blame them for ignoring the majority of facebook questions. They do occasionally respond on facebook, twitter, and youtube. Does anybody answer everything? Seems like a full time job. The features themselves indicate that they do listen to customers. They pretty much came into existence to fulfill people's wishes for what Live could be. There's also evidence that they are listening to what people are saying about them, for example one of their facebook posts is about how people were asking for note tools and so they added them. And Dom even posted in this thread to address the ruckus over the lack of multiout vst support, saying it was a priority for the next version. And then Thomas reports that he is suggesting things as he beta tests and that they have been receptive to his suggestions. The thing is they could probably never answer everyone questions and it could complicate their process when they have been refining things the whole time and stuff was up in the air. The probably had some doubts as to what exactly was going to make it into v1 and what it was going to look like, so they wouldn't want to talk themselves into a corner.

Technical support is probably a whole nother thing, I doubt their willingness to spill all the deets now says anything about how responsive they will be to user's actual problems.

And so far it seems Ableton has a pretty bad reputation on that front so I dunno if you would want to jump to that ship. Lots of stuff that people have asked for has been ignored a long time, Live 9 was received as a lackluster update. It seems that some of the changes that have happened have been in response to bitwig. For example Multi monitor support all of a sudden, and a new streamlined beta process when apparently it was horrible before and bugs were not acknowledged.
Well nobody expects them to answer every single post on Facebook. But at least half of the questions seem to be about the release date, and there has been silence with regard to this. It really would be sensible for them to put out some sort of an update.

Who knows. They might just suddenly release it before Christmas, and we'll all be happy. But if there's no release and no communication as to the date, then I imagine it'll annoy a lot of people.

codec_spurt wrote:Oh f**k you're right. That's Bones innit. Jesus. What a guy! What a dev.
Yeah and what a crazy freak too. :hihi:

Plugs not for me but I do love their old school EBM/industrial. They are very talented in this respect.

IncarnateX wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:Oh f**k you're right. That's Bones innit. Jesus. What a guy! What a dev.
Yeah and what a crazy freak too. :hihi:

Plugs not for me but I do love their old school EBM/industrial. They are very talented in this respect.

One of the few guys that could out verb me, and mean it and be coherent. Well..

This isn't all about me though, is it? Darling?

:-)

He probably uses Ableton and is waiting for the bitwigs.

Then again, doesn't he use Orion like Kriminal? f**king pair of twisted bastards the pair of them.

hibidy wrote:haha.

Live is still my "riker", though as you know I've mostly got it going with S1. Neither is perfect, they complement each other nicely imho depending on my mood.
There is no perfect host, only a distant dream of one. :lol: Like Don Corleone said...

"Just when I think I'm out, they pull me back in!!! (with more new shiny stuff I probably don't need anyway)" :hihi:

It's all but a nice dream, like the 3 foot tall perfect woman with a flat head to sit your beer on, no teeth, and no in-laws. :hihi:

Last edited by miedex on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
miedex

codec_spurt wrote:Then again, doesn't he use Orion.
Bones is married to Orion, sweetie, and would kill for it' s reputation. :wink:

virtualmark wrote:Well nobody expects them to answer every single post on Facebook. But at least half of the questions seem to be about the release date, and there has been silence with regard to this. It really would be sensible for them to put out some sort of an update.

Who knows. They might just suddenly release it before Christmas, and we'll all be happy. But if there's no release and no communication as to the date, then I imagine it'll annoy a lot of people.
Hehe, I almost said in that post that most of those unanswered questions on facebook were just people begging for the release date. Not releasing the date is probably the most understandable thing to me though. They don't want to give a date until they are ready so they don't end up having to release something with issues. It's been discussed ad nauseum earlier on. They did give a rough time frame though and that tweet I posted early counts as an update enough for me. It's posted halfway through october saying that it should be out by the end of there year. So that gives you about a 2 1/2-2 month timeframe for release. Of course if they don't make that, that's another story. My guess is they'll get it solid, give a week or so announcement, and then we will all be able to enjoy the demo.
miedex wrote:at first i thought "its cool they can take as long as they want since its their company"

but now after all these worthless threads and posts i feel like bitwig already has 10 years worth of kvr shit smeared on I kind of hate the thing just for the frustration and anxiety its generated in this world.
So you thought you'd add to the drama? Seriously though, I don't think it matters. Bitwig hasn't done anything but work on their product, and all of the negativity, misconceptions, or fanboism will be forgotten when it's released.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Sat Dec 07, 2013 12:20 am, edited 2 times in total.

miedex wrote:at first i thought "its cool they can take as long as they want since its their company"

but now after all these worthless threads and posts i feel like bitwig already has 10 years worth of kvr shit smeared on I kind of hate the thing just for the frustration and anxiety its generated in this world.
Bitwig hasn't generated any frustration and anxiety... that is already there and it looks for something to focus on and blame...

pdxindy wrote:

Bitwig hasn't generated any frustration and anxiety... that is already there and it looks for something to focus on and blame...
That's kind of deep.

It's also absolutely correct!

Life is a mirror ...
... space is the place ...

IncarnateX wrote:
codec_spurt wrote:Then again, doesn't he use Orion.
Bones is married to Orion, sweetie, and would kill for it' s reputation. :wink:

That's what I thought too.

Orion is a pretty amazing piece of software actually. It's all a man would ever need.

When I say 'Man'...

Ogopogo wrote:
virtualmark wrote:Well nobody expects them to answer every single post on Facebook. But at least half of the questions seem to be about the release date, and there has been silence with regard to this. It really would be sensible for them to put out some sort of an update.

Hehe, I almost said in that post that most of those unanswered questions on facebook were just people begging for the release date. Not releasing the date is probably the most understandable thing to me though. They don't want to give a date until they are ready so they don't end up having to release something with issues. It's been discussed ad nauseum earlier on. They did give a rough time frame though and that tweet I posted early counts as an update enough for me. It's posted halfway through october saying that it should be out by the end of there year. So that gives you about a 2 1/2-2 month timeframe for release. Of course if they don't make that, that's another story. My guess is they'll get it solid, give a week or so announcement, and then we will all be able to enjoy the demo.

So you thought you'd add to the drama? Seriously though, I don't think it matters. Bitwig hasn't done anything but work on their product, and all of the negativity, misconceptions, or fanboism will be forgotten when it's released.
I won't say I read your post. Because I didn't.

But I will say: Paragraphs are our friend.

Really.

Break it down. Take it to the bridge.

Last edited by miedex on Fri Feb 14, 2014 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.
miedex

People care how good the program and their support is. Not how much a bunch of guys on the internet tore their hair out before it came out.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”