Yellofier test

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This is only a test file I made with the Yellofier iPad app. I wanted to both test its recording capabilities and how it shares song. So this is only a quick test I did in a few minutes.

I made 2 recordings with a Shure SM57 and a Rolan Duo-Capture EX just to quickly test Yellofier. In both instances I first played a few notes on a children guitar (untuned) followed by a few weird vocal sounds. The slices are not perfect especially in Bank A. Don't hesitate to rearrange them. Two sounds for Yello Sound Library 1 are used on Track 4.

I then made a quick 2 bars sequence, again it can be further tweaked even without changing the steps themselves by changing their level, pitch and/or FX.

To import the "zvon 01b.yello" file, unzip the archive and email the "zvon 01b.yello" (not the zip) to an idevice where Yellofier is installed. Then click the attachement and chose open in Yellofier.

Please refer to the Yellofier instructions for more info.

download the test file here, the zip includes the "zvon 01b.yello" file and a text file: Yellofier test file

Listen to how it sounds:
Yellofier test mp3

if you just wanted to test that others could import it in this manner, then it worked for me :tu:

Sent it to my ipad, but I'm given the option to open in several apps but not Yellofier..hmm, why was el-bo able to and not me?
Last edited by bluedad on Sat Dec 07, 2013 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

bluedad wrote:Sent it to my ipad, but I'm not given the option to open in several apps but not Yellofier..hmm, why was el-bo able to and not me?
here's what i did (and maybe it's not what i was supposed to )

- unzipped the attachment on my mac

- sent an email to myself with the file attached

- opened mail on ipad and downloaded attachment (which curiously showed up with the icon of avplayerHD)

- long-press on the attachment and selected yellowfier from the 4 choices i was given

I did just that, but Yellofier isn't among the options given.. Thumbjam, yes, dropbox mail etc..no Yellofier.
Why can't they give you the option of what app to open it in..?

bluedad wrote:I did just that, but Yellofier isn't among the options given.. Thumbjam, yes, dropbox mail etc..no Yellofier.
Why can't they give you the option of what app to open it in..?
that's really bizarre

my options to open in are 'mail', 'avplayerHD', 'dropbox' and 'yellofier'

it's odd because i also own 'thumbjam' but am not given the option :roll:

just went through the process again to see if i got a different selection but it worked out the same

seems it might have something to do with the order of installation

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3073437

will dig further

apparently the 'open in' list is limited to 10 (or was)

i'm only given 4 options, despite also owning one of the other apps you mentioned

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/26 ... 0&tstart=0

what is your list made up of ??

there are so many threads regarding this issue on the webz, but no real solutions

I was not aware of that strange issue that, I have 4 apps in my 'open in' list.

zvon wrote:I was not aware of that strange issue that, I have 4 apps in my 'open in' list.
it's pretty frustrating that the issue seems to be unresolved..from what i can gather it might be down to some apps that are installed that cause conflicts..

does yours offer yellofier ??

el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: does yours offer yellofier ??
Yes, my iPad is not open at the moment, Dropbox is one of the other apps offered but I don't remember the 2 other ones.

zvon wrote:
el-bo (formerly ebow) wrote: does yours offer yellofier ??
Yes, my iPad is not open at the moment, Dropbox is one of the other apps offered but I don't remember the 2 other ones.
how very frustrating

My options are
Mail, Notability, Dropbox, Evernote and Thumbjam

bluedad wrote:My options are
Mail, Notability, Dropbox, Evernote and Thumbjam
what effin sense does that make ?? :roll:

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”