Spire: Feature requests

Official support for: reveal-sound.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Trancestorm wrote:im using f.lux in the night to keep my eyes fresh, but in the ember mode i cant read any thing in the spire gui. :(
f.lux is set to ember mode 1200K. :? ( here is the f.lux page: http://justgetflux.com/ )
here is shot with my mobile phone:

i can read all other plugins i have - spire seems to be only with that problem. :help:
wtf?

I used to use f.lux but never saw it get THAT red..

EDGEK8D wrote:I'm pleased with the option to make the decay and release parameters linear, convex, or concave. But, it would be even better if you could control the amount of convex/concavity.
Sounds good to me but I think I would prefer greater control over both the logarithmic and exponential curves. :)

After few months of living with Spire here goes few requests from Logic 10.0.4 user:

First series of comments goes to Waveform selection menu

1. I find It way too big even for my 27" screen - in real life I have to scroll through It every time I want to find proper waveform. It's almost two times bigger than Spire's own window and It opens not in the middle front of Spire, but just opens down from the button.

2. Also, something weird is happening with a Waveform selection. While trying to scroll with a magic mouse I expect the waveforms to change one by one, but they jump from one to another randomly! That's completely disorienting.

3. Maybe it's worth to implement next/previous buttons like you already did in patch selection?

Next, various comments/suggestions:

1. Mapping Spire's controls to hardware controller within Logic is still a weak point - I found impossible to map any drop down menus to my controller.

2. As many others I'd like to see basic FX routing capabilities or at least Filter drive.

3. I fully understand Spire's design concept - almost all controls in the same window. But for me It's hard to focus on few controls within so small window. I think that the size of Spire window could be scaleable (75%, 100% 150% 200%) That could be very useful in different scenarios like small notebook or giant high-res display.

4. Step sequencer's fixed grid can sometimes limit creative process. I suggest to add one more mode where users could make their own complicated curves within one big looping region which is fixed to daw's bpm.

5. Noise generator. I guess that lowest filter slope for noise generator is 6 db/octave - it would be awesome to add more flat slopes like 4 db or less, because even with minimal slope there's noticeable resonance when just adding noise to the sounds i design.

That's all for now ;)

Anyway - Spire is first one from my big soft synth collection that I'm digging every day deeper and deeper.. Respect, Devs, great product!

Please add filter drive (saturation),i really miss this feature on spire...I want to be able to place a saturation between filter 1 and 2.
...want to know how to program great synth sounds,check my video tutorials: http://www.youtube.com/user/sergiofrias25

VitaminD wrote:I used to use f.lux but never saw it get THAT red..
well in the last update they added 1200K - Ember, which is quite dark and i really awesome to use in the night, when the room is totally dark, i cant read the blue digital values, the rest is good to read.
the blue values i can read with around 2700K, which is quite bright for the night.

Just to echo some other requests:

Filter Drive

Effects switchable (move around)

Intelligent display. When modifying pitch shows Semi-tones and cents, when modifying length then millisecond values etc

Comb Filter

All Oscillators' as a MOD destination

Noise generator. Seems to be something odd about it. "even with minimal slope there's noticeable resonance when just adding noise" maybe?

Step Sequencer is slow and a pain to use right now, see Massives performance LFO for a good example.

A big one: Filters post effects.

Wavetables

Very very good synth
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

Unisson mode

piastro wrote:Unisson mode
+1 that would actually be interesting. I sometimes instinctively look for a unison control on there.
Aiynzahev-sounds
Sound Designer - Soundsets for Pigments, Repro, Diva, Virus TI, Nord Lead 4, Serum, DUNE2, Spire, and others

The predelay on the reverb does not allow for short enough settings. Plate 2 seems better than Plate 1, but still, a 3rd mode which allows shorter predelays would be very welcome.

Aiynzahev wrote:
piastro wrote:Unisson mode
+1 that would actually be interesting. I sometimes instinctively look for a unison control on there.
+1

A) graphical envelopes, that you see
What you are changing when you move attack, decay etc.

B) How to modulate just the volume of a osc? For example LFO 1 modulates the volume of Osc1. What do i have to select? LFO1 -> OSC1 Amount?
EDM Producer

another request for .tun file support please :)
that would be awesome, thank you!

1. Needs Note Priority.
2. Needs dynamic visual feedback of envelope behavior.
3. Rip out the hard wiring of the envelopes to anything. There are plenty of envelope modulation slots and I'm confused by the hardwiring.

For instance... is envelope one hardwired to ALL the oscillators? If so, why isn't envelope two or three hardwired to the filter cutoffs? If I assign envelope one to oscillator one amp in the little "rapid access window" next to it, is it affecting all the oscillators?... is it doubling up the affect on the amp of oscillator one? it's utterly confusing. If you go with hardwiring envelopes to anything... it should be clearly explained in the manual.

I am pretty much sure that it is hardwired to vol of Osc 1,2,3,4. if you select Osc1 pitch it only affects Osc1 pitch not the pitch of all Oscs. But you can test that easily, just try it?
EDM Producer

Yeah, I did. I am "pretty sure" that's what is going on as well. Sure would be nice to just start with a clean slate and have a more accurate understanding of what was happening, without all the guesswork. So if I assign the envelope 1 to osc. 1 pitch in the "rapid access," it is then controlling the amp of all osc + pitch of osc.1. When I then turn up the amount it is now "doubling up" the amount of -> osc amp + pitch of osc.1. Starts to get weird. Why all the mess?

Return to “Reveal Sound”