bangin old skool techno track , please tell me what im doing wrong

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

https://soundcloud.com/dekrecka here my new track play loud !!!

a new tune im after adding ,, dark and old skool

wud u-he satin improve my mix ?????

"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

lectropunk wrote:wud u-he satin improve my mix ?????
no. the proper use of an eq would improve your mix. also the proper use of reverb and compression. i can't really hear anything Mixed at all yet.
beside that the "music" is kind of boring. what about some addings that make it more interesting? right now it's more or less a bass/drumloop with some added sounds.

Mushy Mushy wrote:Why do you need two threads?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 99#5589599
sorry man this wasme original , sorrry bud

audio/fault wrote:
no. the proper use of an eq would improve your mix. also the proper use of reverb and compression. i can't really hear anything Mixed at all yet.
beside that the "music" is kind of boring. what about some addings that make it more interesting? right now it's more or less a bass/drumloop with some added sounds.
thanks man

lectropunk wrote:
Mushy Mushy wrote:Why do you need two threads?
http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 99#5589599
sorry man this wasme original , sorrry bud
Just curious 8)
Thought they were two different tracks initially.

Your tracks have potential. They just need more, how do I say it, balls. More oomph.
"I was wondering if you'd like to try Magic Mushrooms"
"Oooh I dont know. Sounds a bit scary"
"It's not scary. You just lose a sense of who you are and all that sh!t"

Nope. But a better song structure and more variation will do... :wink:

i only make techno from my youth influence

a new track added 6 lines party time play loud

darren cummins - rock the tek

Well, I see great potential in this track.

The kind of Techno you're trying to emulate is very repetitive by nature. However, your track surpasses the desirable level of repetitiveness, but there's some elements you could add/fix to improve it. The main loop is cool but it seems like an endless intro and the track never "happens". Also, you could add claps and a louder hihat, at some point. These dirty and simple tricks add a "fake" movement to the track. For a start, it will do the trick.

1 - Add some reverb/delay fx. Some down-pitched percussion samples, with tons of reverb or delay. Use it carefuly of course, and set the levels according to the track, avoiding them to overpower the main rhythm. Rimshots and cowbells are magic, at ultra-low pitches.

2 - Acid line. 303-like sounds are a must for this kind of track. Again, you should use it according to the arrangement, at certain parts, and see how it affects the flow of the track. In other words: put it only at those parts you want to emphasize.

3 - Your break is louder than the rest of the track. Not good.

4 - Extend the break and add some pads. Juno pads would be great. Program some simple 3-note chords progression, and you're on the way.

5 - White noise wooshes aren't inherent to this era, but who cares? Put some white noise wooshes and washes on the transitions. There's some specific (free) synths for this task.

Don't be affraid to experiment with your work. Be crazy with it! ;)
Last edited by dark_virus on Thu Dec 12, 2013 7:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wow, Detroit Techno :D

Jeff Mils - Cobolt
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqQ92twxMMc

Pay the more attention to drum tracks.
There are more changes than you expect.

Everything Dark_virus said is definitely something you need to consider. At the moment both of your tracks are monotonous and extremely boring and feel like little thought was put into them.
Your starting bass line also is not tight at all with the kick, compress those two together.
EQ some more
and glue all the elements together with bits of reverb.

Return to “Music Cafe”