Best Virtual Guitar Samples or Plugin?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Alexi had the ESP passive pickup even on his old "Wild Child" Jackson... Passive EMGs are crap. :D

i vote for east west on this case! :-)
It indeed depends on the kind of sound you need, but i like the way they did their guitars. Perfect for me.
libraries: MOR1 en certainly MOR2.

kind regards
R.

b15fliptop wrote:
Lode_Runner wrote:I love Orange Tree Samples.

Vir2 Electri6ity also looks good, and while an earlier poster mentioned that he doesn't really hear much difference, for me I know exactly which model I'd be reaching for depending on musical context (as a starting point Strat for more biting funky cleans through to Hendrix fuzzy dirty, Les Paul for overdriven hard rock ala Led Zeppelin, P90 when I want the Les Paul hard rock to have an even more dirty uncontrolled sound, Telecaster for a more twangy clean sound, Rickenbacker for more jangly Beatles sound, ES335 for a fuller semi-acoustic blues sound, L4 for an even fuller semi-acoustic mellow jazz sound, not sure where I'd use the danelectro).
I should clarify that when I said I didn't hear a difference, I was referring to realism. There is a definite, quite audible difference between the various models in Electri6ity, and I have owned most of them in real life, so that aspect I appreciate. It's just that nine times out of ten I want a humbucker sound, in which case I usually reach for the Orange Tree samples.
Sorry for the late response several pages later, I apologise b15fliptop, I completely misunderstood what you were saying, thanks for clarifying. Also sorry for my somewhat condescending comment, it wasn't intended in that way, but when I reread it I think it sounds condescending, when truth is you have far more experience with the real models than I do.

I am really surprised that no one mentioned Impact Soundworks' Shreddage II. I absolutely love it for my metal tracks.

Edit: I stand corrected! It was mentioned on the previous page. My bad!

Yeah, we've covered practically every guitar sample library on the market for KONTAKT and UVI and some VSTs (the better ones, imo) with appearances from some of KVRs virtual guitar heavy users JanCivil, Progtronic... Unfortunately, some very strange individual named BBFG# (who could more honestly go by Pinocchio) sidetracked the thread a bit with his obsessive compulsive axe to grind (pun intended) against a certain dev; but the guy's claim that people are only discussing one developer's library is completely absurd, as we've discussed Evolution Electric Guitar and Acoustic Guitar, EastWest, Electri6ity, Shreddage 2, Pettinhouse guitar libraries, Prominy, Indignus, MusicLabs RealGuitar/RealStrat/RealLPC, Ilya, AmpleSound, etc. with strong proponents for various libraries. Apart from the BBFG# posts, this thread is a pretty valuable resource for anyone looking for virtual guitar libraries/VSTs.

Come back memyselfandus (the original poster), it should be safe -- or at least safer -- now!

Lode_Runner wrote:
b15fliptop wrote:
Lode_Runner wrote:I love Orange Tree Samples.

Vir2 Electri6ity also looks good, and while an earlier poster mentioned that he doesn't really hear much difference, for me I know exactly which model I'd be reaching for depending on musical context (as a starting point Strat for more biting funky cleans through to Hendrix fuzzy dirty, Les Paul for overdriven hard rock ala Led Zeppelin, P90 when I want the Les Paul hard rock to have an even more dirty uncontrolled sound, Telecaster for a more twangy clean sound, Rickenbacker for more jangly Beatles sound, ES335 for a fuller semi-acoustic blues sound, L4 for an even fuller semi-acoustic mellow jazz sound, not sure where I'd use the danelectro).
I should clarify that when I said I didn't hear a difference, I was referring to realism. There is a definite, quite audible difference between the various models in Electri6ity, and I have owned most of them in real life, so that aspect I appreciate. It's just that nine times out of ten I want a humbucker sound, in which case I usually reach for the Orange Tree samples.
Sorry for the late response several pages later, I apologise b15fliptop, I completely misunderstood what you were saying, thanks for clarifying. Also sorry for my somewhat condescending comment, it wasn't intended in that way, but when I reread it I think it sounds condescending, when truth is you have far more experience with the real models than I do.
No offense taken, at all. Your comment just made me realize that I wasn't entirely clear, and I figured it would be of more value if we all knew what I was talking about. :)

i still didn't get which "Demo" BBFG was talking about, and exactly what was "revamped". fishy...
I don't know what to write here that won't be censored, as I can only speak in profanity.

Burillo wrote:i still didn't get which "Demo" BBFG was talking about, and exactly what was "revamped". fishy...
In his last post BBFG# claimed that OTS once had a product demo that is no longer carried; that's patently false. I confirmed this with Greg Schlaepfer, the owner, last night; OTS has never had this in their 5 yr history and has not discontinued libraries (Strawberry later evolved into Evolution Electric Guitar - Strawberry, but there was never a FREE version or free trial of any library). Second, BBFG# claimed that the OTS website was recently revamped; that's patently false. As JanCivil correctly pointed out, the current OTS website design has been up for years; the logo has changed, but not the website design. I did a search on BBFG# at KVR and found he has a history of this behavior.

So all we have left is a mystery as to why BBFG# has an obsessive-compulsive fixation on taking cheap shots at Orange Tree Samples and why he continues posting false information; his repeated claim that all anyone is mentioning in this thread are OTS libraries (just about every guitar library and VST on the market has been mentioned with users stating favorable opinions and no one has knocked anyone else's opinion that I've noticed; Progtronic, for example, is a musician I praised and recommended people check out his music and he exclusively uses Electri6ity). I can't help but wonder what BBFG#'s real story/motivation is and why he's so obsessed with OTS and feels the need to keep posting here when he has no experience using any guitar sample libraries (beyond his single fake experience "chromatic testing" a library that doesn't exist) or VSTs and keeps repeating the same post ad nauseam.
Last edited by eDrummist on Fri Dec 13, 2013 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Dean Aka Nekro wrote:I'm surprised ISW's Shreddage 2 has zero competition in the (for want of a much better term here) 'djent'/progressive heavy area where 7-strings and extended scale-length are wanted.
That really is surprising, and I did mention to Windmiller when beta-testing his guitar VSTi that extra low range would probably be appreciated by a lot of users. It might be a really small niche market, though, I really don't know. I'm definitely not a part of that market, haha.

eDrummist wrote:
Burillo wrote:i still didn't get which "Demo" BBFG was talking about, and exactly what was "revamped". fishy...
In his last post BBFG# claimed that OTS once had a product demo that is no longer carried; that's patently false. I confirmed this with Greg Schlaepfer, the owner, last night; OTS has never had this in their 5 yr history and has not discontinued libraries (Strawberry later evolved into Evolution Electric Guitar - Strawberry, but there was never a FREE version or free trial of any library). Second, BBFG# claimed that the OTS website was recently revamped; that's patently false. As JanCivil correctly pointed out, the current OTS website design has been up for years; the logo has changed, but not the website design.

So all we have left is a mystery as to why BBFG# has an obsessive-compulsive fixation on taking cheap shots at Orange Tree Samples and why he continues posting false information; his repeated claim that all anyone is mentioning in this thread are OTS libraries (just about every guitar library and VST on the market has been mentioned with users stating favorable opinions and no one has knocked anyone else's opinion that I've noticed; Progtronic, for example, is a musician I praised and recommended people check out his music and he exclusively uses Electri6ity). I can't help but wonder what BBFG#'s real story/motivation is and why he's so obsessed with OTS and feels the need to keep posting here, but one thing is, I'm not about to let this BS artist's false information and attacks against an outstanding developer stand unchallenged. FTR, if this guy attacked any dev with false information, I would stand up for the dev. There's no valid reason for anyone to engage in that kind of behavior, IMO.
Oddly enough, on the old thread I quoted myself from, there was no question about the demo, only disagreements about my findings. So apparently there was something there before. It seems this 'obsession' is not mine, but yours.

As I keep saying, try them all, including OT. And if you find you like them above the others - great! If not, enjoy the one you found to be best for you.

EvilDragon wrote:Alexi had the ESP passive pickup even on his old "Wild Child" Jackson... Passive EMGs are crap. :D
+1
Have pretty much been a Seymour fan for anything passive. I do still love certain stock pickups though. (Teles and Rickys especially).

From the above youtube video, Shreddage II and Prominy sound the best with Vir 2 in 3rd place IMHO.

Thankfully, I have Shreddage II but do not know yet how to program it (have not 'taken it out of the box' so to speak).

Now I just need a kick butt acoustic guitar with automatic strumming that is truly convincing and stupid simple to use (i'm a lowly keyboardist - not a guitarist at all).

Mike

Karmacomposer wrote:From the above youtube video, Shreddage II and Prominy sound the best with Vir 2 in 3rd place IMHO.

Thankfully, I have Shreddage II but do not know yet how to program it (have not 'taken it out of the box' so to speak).

Now I just need a kick butt acoustic guitar with automatic strumming that is truly convincing and stupid simple to use (i'm a lowly keyboardist - not a guitarist at all).

Mike
I have Shreddage II and absolutely adore it. V-Metal sounds good, but if you're going to spend $300 on that, you may as well just skip that and get a real guitar.

progtronic wrote: I'll probably buy into an Amplesounds acoustic guitar bundle. I really like the realism of their instruments.
After a year of contemplation, I finally bought an AmpleSounds acoustic guitar. In my opinion, their acoustics, all 3, have by far the best sound. Nice strumming system too and they are actively making it even better by the looks of the new TAB system.

...still looking for the perfect electric guitar VST though.

Return to “Instruments”