The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Audio Plugin Hosts and other audio software applications discussion
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Bitwig Studio 5

Well, even though I'm older than dirt, I didn't know what it was and sure enough, my ol' friend the urban dictionary had some slut slang.

ThomasHelzle wrote:"Keeping their word" is the wrong concept here IMO.
If you promise somebody ...
Tom
True. :) People maybe too often take commercial companies intentions as "promises" when they're simply intentions. How often do we ourselves "intend" to do something by a certain time or date, or just intend to look at the near term viability of doing something, but don't quite get there?

It's puzzling to me to see a dev shop say something like ... "We're going to take a look at implementing X in the next version." ... and watch the net start calling it a "promise" immediately, and then watch the net rail on angrily about broken promises if they don't do it.

No wonder so many developers just completely stopped talking in public about that kinda stuff. :hihi:

I'm not sure I follow but I don't remember any promises. I think though that people might get antsy after a 2 year beta though :hihi:

Well... some will take their stated intention to release before the end of the year as a "broken promise" if they don't. :)

Wait for it... assuming they don't actually release it before then. They still have a couple of weeks. :hihi:

Here's one instance of Dom saying "We will release it this year."

http://youtu.be/qeH0i-M0tC0?t=9m49s

There are other quotes, some more recent that drive this home more.

So yeah, they have said they will do a certain thing, so to do it or not do it means keeping their word or not. No need to complicate it.

I get that you have a problem with people being unrealistic with developers, but if you want to act like what they say doesn't matter at all you are just going off base in the other direction.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Fri Dec 13, 2013 4:29 am, edited 1 time in total.

Release time = Whatever developer says x 3 :hihi:

LawrenceF wrote:Well... some will take their stated intention to release before the end of the year as a "broken promise" if they don't. :)

Wait for it... assuming they don't actually release it before then. They still have a couple of weeks. :hihi:
Yeah, I'm holding my breath :hihi:

In the meantime, we'll have some fun on here.

TheoM wrote:So has the beta update arena been quiet or are they still rolling out? a stall should mean release soon.
Not gonna be till Christmas or later.

Q1 2014 IMO

Q3 2014 IMO but not as BitWig, by NI ;-)

Ogopogo wrote:
So yeah, they have said they will do a certain thing, so to do it or not do it means keeping their word or not. No need to complicate it.

The part you miss, is that Dom has also said they will release it when it is ready and they feel it is solid enough. My impression, is that is of more importance than meeting an arbitrary date which is only a guess.

And I hope they don't keep their word... cause it is not worth keeping. That is a social construct used to control people. It is demanded of you to say something and then you are supposed to stick to it regardless of whether circumstances have changed and if you don't others will try to 'punish' you for it. That is not creative intelligent living.

If a serious bug shows up, then I would rather they wait a few days to fix it then act like an automaton and push it out unready just to uphold some estimate.

I feel a deathmatch brewing between two of KVR Hosts most popular threads. Both have been built upon a bedrock of drama, passion and the uncertain future! So, I put it to you thus: what will be released first, Bitwig Studio... or the Propellerhead user forum?! :hihi:

If you look closely at the Bitwig and Propellorheads logos you'll notice 3 distinct symbols of the Illuminati.

I therefore posit that they are in fact the same company, and that the reason for the Prop's forum closing down is so that the final transform and reveal can take place at midnight tonight!.

Be afraid.

etc. etc.

Or whatever.
... space is the place ...

gone
Last edited by jacqueslacouth on Tue Sep 30, 2014 11:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)”