What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

The All In One Source Bitwig Information & Speculation Thread

Plug-in hosts and other software applications discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

38492 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:44 pm

Well, even though I'm older than dirt, I didn't know what it was and sure enough, my ol' friend the urban dictionary had some slut slang.
KVRian

840 posts since 23 Sep, 2005

Postby Muziksculp; Thu Dec 12, 2013 5:09 pm

KVRAF

4189 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:07 pm

ThomasHelzle wrote:"Keeping their word" is the wrong concept here IMO.
If you promise somebody ...
Tom

True. :) People maybe too often take commercial companies intentions as "promises" when they're simply intentions. How often do we ourselves "intend" to do something by a certain time or date, or just intend to look at the near term viability of doing something, but don't quite get there?

It's puzzling to me to see a dev shop say something like ... "We're going to take a look at implementing X in the next version." ... and watch the net start calling it a "promise" immediately, and then watch the net rail on angrily about broken promises if they don't do it.

No wonder so many developers just completely stopped talking in public about that kinda stuff. :hihi:
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:09 pm

I'm not sure I follow but I don't remember any promises. I think though that people might get antsy after a 2 year beta though :hihi:
KVRAF

4189 posts since 4 Dec, 2004

Postby LawrenceF; Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:12 pm

Well... some will take their stated intention to release before the end of the year as a "broken promise" if they don't. :)

Wait for it... assuming they don't actually release it before then. They still have a couple of weeks. :hihi:
KVRian

909 posts since 1 Oct, 2013

Postby Ogopogo; Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:22 pm

Here's one instance of Dom saying "We will release it this year."

http://youtu.be/qeH0i-M0tC0?t=9m49s

There are other quotes, some more recent that drive this home more.

So yeah, they have said they will do a certain thing, so to do it or not do it means keeping their word or not. No need to complicate it.

I get that you have a problem with people being unrealistic with developers, but if you want to act like what they say doesn't matter at all you are just going off base in the other direction.
Last edited by Ogopogo on Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KVRAF

2501 posts since 1 Dec, 2004, from Sydney, Australia

Postby dalor; Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:25 pm

Release time = Whatever developer says x 3 :hihi:
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Thu Dec 12, 2013 8:53 pm

LawrenceF wrote:Well... some will take their stated intention to release before the end of the year as a "broken promise" if they don't. :)

Wait for it... assuming they don't actually release it before then. They still have a couple of weeks. :hihi:

Yeah, I'm holding my breath :hihi:

In the meantime, we'll have some fun on here.
KVRian

1107 posts since 5 Nov, 2009

Postby arkmabat; Thu Dec 12, 2013 9:05 pm

TheoM wrote:So has the beta update arena been quiet or are they still rolling out? a stall should mean release soon.

Not gonna be till Christmas or later.
3ee
KVRAF

2515 posts since 8 Mar, 2006

Postby 3ee; Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:05 pm

Q1 2014 IMO
KVRian

530 posts since 2 Dec, 2004, from North Wales

Postby SLiC; Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:30 pm

Q3 2014 IMO but not as BitWig, by NI ;-)
KVRAF

7990 posts since 2 Feb, 2005, from in the wilds

Postby pdxindy; Thu Dec 12, 2013 10:54 pm

Ogopogo wrote:
So yeah, they have said they will do a certain thing, so to do it or not do it means keeping their word or not. No need to complicate it.

The part you miss, is that Dom has also said they will release it when it is ready and they feel it is solid enough. My impression, is that is of more importance than meeting an arbitrary date which is only a guess.

And I hope they don't keep their word... cause it is not worth keeping. That is a social construct used to control people. It is demanded of you to say something and then you are supposed to stick to it regardless of whether circumstances have changed and if you don't others will try to 'punish' you for it. That is not creative intelligent living.

If a serious bug shows up, then I would rather they wait a few days to fix it then act like an automaton and push it out unready just to uphold some estimate.
KVRian

1466 posts since 14 Mar, 2002, from Seattle, WA - USA

Postby Tronam; Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:01 pm

I feel a deathmatch brewing between two of KVR Hosts most popular threads. Both have been built upon a bedrock of drama, passion and the uncertain future! So, I put it to you thus: what will be released first, Bitwig Studio... or the Propellerhead user forum?! :hihi:
KVRAF

9652 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:05 pm

If you look closely at the Bitwig and Propellorheads logos you'll notice 3 distinct symbols of the Illuminati.

I therefore posit that they are in fact the same company, and that the reason for the Prop's forum closing down is so that the final transform and reveal can take place at midnight tonight!.

Be afraid.

etc. etc.

Or whatever.
KVRist

329 posts since 17 Nov, 2004, from Murrumburrah, Australia

Postby jacqueslacouth; Thu Dec 12, 2013 11:06 pm

I actually think Bitwig has been finished for ages but they had a surprise inclusion of Sampletank 3 as one of the included instruments. :D
Where the Hell is Murrumburrah????? Well may you ask, but there I dwell!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hosts & Applications (Sequencers, DAWs, Audio Editors, etc.)