Charlatan v1.4.1 - free VA synth (Win VSTi 32-/64-bit)

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Charlatan Charlatan - Time Capsule

Doc Brown wrote:
Mutant wrote:1. Spawn the plugin.
2. Move a control on the GUI.
3. Click "Param" on the top right, pick "Learn" from the menu.
4. Move a knob or a fader on your hardware.
5. My settings for that little "MIDI/OSC Learn" window: CC mode = Absolute, all checkboxes unchecked.
6. Click "OK"
7. Repeat 2-6 for all parameters you wish to MIDI learn.
8. Open the tracks FX window, select only Charlatan, FX/"Save selected FX as chain..." - this will save all the MIDI learn settings and you wont have to repeat the process ever again.
Hey Mutant.

No can do my friend. It's not working for some stupid reason. I've tried it 15 times I bet to no avail. After I twist the knob it gives me a midi CC number showing it discovered my knob input. I then make sure it's set to absolute. I click ok and nothing. I have no idea what's going on with it.
The first that comes to mind is to make sure that you have your Options/Preferences/MIDI devices/In from "your midi hardware name here" set to Enabled+CONTROL.

Doubleclick on it and check "Enable input for control messages".
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:
Doc Brown wrote:
Mutant wrote:1. Spawn the plugin.
2. Move a control on the GUI.
3. Click "Param" on the top right, pick "Learn" from the menu.
4. Move a knob or a fader on your hardware.
5. My settings for that little "MIDI/OSC Learn" window: CC mode = Absolute, all checkboxes unchecked.
6. Click "OK"
7. Repeat 2-6 for all parameters you wish to MIDI learn.
8. Open the tracks FX window, select only Charlatan, FX/"Save selected FX as chain..." - this will save all the MIDI learn settings and you wont have to repeat the process ever again.
Hey Mutant.

No can do my friend. It's not working for some stupid reason. I've tried it 15 times I bet to no avail. After I twist the knob it gives me a midi CC number showing it discovered my knob input. I then make sure it's set to absolute. I click ok and nothing. I have no idea what's going on with it.
The first that comes to mind is to make sure that you have your Options/Preferences/MIDI devices/In from "your midi hardware name here" set to Enabled+CONTROL.

Doubleclick on it and check "Enable input for control messages".
Hey Mutant.

Figured out that what you described works on my main controller. Awesome! I've been trying to make it work on my Arturia 49 key controller as it has knobs and sliders set up for synth duty. It will not work for some reason on the Arturia...maybe because of encoders or ssomething. Anyway, thanks for your help man. Appreciate it. :tu:

Hello all KVR people!

I present the Final Update of Rebeld, this free soundset for Charlatan is now fully updated with:
  • Normalized volumes
    Mod-Wheel control
    128 patches
    PDF installation guide
You can download the entire soundset for free in:
http://www.zensound.es/soundsets/charlatan-rebeld-free/

I hope you like it, and of course I'm open to suggestions and commentaries.

Also from now we have in ZenSound a Christmas 50% offer in all soundsets!

Thanks!

So where is karrikuh? I just love it when devs disappear into thin air and leave their half-baked projects behind. :x

Just finish them first, FFS!

I hope karrikuh will be back with a nice basketful of updates [mostly of his fx].

toothnclaw wrote:half-baked
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

toothnclaw wrote:So where is karrikuh? I just love it when devs disappear into thin air and leave their half-baked projects behind. :x

I hope karrikuh will be back with a nice basketful of updates [mostly of his fx].
Very not cool.

toothnclaw wrote:So where is karrikuh? I just love it when devs disappear into thin air and leave their half-baked projects behind. :x

Wow how ungrateful ... If you don't like Charlatan then leave it or make your own synth ... Can't believe that such people are existing
rabbit in a hole

it seems charlatan is 'very well cooked' -- neither half-baked nor overdone.

ymmv

in any event, maybe tooth was referring to the separate fx vsts...

i help u out! it's just the right gif for yourself.. ..thanx! :)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

ZenSound wrote:Image

Hello all KVR people!

I present the Final Update of Rebeld, this free soundset for Charlatan is now fully updated with:
  • Normalized volumes
    Mod-Wheel control
    128 patches
    PDF installation guide
You can download the entire soundset for free in:
http://www.zensound.es/soundsets/charlatan-rebeld-free/

I hope you like it, and of course I'm open to suggestions and commentaries.

Also from now we have in ZenSound a Christmas 50% offer in all soundsets!

Thanks!
Thank you very much :)
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

Mutant wrote:Thank you very much :)
I'm glad you like it, thanks :)

I've made two banks (64 sounds) for Charlatan. Many of the sounds uses the Mod Wheel.
I called the banks 'Retro'.

hope you like it :)

You can download them here:

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/charlat ... /downloads

Charlatan is everything but half baked. In fact, it's probably more full baked than Karrikuh himself planned. :hihi: The intention was to make a really simple synth with NOT loads of features, and that's obviously what he achieved. Tbh, i would also like it to have some more options, especially the lack of midi learn bothers me when i use it. But then, it is his plugin, he can choose whatever he likes to do with it, and therefor give it for free. Maybe one day we see a payware plugin from him, then we can complain what it doesn't have at least. :P

chk071 wrote: i would also like it to have some more options, especially the lack of midi learn bothers me when i use it.
I use the learn funcion in my DAW (Reaper) and it works OK.

Return to “Instruments”