plugin to allow control of EQ spikes via the frequencies on a midi keyboard?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
LFOTool

Hay everyone :-)

Looks like a great site :-D and this is my first post to say hay all n hope you know of a plugin that does what im after :-)

So, does anyone know of a plugin that will let me control EQ frequency spikes via a midi keyboards 88keys?

By that i mean if i was to press middle C on the keyboard then it would give me a spike in the eq at 261.626, basically change the eq settings to spike at that notes position and drop off all the rest. Then if i also played other notes at the same time it would spike those frequencies too.
Anyone know of a plugin that would allow me to do that?

Cheers :-)

welcome!!:)

well if you press the "middle C" every analyzer in the world will "spike" at 261.626 because its the frequency of the "middle C".

maybe i understand you wrong?

anyway you can watch the frequencies spike with an analyzer and you can control them with an equalizer.

many equalizer have a build in analyzer. many are available i use the one from tonebooster: http://www.toneboosters.com/tb-equalizer/

among a few others.. ;)
Whoever wants music instead of noise, joy instead of pleasure, soul instead of gold, creative work instead of business, passion instead of foolery, finds no home in this trivial world of ours.

maybe i understand you wrong?
I think he doesn't mean just analyzing frequencies. He wants to control an EQ by pressing MIDI notes.
-Z- wrote:So, does anyone know of a plugin that will let me control EQ frequency spikes via a midi keyboards 88keys? By that i mean if i was to press middle C on the keyboard then it would give me a spike in the eq at 261.626, basically change the eq settings to spike at that notes position and drop off all the rest.
This is the least difficult part. Find a MIDI plugin which converts note-data to Control-data. Cubase has one build in. An external one is midiNotesToCC from Piz MIDI. Next step is to link the CC value to the filter frequency of a steep bandpass filter. When the key is released, a note-off message must sent the filter frequency to an extreme imperceivable low (which you should still cut away with another filter or eq). A better way, if possible, would be to use 'note off' to mute the eq and 'note on' to activate it (while still linking the frequency to the note number played).
Then if i also played other notes at the same time it would spike those frequencies too.
That's not easily attainable. I guess you have to dive into a modular environment like MUX or even MAX msp to attain this kind of control. You'll need a multiband EQ where the Nth band is used when the Nth simultaneous note is being played.

b.t.w. I'm not aware of a plugind which has the functions you like built in.
The more I hang around at KVR the less music I make.

-Z- wrote:By that i mean if i was to press middle C on the keyboard then it would give me a spike in the eq at 261.626, basically change the eq settings to spike at that notes position and drop off all the rest. Then if i also played other notes at the same time it would spike those frequencies too.
Anyone know of a plugin that would allow me to do that?
...sounds like you're after a bandpass filter with the cutoff being modulated via key tracking...

You can do this with LFOTool (MIDI notes to cutoff keytracking correctly, well, one band per instance, I'm not sure how notes would work otherwise). There are shelf/peak/notch and dozens of other filter types as well. Peak is the "typical" EQ band.

To do this with LFOTool:
1) Enable the filter (top-left) and select desire filter type, such as Peak
2) enable "Pitch>Cutoff" button in the MIDI section, lower-right corner
3) send MIDI notes to LFOTool (how to do this varies slightly depending on host, typically a new MIDI track routed to your desired audio track with LFOTool on it.

-Steve

super destroy fx rez synth is a polyphonic midi controllable bandpass filter bank. It will do what you want. The wet dry control becomes your gain. I don't remember if individual filters have their output controllable by velocity so you might be stuck with a single gain per band. I would check but I'm not in the studio. I think you could achieve subtractive eq by reversing the polarity of rezsynth on a send channel and then mixind it back into the dry signal via a group. Either way it's a great plugin.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

-Z- wrote: Anyone know of a plugin that would allow me to do that?
EQuilibrium has a keyboard with MIDI input.

Return to “Effects”