2CAudio B2: Full Body. Maximum Attitude.

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
B2

Galbanum wrote:Well, you can help us next time, and it will go faster maybe? :D
Fair enough, I'll try keep closer tab to beta testing next time. Honestly besides couple crashes in early beta w multiple instances it had been stable for a long time, so kudos on that.
Yes, indeed, new stuff soon. Something completely different for us... Does not compete with our existing products in any way -- so don't worry about holding out during our Holiday Sale. In honestly, I feel our existing verb products are pretty epic and remain comfortably seated at the top of the competitive marketplace despite a lot of great third party releases in the past two years... So now we can focus energies on something completely different for a little while... very exciting for me... :!: :!:
We'll put it on calendar and start bugging u every X days.. :hihi: :hihi:

SWallace wrote:Been messing around with both Aether and B2 deciding which one to purchase.
Easy solution: make it easy on yourself and get:

http://www.2caudio.com/products/theperf ... #_overview

:D
SWallace wrote: I can get a good sound quicker with Aether, but B2 is far more appealing due to the tweak ability.

Yes, Aether is less geaky. Here is something I posted in anothe forum about the differences between Aether and B2. In this case, the question was "if I have B2, why do I need/want Aether?"

Yes, absolutely. Aether and B2 are designed to compliment each other, not replace one another.

Some people prefer one more than the other--they are both equally popular. Some people use both all the time.

Aether is comprised of two "engines" like B2, but Aether has the ER engine, and the LR engine. The ER engine in Aether is like a completely separate product almost. It has NOTHING at all to do with B2 (or Breeze or the LR engine in Aether). It is more like a physically modeled, ray-traced, acoustic space modeler. It is based on real physical geometry and construction materials, and absorption coeffs, and surface diffusion, dispersion, etc. etc. I.e. is it modeled after physical space to be realistic. Of course sizes can be huge which pushes things deep into FX territory, but it is still based on a physical design.

The Aether LR engine offers some things B2 does not also:

1) Attack/Sustain/Spread: Aether can achieve longer perfectly smooth attack envelops compared to B2 (unless B2 is using full Cascade config, in which case you would loose the ERs)

2) Aether has parametric EQ and Damping, which allows you to sculpt exact decay profiles very specifically.

3) Aether has Mid-Side modes

4) Aether has different spatialization behavior

5) Aether has different modulation type/character

Last but not least, design philosophy is different between B2 and Aether: Aether is designed to appeal to everyone, and IMHO is designed to be easy to use without much knowledge or time with the manual. It allows you to think in common physical terms and use macros etc.

B2 is "closer to math". It is less abstracted. It is a more selfish design in that it is the type of design that I am personally excited about using and exploring and asking "what if...?" in. It functions as a test-bed to explore new alg and component ideas in. It is modular for this purpose. We don't care as much about taking risks in B2 b.c if we add something that is too CPU intensive for most people, or opaque in terms of its functionality without me giving deep tech descriptions that we might prefer to keep private... ....if we add anything like this, it will almost certainly be a modular option. If it is too much for a user's CPU resources, or technical level, it does not have any negative effect on the rest of the design, as it can simply be turned off. Thus it is a platform for nerds like Denis and I to explore our wildest fantasies about spatial processing and give access to the bleeding edge to whomever wants it, while at the same time still having a very stable and solid production tool that can be used in the real world when facing real deadlines.

IMHO, all of our reverb clients should eventually be Perfect Storm customers. Maybe not on day one exactly--start wherever you like--but eventually I think it is desirable to have them all. All of the products offer their own unique spin on things and they are all useful for different reasons... Often at the same time, in the same session.

Cross-grades to add a single product if you have at least one product always receive a $50 discount off the current price. So right now Adding Aether or B2 costs only $150 if you have Aether/B2/Breeze b/c of the holiday promo...

There are also upgrade paths to the full Perfect Storm 2.5 bundle.

Advantages of B2 are:

1) It can be configured in > 65 Billion different ways

2) CPU usage can be a lot less, or a lot more. It is completely variable.

3) It has tons of filter options that Aether does not have which are intersting for FX, as well as ultra-realism using the new "Air Filters".

4) It has more advanced spatialization--this is likely why scoring people love it--the sense of depth can be stunning...

6) It has dynamics.

7) It has Attitude/distortion/loFi

Let me just say B2 on any acoustic instrument with a little bit of tweaking is unbelievable.

Thanks.

Struggling getting good sounds out of it with Synths. Any recommended presets or parts of the signal flow to pay attention to? What presets were used on the B2 Diva sound demos?

Really? I don't remember specific presets at this point. "Synth" is a pretty broad category. What kind of synth? Pad, lead, bass, etc? Try the Thematic, Sci-Fi, Mystical etc folders for more extreme stuff. Also the B2 preset expansions offer > 800 additional presets.

Also in B2 is there any to work with the Mid and Side signals individually?

Not really. There is a trick to get some MS manipulation:

1) Turn off the Reverb part of one of the A or B engines, by clicking the "dot" on the right of the TIME label.

2) Cross now will cross-mix the input channels.

__________ At cross = 100%, this will collapse to mono/mid.

3) If you engade the "Width special feature button" (the dot next to the Width Label) this will flip the phase of the output of one of the channels, so:

__________ At cross = 100%, this will now collapse to anti-phase/side.

Balance and Cascade should be be at 100%, as this make it a serial path through both engines.

If you do this in the A engine, you are processing the input.

If you do this in the B engine, you are processing the output/wet signal.

Doing this in the B engine as described can force correlation of the output to be negative.... some people of the "classic device" persuasion (who find themselves listed in the phone-book somewhere between Kerry and McCain), call this "super stereo" in the ultra-wide case.

So, it is possible, but only in the MS widening/narrowing capacity and only if you effectively sacrifice the reverb functionality of one of the engines.

EDIT: As a developer who works on HR systems in Java. Working with bugs and system constraints is a huge PITA and takes up most of my time.

Ya... exactly...

Thanks so much for making rock solid products with expansive and creative features.

Thank you for your interest and positive comments...

Wow thanks for all of the info Andrew. Will be trying out that technique on B2 this evening. Yeah the geekery and possibilities of B2 is what appeals to me. There so many happy accidents that happen bc of the modular architecture.

I am trying basic synth patches. Long legato leads, synth stabs, and some simple analog type pads. Thus far B2 can certainly put these sounds in a better space and add some colour and tone. With the synths, I am looking to add some lush space often found in trance. The DIVA sound examples for B2 are all excellent. (DIVA Divinity, Flex Butter, B2 Synth DIVA, etc...)

B2 GUI problem.

This is strange. Don't know how to proceed.
Updated a while back. I think I checked it, was alright then.
B2 now is a huge full entire monitor sized GUI. Takes a while to load, kind of greyed out threatening to crash look for a second.
It has authorized to me ok.
Windows 7 64 bit latest version Reaper.
No other problems.

Anybody else had anything like this ??

fateamenabletochange wrote:B2 GUI problem.

This is strange. Don't know how to proceed.
Updated a while back. I think I checked it, was alright then.
B2 now is a huge full entire monitor sized GUI. Takes a while to load, kind of greyed out threatening to crash look for a second.
It has authorized to me ok.
Windows 7 64 bit latest version Reaper.
No other problems.

Anybody else had anything like this ??

That's not a bug. That's a feature!

Behold the wonder, majesty, and awe of the full screen experience!

http://www.2caudio.com/sitecontent/prod ... ine_HD.png
:D :D :D

One day you all will believe me: this is the way software should be done... when GUIs are full screen and the size of real physical objects, on the human scale, this is about exactly when people will stop talking about the glory of hardware. Listen to me now and believe me later. 8)

Until then, you infidels of dissenting opinion can use the normal size GUI option. :)

Simply change the skin option to "Konstrast" instead of "Kontrast HD" on the info page and reload the plug. Et voila...

4K is coming... 4K is coming... 4K is coming... 4K is coming... shout it from the hill tops...

(coffee makes me crazy... sorry... :oops: )

Please have 3D buttons and sliders as well. I'll wear 3D goggles if I have to.

Nightpolymath wrote:Please have 3D buttons and sliders as well. I'll wear 3D goggles if I have to.
3D would be rad...

not really a fan of goggles though... too clunky, too clumsy, too dehumanizing, too not cool...

holograms, ideal... "help us OB1, you're our only hope..." maybe she meant "B2"? :)

technology should eventually disappear and seem organic. controllable intelligence built into the very fabric of objects... it should be almost a spiritual experience... this is the future...

end of prophecy... :D

:oops: :oops: :oops: ok then

was too big to navigate

I like my GUI's small, small so I can stamp on them if they get uppity... :D

and thanks for getting back, have a good one there

Hmm.
I would like when open B2 to renders around me holographic projection of the exact space that I use, to have more realistic space and visually, if it is not hard to do anyway.

Actually you just need to put in B2 satellite link to engage BlueBeamProject satellites to connect with GPS position of the user's IP address to create instant Hologram around the user. Very easy actually.. :D
If you have some friends in NASA too...
And can it be for the next update please :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DgdtwV-Y_eI

xtrax wrote:Hmm.
I would like when open B2 to renders around me holographic projection of the exact space that I use, to have more realistic space and visually, if it is not hard to do anyway.

Actually you just need to put in B2 satellite link to engage BlueBeamProject satellites to connect with GPS position of the user's IP address to create instant Hologram around the user. Very easy actually.. :D
If you have some friends in NASA too...
And can it be for the next update please :hihi: :hihi: :hihi: :hihi:

I think we might have to raise the price some... :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PkFyGNjaQ8k

In case anyone needs some more B2 presets: I just updated the B2 presets on the patchpool FX Mix-page, there are now 91 presets for B2 contained in the download folder. You can grab them on this page.

Granular glass sounds processed with B2 - one instance of HALion 5 meets one instance of B2, inserted directly on the track:

http://soundcloud.com/sampleconstruct/g ... in-b2-demo

Very Nice Simon!

Thanks for the new presets also! Cool stuff. Should we add them to the factory sounds with your info on them?

Galbanum wrote:Very Nice Simon!

Thanks for the new presets also! Cool stuff. Should we add them to the factory sounds with your info on them?
Thank you, Andrew - yes, you can add them to the collection if you like :)

Return to “Effects”