Ever have trouble finding a new toy?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I know it's a horrible problem to have, but I've been looking all over for my next must-have effect or vsti and I can't find anything (that I can afford) that interests me.

Would love to play around with speakerphone 2, but $450+ and an iLok required? I'm conflicted about the current deal for the Arturia V bundle for $199. Lotta stuff for the money, but the GUI's aren't for the reading glasses crowd (me). Likewise, the reviews in the forums are polarized. Not sure what to think.... A PSP Audioware delay or two would be nice, like the 85 or the 608. Not sure I want to cough up that much scratch for two delays. Hmmmmm.
In rotation here: Hammock- Stranded Under Endless Sky

Arturia bundle and a larger monitor...
I'm tired of being insane. I'm going outsane for some fresh air.

Try uhbik from u-he.
I think there's roughly ten fx in that collection.

regardless of the myriad toys I buy virtual or physical I find the pecker in my pants is the most neglected yet somehow has great potential...what's 1 to do?... :help: :shrug: :P
f**k original intent...look at OP's screen name! :P
sorry...couldn't help mice elf... :shrug:

Werp-

I spent some time demoing the Uhbiks last night. As is everything from U-he, they are quality plugs imho. They are too bread and butter for me right now though. If I didn't have pretty good stuff to do those effects, I'd be all over it. I've just about decided to go with the Arturia bundle, questionable support be damned. I rarely ever use support anyway. What the heck, $200 for ten instruments and thousands of presets to be inspired by. The analog studio part looks like a good way to bypass the individual GUIs and have the best patches all together in one patch browser. If only they went one step further down the drum machine chain to the TR 505. Then I could recreate that special crap sound I used with my old Fostex X-15. :roll:

Really? I haven't made 5 posts yet? Bet this one does the trick....

I've never needed arturia support. And I haven't had an issue with the GUI sizes.
I do use a full HD 32 inch monitor though.
Have fun with it.
:)

I've got 27"s so I should be fine. It would be nice to get some good Vangelis CS80 tone coming out of my monitors. I'm just about off the fence and ready to pull the trigger.

I know someone who is going to be all over this thread.

Try this toy for your next song:

How to use it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vyIAfEqA220

Problem Solved! I just installed the Arturia bundle and all is well. I think I'm going to like it. I know the sounds are plenty good enough for me as far as sounding like the originals. I wouldn't know the difference and I'm glad. Everything works as expected in Cubase so far. :tu:

Tricky- That Whigfield chick is hot. You'll probably tell me it's a man now I suppose.

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”