Caustic 3 now out for Android and iOS!

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
RELATED
PRODUCTS

marlow wrote:Honestly, the only machine missing is a granular one IMO.
Now when everything is set up if I understand it correctly his next step is to implement more synthesizers / sound generators as you can not max out Caustic more than with the maximum of fourteen sound generators anyway so the overall cost on the CPU stay more or less the same... So just wait and do not be surprised if there is a granular machine there one of these days...
Every man and every woman is a star.

http://www.musicalandroid.com/

SingleCell wrote:Well, good news guys and gals. I managed to get all those .instr file you sent me loading so I'll put that into the next update (I will probably put out a 3.0.1 with this and other small bugs)

One thing to note is because the PCMSynth stores its samples as mono internally, some of the stereo .instr samples will not sounds exactly the same... but at least they load now and one day I will add stereo sample support.
Great news!

Congrats with Caustic for iOS

--I bought this yesterday for my iPad 2 w/32 gigs to be played by my Akai Synthstation 49 and think it's going to be very very good but...I'm having a very bad problem with the keys sticking with this app. I use Cubasis, and well just about all of the others ( my wife hates my credit card bill!!) but for some strange reason this app makes my keys or the notes anyway hang so I am having trouble using it.
Any suggestions?

Hi again SingleCell
After playing around with the iOS version it has become clear to me that this is going to be one of my most used GoTo apps.
However that also means I already have a few suggestions to your ToDo list beside the fixing of the inst. files. Hope you will consider adding these in the future:

- General pastboard transfer https://code.google.com/p/intua-audio-s ... atibleApps or sonoma audio copy and paste

https://code.google.com/p/intua-audio-s ... atibleApps so we can transfer samples from others apps to and from Caustic

- Preview of samples when these are opened from the PCM synth

and of course

- Interapp audio and/or

- audiobus support

Add these and the app is perfect to me :)

Cheers

is there any chance at all of this being released for ios 5.1 (ipad 1)
yeah i know its old but it still runs nearly everything else okay.. :)

gamecat666 wrote:skinnable! :party:

quick test:

:hyper: :wheee:

how u do dat!?!?!?! :shock: :D

(seriously, I know nothing about iOS apps - yet. too much time spent old-skool C++/stl)

Oh, and SingleCell - THANKYOU!!!!!! Had this on android and missed it on my iPhone; now have an iPad and can't believe how much it's come along, as well as how well it stacks up against the "biggies". Absolutely Great work! :tu:

And the Qunexus is USB plug and play for Caustic on my TF101 tablet. Great work and thank you for making this a free upgrade!

Still enjoying this great app. However, when loading samples to the units, Caustic sometimes doesn't recognize samples that start with a small letter, e.g. "iBassDrum". However I have so many of these that renaming them would take forever. Hope this can be fixed.

IncarnateX wrote:Still enjoying this great app. However, when loading samples to the units, Caustic sometimes doesn't recognize samples that start with a small letter, e.g. "iBassDrum". However I have so many of these that renaming them would take forever. Hope this can be fixed.
Oooh, ok thanks I'll have a look

Wow :)
Great app!
I'm playing this on the iPhone4S.
I love the Modular synth.

Do we need a specific version of android to run caustic 3

bill45 wrote:Do we need a specific version of android to run caustic 3
Android-Specific:

Minimum device specs are:
* 1GHz ARMv7 processor
* 800 x 480 resolution screen
* Headphones or external speakers
You can try it for free as far as I know. Just download Caustic. It is a Demo with restrictions. You can unlock the rest of the features buy buying "Caustic Unlock Key" (sold separate).

Cheers

Any estimates about the release data of next update and what to expect for iOS?
I read something about audiobus on Palmsounds.

This is such an usable app. The Modular is übercool and I really like the stereo wideners pr. mixer channel. Makes a lot of difference when polishing the mix.
Automation works splendid too.

I look forward to be able to transfer the inst.-files from FLStudio Mobile and Music Studio to Caustic when this is fixed.

However, I need ways to get sounds into the samplers from other devices without PC, though. Audiobus and/or Copy and Paste would do it. Hope to see it soon.

Cheers

---A while back I posted a problem I was having with Caustic and still haven't gotten an answer so I'm still not using Caustic. If it's my controller (the Akai Synthstation 49 then this is one of a very few apps that it doesn't want to play and it's sad. :(

Scott Murrell wrote:---A while back I posted a problem I was having with Caustic and still haven't gotten an answer so I'm still not using Caustic. If it's my controller (the Akai Synthstation 49 then this is one of a very few apps that it doesn't want to play and it's sad. :(
is this issue on iOS ? Rej found a bug in its MIDI handling which will be fixed in 3.0.1 ( stuck notes ).
how did you contact them? they responded rather soonish to my enquiries. but i don't receive notifications from their forum for instance ( for what ever reason )...

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”