Phoenix and the others./ Search for the most Natural reverb

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Effects Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I would buy Phoenix in a heartbeat if it wasn't iLoked. :(

I'm not anti-dongle... but unfortunately I do a lot of live gigging with a laptop, which makes this unfeasible.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Ben H wrote:I would buy Phoenix in a heartbeat if it wasn't iLoked. :(

I'm not anti-dongle... but unfortunately I do a lot of live gigging with a laptop, which makes this unfeasible.
If you like Phoenixverb, you probably like the upcoming Acon Digital Verberate plugin that is going to be released pretty soon.

I can't think of a more clean/natural sounding reverb than these two mentioned. And for the iLok haters, it's a good thing Acon Digital doesn't use iLok protection.
Untold Stories Vol.1 - 64 Arturia MiniFreak presets
Analog History - 84 Behringer DeepMind 6/12/12D presets
Earth & Stars - 139 Free Patches for SuperMassive
Website

solidtrax wrote:If you like Phoenixverb, you probably like the upcoming Acon Digital Verberate plugin that is going to be released pretty soon.

I can't think of a more clean/natural sounding reverb than these two mentioned. And for the iLok haters, it's a good thing Acon Digital doesn't use iLok protection.
Thanks, I will take a look.

Like I said, I don't hate iLok... it's just impractical in a live-use situation.
Last edited by Ben H on Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:57 am, edited 2 times in total.
My main tools: Kontakt, Omnisphere, Samplemodeling + Audio Modeling. Akai VIP = godsend. Tari's libraries also rock.

Hello. Didn't quite know where to put this, but this thread's as good as any. I put together a little tutorial on PhoenixVerb, and it's at this link: http://youtu.be/wM1GAgl60xU. Those of you who have some mileage probably won't need it, but perhaps it will be helpful to those who are just starting out.

Best to all,
Michael

solidtrax wrote:
Ben H wrote:I would buy Phoenix in a heartbeat if it wasn't iLoked. :(

If you like Phoenixverb, you probably like the upcoming Acon Digital Verberate plugin that is going to be released pretty soon.

I can't hear any similarity between those two. They are totally different reverbs. Both good in their own right though of course. The Acon is pretty much unlike anything else i heard so far to be honest, it's it's own thing, and i suspect will be either a love or hate situation as more users start to comment.

Recently there was an exponential sale that made the verbs pretty much must haves.. i had to pass as i am soaked in verb (pun totally intended) but for those NOT already ultra wet, i can only recommend them.. Well even to those who are.. ! They are very high quality products :) I actually can't imagine anyone buying them and being disappointed.. it's like they are simply not bad in any way. I am not saying the acon is, but it's different, and CAN sound bad. Exponential can't. :shrug:

TheoM wrote:
solidtrax wrote:
Ben H wrote:Recently there was an exponential sale ...
There's one right now. Just sayin...

Oh cool. :) Didn't know it was still going :)

Michael Carnes wrote:

how long is this one lasting?
as much as i'd love to get the stereobundle (i.e. R2), my actual budget is overstretched...

Arrested Developer wrote: as much as i'd love to get the stereobundle (i.e. R2), my actual budget is overstretched...
Dec 21. Should be plenty of time to plan and evaluate.

Ben H wrote:
solidtrax wrote:If you like Phoenixverb, you probably like the upcoming Acon Digital Verberate plugin that is going to be released pretty soon.

Thanks, I will take a look.

Like I said, I don't hate iLok... It's just unpractical in a live-use situation.
I've had a long listen to the audio examples now, but have not actually tried the demo yet.

It sounds pretty good, but not like Phoenixverb.

3 excellent inobtrusive, natural reverbs:

1. PhoenixVerb (Exponential Audio) as mentioned several times. Sweet, without being lush or heavy handed. So nice. Probably sounds amazing on simply everything. Plus the developer hangs out here and is available.

2. IrCam Verb Session (partnership with Flux). Possibly more "realistic" in some scenarios. Love it on solo strings, for example. Perhaps better at simulating real spaces. Great for orchestral purposes. Not as flexible perhaps as PV. Nice UI.

3. UAD OceanWayStudio. Wow. For a pair of "real" rooms. Can achieve some phenomenal results. Also miking options, and can blend mic distances. Really need to spend some time with before forming an opinion. Unique approach to what it does, and currently peerless at it.

Michael Carnes wrote:
Ben H wrote:Recently there was an exponential sale ...
The sale is on until 12:00 AM GMT on December 21, 2013
Glad I saw this sale on Phoenix Verb. I have a respectible collection of reverbs (including Lexicon PCM), but the demo of Phoenix has a pristine clarity that's a cut above when it comes to transparency.

GUI is simple, wish preset management recall could be easier to scroll, but the sound is pure and clean JOY. Lots of great presets and easy to tweak. I suspect I'll be dialing in the smaller rooms for ambience quite often on this one. Fantastic on Acoustic Guitar and other acoustic instrument / orchestral samples.

Some wish for a white Christmas, I got a wet one in Phoenix. :hihi:

Hi Michael,

Now that it's possible to authorize licenses to your computer or iLok with Pace's new Eden system, will you be considering offering the option to authorize via computer as well as iLok?

Regards.

Kevin63101 wrote:GUI is simple, wish preset management recall could be easier to scroll
Hi Kevin,
You should find that the arrow keys on your keyboard will help you with quick preview. Up/Down drive you through the keyword list and Left/Right drive through the presets in that keyword. Some DAWs don't pass the arrow keys directly, so you might find you need to user a modifier key like alt, command, or control. I'll happily take anything with an arrow in it. Just make sure the plugin window has focus.

Best,
Michael

Ben H wrote:Now that it's possible to authorize licenses to your computer or iLok with Pace's new Eden system, will you be considering offering the option to authorize via computer as well as iLok?
Hi Ben,
This is a new capability from PACE. I'm not planning on supporting it any time soon, but I will re-evaluate after it's been out there a while.

Return to “Effects”