What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

OS:
Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Why do producers still use hardware ?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

User avatar
addled muppet weed
 
33879 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass
 

Postby vurt; Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:13 am

trimph1 wrote:I just call myself a hobbyist. :shrug:


we call you a hobbit.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
3115 posts since 13 Jul, 2003, from outer rim
 

Postby fateamenabletochange; Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:54 am

lots of hobbits here on the outer rim...you'd fit right in :D
KVRAF
 
4758 posts since 10 Aug, 2004, from Colorado Springs
 

Postby rockstar_not; Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:06 am

SODDI wrote:
robojam wrote:I'm sure it won't be long now before those who have completed a first aid course will be calling themselves 'doctors'.

:hihi:


It's already happened. A lot of Protestant seminary graduates, particularly Evangelicals, in the U.S. are awarded a "doctor's" degree, even though the closest they'll get to being a real doctor is when they're surgically excising money from some gullible fool's wallet.

That's DOCTOR Pat Robertson to you.


There are Doctors of Philosophy (PhD) as well as other Doctor degrees in many fields of study, not just theology.

Case and Point:

Many engineering schools offer a Doctor of Philosphy in Engineering as well as a Doctor of Engineering degree.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctorate

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Doctor_of_Engineering

So, why this was brought up regarding evangelical protestant seminary graduates, who likely attain doctor of divinity or doctor of theology degrees, I don't know.

Plenty of legitimate doctorates out there that have nothing to do with medicine.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
3115 posts since 13 Jul, 2003, from outer rim
 

Postby fateamenabletochange; Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:39 am

In fact a medical degree is a technical training rather than an education, and as far as doctorates go is fairly 'soft'.
User avatar
KVRAF
 
18478 posts since 26 Jul, 2005, from Inside Schroedinger's Cat...or am I...

Postby robojam; Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:54 am

rockstar_not wrote:So, why this was brought up regarding evangelical protestant seminary graduates, who likely attain doctor of divinity or doctor of theology degrees, I don't know.

Because so many religious 'doctorates' are given away gratis rather than with the expectation of the large amount of study involved with medical or engineering doctorates.
KVRian
 
1039 posts since 1 Jan, 2004, from England

Postby danbroad; Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:01 pm

fateamenabletochange wrote:In fact a medical degree is a technical training rather than an education, and as far as doctorates go is fairly 'soft'.


....speak for yourself. My medical degree was a pretty hard won affair. :D
11, 418th in line to the KVR throne
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2314 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Fri Dec 20, 2013 12:30 pm

Maybe because clicking a mouse button doesn't make you feel like being a real musician :)
KVRAF
 
2911 posts since 18 Oct, 2004
 

Postby Arglebargle; Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:08 pm

fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe because clicking a mouse button doesn't make you feel like being a real musician :)


That's where you're wrong, I do my mouse clicking in phat rhythmic patterns.
KVRian
 
1295 posts since 27 Nov, 2008, from uk
   

Postby faun2500; Fri Dec 20, 2013 2:11 pm

Arglebargle wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe because clicking a mouse button doesn't make you feel like being a real musician :)


That's where you're wrong, I do my mouse clicking in phat rhythmic patterns.


I do mine smooth and transparently.
User avatar
KVRian
 
635 posts since 6 Jul, 2008, from Lost in the wilderness
 

Postby Axis1~SL61; Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:11 pm

the vintage hardware ultra-purist (or what we'd be doing without modern sequencers):
:-)
a VERY Unusual instrument!
Image
User avatar
KVRAF
 
2314 posts since 5 Jun, 2012

Postby fluffy_little_something; Sun Dec 22, 2013 9:59 am

Arglebargle wrote:
fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe because clicking a mouse button doesn't make you feel like being a real musician :)


That's where you're wrong, I do my mouse clicking in phat rhythmic patterns.


Hehe :)

There is something direct about hardware, humans like to touch stuff.
There is also something solid about hardware, but that may only be perception, hardware can break, software has other issues...
KVRian
 
1295 posts since 27 Nov, 2008, from uk
   

Postby faun2500; Sun Dec 22, 2013 10:01 am

Axis1~SL61 wrote:the vintage hardware ultra-purist (or what we'd be doing without modern sequencers):
:-)
a VERY Unusual instrument!


see, hardware wins again!
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)