What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Promotion Ended

Official support for: camelaudio.com

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

Pick Me Pick me!

7539 posts since 11 Mar, 2002, from in a state of confusion

Postby VitaminD; Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:17 pm

lionscub68 wrote:
VitaminD wrote:Is there any way you guys can include the Paypal fees in the final price? .. the final price on the order slip is different from one I'm seeing on my actual account statement.

Chances are you're seeing a currency exchange fee?

Perhaps. It is only off by a couple of dollars.. still a bit annoying since the numbers don't match.
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
KVRian

1139 posts since 29 May, 2002, from Scotland

Postby biomechanoid; Fri Dec 13, 2013 6:50 pm

Currency conversion rates and paypal fee's are something we have no control over, sorry.

http://www.camelaudio.com/faqs/The_Shop ... use_PayPal
http://www.camelaudio.com/faqs/The_Shop ... ncy_to_GBP
[ Camel Audio Alchemy ] [ ucn netlabel ]
"Its my firm belief that its a mistake to hold firm beliefs"
Pick Me Pick me!

Postby VitaminD; Fri Dec 13, 2013 7:17 pm

Who is suggesting you control paypal fees and/or conversion rate fees, biomechanoid?

I'm suggesting an estimate is added to the final result or, at least, perhaps mention 'total does not include any potential paypal fees and currency conversion rate fees' to the final order window and subsequent receipt/invoice -- Unless I missed it, possible, it makes no mention of it on there. It appears to only be mentioned after the deal is done and the money is pulled (on the paypal final invoice).

Even the link about currency conversion makes no mention about potential fees to actually perform the conversion.

Besides, that info shouldn't be tucked away in the FAQ, but on the actual order submission before the order transaction. Even if you can't actually estimate the total (which does seem like it would be a lot of work), you can at least add a blurb in tiny text. :)
"Use the talents you possess, for the woods would be very silent if no birds sang except the best." - Henry Van Dyke
KVRist

261 posts since 27 Nov, 2011, from Hollywood, CA

Postby optofonik; Fri Dec 13, 2013 9:48 pm

I've been waiting what seems like forever for a sale on Alchemy. Took me forever to decide on a free library also. To complicate matters I decided to pull the trigger on an additional library. Couldn't make a decision until...

... listening to the different libraries' audio demos, one after the other, I thought it would be interesting to play the audio demos from several libraries simultaneously and in various permutations, listening for how well they complimented or contrasted each other. Interesting, indeed.

Downloading my stuff now. I'm quite excited.

As an aside, reading this thread and seeing the attentive, helpful, replies from Andy to various questions and comments I can't help but be impressed. A company that offers (and follows through on that offer) to help troubleshoot over the weekend? I wish I could have gotten Steinberg to help me get Cubase 6.0.4 squared away over 18 months (I'll leave it at that). I'm very happy to know my money is going to a company where it is well deserved.
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913
KVRist

214 posts since 15 Dec, 2011

Postby e@rs; Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:25 am

What libraries you got?
KVRist

155 posts since 25 Jun, 2009, from Edinburgh

Postby Martin [Camel Web Guy]; Sat Dec 14, 2013 1:58 am

VitaminD wrote:Is there any way you guys can include the Paypal fees in the final price? .. the final price on the order slip is different from one I'm seeing on my actual account statement.

Hi - unfortunately Paypal and credit card companies use exchange rates that differ from the actual exchange rate which is what has caused the issue here. The next version of our web site is going to take payments in dollars and euros without first converting to GBP which will resolve this issue. In the meantime I suggest you send an email to support about this.
KVRist

261 posts since 27 Nov, 2011, from Hollywood, CA

Postby optofonik; Sat Dec 14, 2013 3:03 am

e@rs wrote:What libraries you got?

Guitar Mutations

Dark Space

Light Space

Seriously, open three tabs in your browser with three different sound library pages then play the audio demos on all three pages simultaneously, switching between pad, soundscape, etc., for each one. It will give you an idea of how well they play together.

Alchemy plus three extra libraries which add about four extra GB of samples with 300 sounds (2400 variations) for $179.00. I'm happy.

I dig how the installer works with the additional libraries; automatically detects them and installs as part of the main Alchemy program as if it was just one unified product. Nicely done.
"Let us wander through a great modern city with our ears more alert than our eyes..." Luigi Russolo, 1913
Pick Me Pick me!

Postby VitaminD; Sat Dec 14, 2013 7:44 am

Martin [Camel Web Guy] wrote:

Hi - unfortunately Paypal and credit card companies use exchange rates that differ from the actual exchange rate which is what has caused the issue here. The next version of our web site is going to take payments in dollars and euros without first converting to GBP which will resolve this issue. In the meantime I suggest you send an email to support about this.

Thank you! That is very welcome news. No need to send an email to support as it looks you are already in the process of resolving (for the future). :)
KVRAF

1560 posts since 24 Feb, 2004

Postby re_mute; Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:01 am

D Midas wrote:Great price! Any chance alchemy will ever go aax for protools?

Did this get a reply? ANy update on AAX?
"What embecile composed this list :/"
KVRAF

9623 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Mon Dec 16, 2013 10:08 am

AAX is planned for Alchemy 2.0, but we can't make any promises until it's released.
KVRer

28 posts since 4 Jun, 2013

Postby Oliver [Camel Audio]; Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:38 am

Just a reminder that there's less than two weeks left to pick up Alchemy at 50% off.
KVRist

138 posts since 3 Mar, 2006

Postby theoryzero; Thu Dec 19, 2013 10:21 pm

theoryzero wrote:Is the mobile pro version included in the sale? Not sure if the $14.99 is the normal price or sale price.

Argh, after hearing crickets in regards to my question I decided to do the pro upgrade a few days ago. NOW, it goes on sale for half off.
KVRAF

9623 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Thu Dec 19, 2013 11:07 pm

Oops - sorry about that! We genuinely didn't know that the Pro Upgrade was going to be on sale until yesterday.
KVRer

1 post since 22 Dec, 2013

Postby slarmer; Sun Dec 22, 2013 1:25 pm

Is there any timeline for the Alchemy 2.0 release? Is disk streaming in the works?
Previous

Moderators: ZenPunkHippy, ugo, biomechanoid, Ben [Camel Audio]

Return to Camel Audio