VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Redux

As a sampler addicted :love: I'd like to know your thoughts about it! :hyper:
thanx!
:tu:

Is it a sampler or a tracker plugin? Or both?

I still don't know what it really is but the GUI looks pretty good.

Is it worth to learn it even if I don't have much experience with trackers? :?:

the innovation is that it will be sold as a vsti so you can use it in your favourite daw!

Tricky-Loops wrote:Is it a sampler or a tracker plugin? Or both?

Well, it's the bits of a tracker that are used to handle samples. It is, for some things, one of the most intuitive ways to manipulate samples. The drill and bass genre (Venetian Snares etc) was more or less built on trackers.

Gamma-UT wrote:
Tricky-Loops wrote:Is it a sampler or a tracker plugin? Or both?

Well, it's the bits of a tracker that are used to handle samples. It is, for some things, one of the most intuitive ways to manipulate samples. The drill and bass genre (Venetian Snares etc) was more or less built on trackers.
very interesting!
any other comment?

From what I've read about it so far, Redux is basically a renoise instrument in plugin format. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a "tracker in a plugin" like ReViSiT (which is Windows only).

Any screenshot? I'm curious to know what it looks like.

bunnywrench wrote:From what I've read about it so far, Redux is basically a renoise instrument in plugin format. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be a "tracker in a plugin" like ReViSiT (which is Windows only).
From here: http://forum.renoise.com/index.php?/top ... ing-redux/

"Redux will be an instrument plugin (VST on Windows, OSX and Linux - Audio Unit on OSX - all in 32 and 64 bit flavors), which brings the sample-mangling and pattern hacking capabilities of Renoise to any DAW which is capable of hosting VST or AU plugins. Redux is NOT intended to be Renoise as a plugin – we have ReWire for that – but it has been developed based on Renoises's new sampler and phrases to be an instrument. Redux has its own identity, and is more like Renoise's little brother.

This means that, without resorting to tricks like Rewire, the sample-mangling capabilities of Renoise will soon be available to any DAW, too. We hope this is useful for everyone to try out the Renoise tracking workflow without leaving your favorite DAW, or for Renoise users to bring your Renoise way of composing into other DAWs. Any instruments created in Renoise will be fully compatible with Redux, and vice versa."

Which means that phrases (the Excel spreadsheet, otherwise known as a sequencer) will be there. So, it's going to be a pattern-based sampler instrument, i.e. "a tracker in a plugin".
Last edited by toothnclaw on Thu Jun 26, 2014 5:33 pm, edited 4 times in total.

sorry, doublepost

As mentioned above, try Revisit, it also has sub patterns to take your drill and bass to extremes

Hi-definition & Hi-resolution timing and editing reViSiT Pro opens up the space between the rows in the pattern, previously only accessible through effects commands. With the subrow editing features, you can edit your music at up to 32x the resolution, as naturally as you would a normal pattern. A rows-per-beat option is also available for changing the global resolution of patterns, when synchronised with the host.
Amazon: why not use an alternative

I certainly hope they plan on improving the instrument filters and effects for Redux, they sound beyond terrible in Renoise.

Redux will have tracker patterns! They are called phrases and they are tied to the instrument but you can save them and open them in different one (with R3, dunno if it will be possible with redux).
So it will be sampler with very nice and flexible fx chains, unique envelope possibilities etc.

Killer for a drums!

Blackflag: Yeah, filters are the worst part of renoise. On the other hand, we have great free vsts and developers can concentrate on other things. Even if i dream about great freeware developers who joins the renoise team :-)

A vst plugin filter can't replace the polyphonic Renoise instrument filters, so they really need to be updated if they actually expect people to buy Redux.

almost, but not quite!

Really looking forward to Redux:D Will be awesome to be able to quickly open Renoise instruments in other apps without having to rewire :phones:

Return to “Instruments”