Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe Layzer can design a GUI for it :hihi:
Actually, I'd love that layzer and the other guy post again their GUI proposals, since we lost the other thread, and therefore, don't have them anymore to look at. And there were some comments abou labeling that I think were important, and are now also lost.
Fernando (FMR)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Maybe Layzer can design a GUI for it :hihi:
Apparently they're chasing down other bugs and this is the default look. I personally liked the old white letters on a blue background myself. It was easier on my eyes.

OK well, in the meantime, Layzer: the only thing about the last GUI version that bothers me is the control section. This is what I propose:

The "vibrato" is not a Bend function: it's assigned to a different controller.

And @2Dat: have you considered what I mentioned about disabling vibrato by setting the control to "0", and about modulation polarity-reverse and scaling at least for the MW?

And as far as a new thread is concerned I think we should let 2Dat start it so he can update the title and the opening post as required for new builds and revisions...

Breeze wrote:And as far as a new thread is concerned I think we should let 2Dat start it so he can update the title and the opening post as required for new builds and revisions...
My thought also :)
Fernando (FMR)

I think this is the last one Layzer posted (according to my browser history):

Breeze wrote: And @2Dat: have you considered what I mentioned about disabling vibrato by setting the control to "0", and about modulation polarity-reverse and scaling at least for the MW?
Disabling vibrato when rate knob is on 0 can be done, but scaling for MW is too much. Its designed as a simple synth, easy to create 70-80s sounds. Thinking about flexibility there are much more versatile synths : diva, sylenth, spire, synth1. This synth has different purpose - relativly simple , not overloaded interface with instant access to all controls - but still with obie twist :) .

http://s22.postimg.org/huv7e2d4h/OBXD.png

i like breeze's knob order, but not splitting the title up so much though.
so back to controller title and more descriptive lables. a plus is that it takes up some empty section space with 2 label rows :D .

2DAT, i just have to make the legato and voices lcd animation strips and i will pm u a zip link :)
Last edited by layzer on Thu Jan 09, 2014 6:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Breeze wrote:I think this is the last one Layzer posted (according to my browser history):

:clap: :o

SOLD!!! :hihi:

@Layzer: (Although I would chose "VEL" over "VELO"... just had to...)

@2Dat: I'm fine with at least the "Vibrato off at 0"; that way at least I can assign the MW to other interesting stuff! ;) Thanks!

Breeze wrote:@Layzer: (Although I would chose "VEL" over "VELO"... just had to...)
agree, done! (refresh the image) :D

afk.....on to happy lcd frame making :wheee:
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Is it really a big problem to turn the "12" button to a knob for pitch bend range? :(

I must say that I am very happy with the GUI, Layzer. Just one remark: I would change the Multi label to LP on left and HP on right instead (just for the sake of clarity, and following what is in the SEM). Apart from that, everything now looks great.
Fernando (FMR)

And when you turn on BandPass filter what would LP and HP stand for then? ;) I was thinking LO and HI instead but then I decided not to push it. It looks nice and neat enough now.
Last edited by DuX on Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

DuX wrote:And when you turn on BandPass filter what would LP and HP stand for then? ;) I was thinking LO and HI.. but then decided not to push it...
It works like this (as I figure) - when you go from LP to HP, at midpoint you get a notch filter. With BP button enabled, you get a bandpass instead of the notch.

EvilDragon wrote:
DuX wrote:And when you turn on BandPass filter what would LP and HP stand for then? ;) I was thinking LO and HI.. but then decided not to push it...
It works like this (as I figure) - when you go from LP to HP, at midpoint you get a notch filter. With BP button enabled, you get a bandpass instead of the notch.
That's right. :D And when BP is engaged left is low and right is high frequency. fuc* it's hard to type and eat at the same time. :)
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

Return to “Instruments”