channel strip (instrument) like in Logic (vst/au)?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

A vst/au plugin that can host AU/vst instrument + AU/vst effects (a la Logic), so that I can create exportable patches in different daws. Does it exist?

mhog wrote:A vst/au plugin that can host AU/vst instrument + AU/vst effects (a la Logic), so that I can create exportable patches in different daws. Does it exist?
DDMF Metaplugin or Blue Cat Patchwork.

I just got Patchwork a couple days ago, and am really liking it. One more option: Plogue Bidule.
Seasoned IT vet, Mac user, and lover of music. Always learning.

here's one free

http://www.kvraudio.com/product/multifxvst-by-ctaf

used it a couple of times, i don't remember it for stability but from what i do remember it kind of works, seems like crushed a few times, probably due to certain plugins in the chain

and look here http://www.kvraudio.com/q.php?search=1&tg[]=32#results (copy the link as text)
sometimes it's hard not to be an asshole © mellotronaut
you work so somebody can rest
Doing sound synthesis if organs is all you get, leave it alone

All Rights Deserved

And of course Plogue Bidule, which works stand alone or as a VST or AU plugin.

Thanks for your kind answers, but these products are too complex, they are chainers. In Logic you just take an instrument, add some effects, build your sound patch, name it and save it as "channel strip". Once saved, you can recall it as if it was a patch in any other project. Very simple, useful and time saving. Alas, not exportable. Consequently, one has to take notes of the various combinations of (third party) effects for every single patch created to have it in another DAW. So, I asked for a sort of "logic channel strip to other daws" converter(so to speak). Does it exist? I doubt it does, right? Anyway, that would be very useful for people like me, who have identical projects in different daws (in my case logic and ableton live). The same for automation.

Return to “Instruments”