KVR Forum Upgrade - Xmas 2013

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

"My forum" section doesn't affect my choice. I still can see every single developer.

ha...nice!

Sampleconstruct wrote:Going with the new clean look, some new rules have been implemented: no more swear words, nothing obscene or sexual, nothing political and no more fighting, immediate bans are automatically implemented whenever you break these rules.
+1
|\/| _ o _ |\ |__ o
| |__> |(_ | \(_/_|

Is there something strange going on with the thread ordering within the subforums? I was used to seeing the most recently updated threads at the top (apart from stickies). It seems to be a little inconsistent here (Win 7-64/Chrome)

BTW - I haven't noticed any performance issues yet, but I've only been logged in for about 20 minutes.

I just got the following error whilst attempting to change page within a thread:-

General Error
SQL ERROR

[MOD EDIT: Should be fixed]

Nice work on the upgrade.Thanks :D
01001001 01110100 00100111 01110011 00100000 01100011 01100001 01101100 01101100 01100101 01100100 00100000 00100010 01000100 01100001 01101001 01110011 01111001 00101110 00100010

Forum seems much faster now after the last short maintenance downtime period (perhaps half an hour ago or so?).

seismic1 wrote:I just got the following error whilst attempting to change page within a thread:-

General Error
SQL ERROR

[MOD EDIT: Should be fixed]
Nice one. that seems to be working now. Thanks very much. :tu:

Nice upgrade! Congratulations for all involved :)

Not sure which style is nicer. This one or the old one! I think the old one gave KVR its unique colours and font. Now, it has changed a little bit. Still nice though, like a beautiful woman, whatever hair style she choose, she still beautiful ;-)

:harp:

Did the forum upgrade involve slipping some class A drugs into the harp angel's tea?

Congrats on getting the upgrade done and dusted.

Thanks very much for the upgrade, Ben.

It seems to be running a little quicker for the last 90 minutes or so,

i`m getting used to the light view as well actualy..

nice upgrade!

Even if this is a temp layout, a couple of things could still be adjusted.

The Thread header size for example. That one's a bit large and cramps a lot of stuff, especially with the 800px (is it?) wide layout of KVRaudio. Makes browsing threads a bit hard IMO.

It's also hard to differentiate what's "pinned" and what's not.

Fonts are also a bit large for the posts themselves, while the size seems good for writing stuff in the WYSIWYG editors. Don't know what to think of the Username to the right thing yet. But as mentioned over and over, it's a temp design and a lot of things can change (width of this page again?). So I can wait.

It's good to see the board back, and therefore the dev board sections as well. Pity that some of the thread board stuff couldN't make it to the rollback. But it's either a cut, or no working board at all.

EDIT:
And I just saw this... I think we need new rules for board attachments. Especially with pictures and the likes. To not crowd the database and to make it possible to plain readers (guests) to actually see pictures and possible downloads in normal size, not to mention get access without loggin in.

I can already see an abuse in this. Linking to something was always fine with me. But an actual attachment? I'm highly sceptical about that.

EDIT 2:
And two FR's for the PM's, if possible:
a) threaded view
b) export to HTML (especially in combination with threaded view).

Would be a nice feature - if possible.
[ Mix Challenge ] | [ Studio Page / Twitter ] | [ KVRmarks (see: metering tools) ]

Well done Ben, great to have KVR back!

Return to “Site Stuff”