phalanx - vengeance-sampler

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
VPS Phalanx

Mac Hine wrote:Are there some specific details about expansions? They are quite expensive so I would like to know more what they include? Are there drumkits or synthsounds? I propably would buy these only for drums so I would like not to buy expansion and notice that it includes only stuff I dont need.
The expansions have all kinds of sounds, not just drums

Anyone else experiencing high CPU usage when the GUI for the plugin is displayed in the DAW? In Logic X, Cubase 7.5, Live 9.1 and Pro Tools 10.3.8, when I have the GUI open the CPU utilization in Activity Monitor shoots up to over 100%. When I close the GUI it sends it back down to 10%. This happens in a session with one instrument track and the transport stopped. I can replicate this on both my Macbook Pro (10.9.1) and Mac Pro (10.7.5).

I'm using Phalanx version 1.5.1.
OS 10.9.2 - 32GB - iMac 3.5 GHz i7 - Logic 10.0.6 - Cubase 7.5.10 - Pro Tools 11.1.2 - Live 9.1 - Wavelab 8.0.3 - Apogee Duet
OS 10.9.2 - 4 GB - MBP 2.8 Intel Core 2 Duo - Logic 10.0.6 - Live 9.1

No Not in Cubase 7.5, Not in Logic X, Not in Live 9.1 on iMac 3.4ghz i7, 32 gb Ram - OS 10.9.1

C-note wrote:No Not in Cubase 7.5, Not in Logic X, Not in Live 9.1 on iMac 3.4ghz i7, 32 gb Ram - OS 10.9.1
Thank you C-Note, I see you have an i7, I suspect my hardware is to blame.

Can anyone with an Intel Core 2 Duo or dual core Intel Xeon 5150 processors confirm this behavior on their machines?
OS 10.9.2 - 32GB - iMac 3.5 GHz i7 - Logic 10.0.6 - Cubase 7.5.10 - Pro Tools 11.1.2 - Live 9.1 - Wavelab 8.0.3 - Apogee Duet
OS 10.9.2 - 4 GB - MBP 2.8 Intel Core 2 Duo - Logic 10.0.6 - Live 9.1

I know one of the developers used to frequent this thread, if anyone can point me to another place to post this as well please let me know.

For the untag function when you are in the 'tagged' list - if you untag a file and move on to preview another file during the 3 second untag delay period, once the file is finally untagged the highlight still moves down one sample. So this happens even if you have already moved down or up to another one yourself. This becomes quite confusing if you are trying to quickly filter through your tagged files, and should be a quick and easy fix with a simple if statement, which bypasses the move down function.

Demoing it now. Would be great to see a sequencer built in (I know the arpeggiator is sort of like that, but because it isn't all centralized, the workflow isn't as fast).

Hopefully one day it will include a super built in sequencer sort of like Xfer Records Nerve. Even still, Phalanx is worth every single penny. Seriously! I love Vengeance stuff! Very well designed and really cool to use.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
Alienware i7 R3 loaded with billions of DAWS and plugins.

One of the reasons I love and use Phalanx is because you can use single instances instead of multi-out. Great feature when you just need to add one more sound.

As for a sequencer, that's what a DAW is for. With machine I get it. Hardware MPC style, patterns, etc. Phalanx really doesn't need a sequencer or the bloat that comes along with that stuff.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

billcarroll wrote:One of the reasons I love and use Phalanx is because you can use single instances instead of multi-out.
That's funny because that's the only way I've been using it. I run one instance for each track. I have yet to use the multi version. I still think a sequencer for the multi version would be cool added feature though. Especially if it were a really fast workflowish type.

.-.
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/

Orbit-50 wrote:
billcarroll wrote:One of the reasons I love and use Phalanx is because you can use single instances instead of multi-out.
That's funny because that's the only way I've been using it. I run one instance for each track. I have yet to use the multi version. I still think a sequencer for the multi version would be cool added feature though. Especially if it were a really fast workflowish type.

.-.
Well, at least we both like using single instances of Phalanx :)

The idea to add the single instance of the plugin was really damn smart.
Bitwig Certified Trainer

Vengeance products seems to be very well thought out and quite bug free. Beta team seems to know their stuff.

How are you guys using this compared to something like Geist or Battery? I'm demoing it right now, but just wondering why I would need it if I already have one of those two?

Also, I haven't been able to get it to load the basic.delivery file - it gives me an error every time. And I've tried downloading it again, but same issue.

5Lives wrote:but just wondering why I would need it if I already have one of those two?
Sorry, I couldn't tell you. After buying Phalanx, I don't use those two anymore. :lol:

.-.

5Lives wrote:How are you guys using this compared to something like Geist or Battery? I'm demoing it right now, but just wondering why I would need it if I already have one of those two?

Also, I haven't been able to get it to load the basic.delivery file - it gives me an error every time. And I've tried downloading it again, but same issue.
I use Phalanx because it's an easy to use and fast sampler with just about every option I need in a sampler.

Check out the extensive tutorial collection to see the details.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QVJjGjM ... a&index=14
Bitwig Certified Trainer

maybe the download was incomplete. Tried downloading the file again?
I think the basic content is important to get an impression of Phalanx

Return to “Instruments”