New forum design - do you like it?

Any problems with the site? How can we improve KVR?
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Karten wrote:Seriously, how many threads like these do we need?
As many as there are whiny gits who can't be arsed to read any upgrade info, or whiny threads similar to their own.

Generally i prefer bright backgrounds with dark text, it's much better readable! I have some difficulties with dark backgrounds, my eyes get tired soon. The new look isn't really overwhelming in terms of design but it's much clearer for reading. :tu:

farlukar wrote:
Karten wrote:Seriously, how many threads like these do we need?
As many as there are whiny gits who can't be arsed to read any upgrade info, or whiny threads similar to their own.
No I refuse to halt my bitching because if CSI (and especially CSI Miami) has taught us nothing else, it's that websites are easy to design and change and hack into, just like a magic light switch... just like all photos and videos are infinitely editable to molecule size inside Photoshop. :)

Sorry, if I gotta put up with whiny uninformed gits who think their Word document with thumbnail pics downloaded from teh interwebz is "print quality", then I get to dogpile on the web designers for not being quick enough to change KVR from being a buttugly eyesore. :P :P :hihi:

I don't like that I'm required to log in to the site when mailbot notifies me that someone posted in a thread I'm monitoring in order to just read the post.

debra1rlo wrote:No I refuse to halt my bitching because if CSI (and especially CSI Miami) has taught us nothing else, it's that websites are easy to design and change and hack into, just like a magic light switch... just like all photos and videos are infinitely editable to molecule size inside Photoshop. :)
And you can just make a GUI interface using visual basic to track an IP address.

farlukar wrote:
debra1rlo wrote:No I refuse to halt my bitching because if CSI (and especially CSI Miami) has taught us nothing else, it's that websites are easy to design and change and hack into, just like a magic light switch... just like all photos and videos are infinitely editable to molecule size inside Photoshop. :)
And you can just make a GUI interface using visual basic to track an IP address.
oh yeah, CSI has all the cool toys :)

:hihi:

O... M... F... G... this new layout is BAD! :dog:

Could it be any more busy?

And among myriad other issues, my signature doesn't fit anymore. The tag line is half cut off!

AdmiralQuality wrote:
And among myriad other issues, my signature doesn't fit anymore. The tag line is half cut off!
If it helps nobody outside KVR knows who you are or what your plugin is anyway.

tehlord wrote:
AdmiralQuality wrote:
If it helps nobody outside KVR knows who you are or what your plugin is anyway.
Um, no. That is particularly UNhelpful and patently untrue.

funny though

fateamenabletochange wrote:funny though
Funny cuz it's untrue? I see it's not just the visual design that's gone to shit on this site.

AdmiralQuality wrote:
fateamenabletochange wrote:funny though
Funny cuz it's untrue? I see it's not just the visual design that's gone to shit on this site.
You owe me a new ironymeter.

i love it.
mainly because its pissing so many people off i think its funny as f**k.
deal with it mofos!

:hihi:

I say we keep this color scheme as the default and thus people bothered by it won't ever invest the effort to find that you can modify it to your own liking, and will therefore piss off and never come back.
Free plug-ins for Windows, MacOS and Linux. Xhip Synthesizer v8.0 and Xhip Effects Bundle v6.7.
The coder's credo: We believe our work is neither clever nor difficult; it is done because we thought it would be easy.
Work less; get more done.

New (temporary) look is shit as far as I'm concerned but the biggest drag is the way it appears on my phone which is unreadable in terms of text size unless I keep scrolling around.

Bonus is I can't be arsed to read the site much anymore: less time on the internet = win, so there ya go.

When (if?) Ben sorts out how it renders on mobes then I'll hang around more.

Return to “Site Stuff”