What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

New granular synth: The Mangle

VST, AU, etc. plug-in Virtual Instruments discussion

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

1976 posts since 17 Jan, 2008

Postby michael2; Fri Jan 10, 2014 12:58 pm Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

any chance of a manual or another video (or 2)? I can get some interesting sounds, but they are all sounding the same to be honest. and it's all my fault as I am pretty clueless on how to do granular synthesis. :dog:
macbook pro 2.88 GHz Intel Core Duo, 10 gigs ram, 750GB HD, Logic Studio 9
my blog and some music:
http://rabbitearsmotel.wordpress.com/
KVRAF

3450 posts since 12 May, 2008

Postby Echoes in the Attic; Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:17 pm Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

Any way you could make the modulation parameters automatable? I'm missing that.
This is a block of text that can be added to posts you make. There is a 255 character limit. Once I have something clever, I will certainly fill it in.
KVRAF

1733 posts since 15 Sep, 2010

Postby Neon Breath; Sat Jan 11, 2014 8:41 pm Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

widdershins wrote:Hello! Yes, I got a little slowed down by a small freelance gig, I will be doing some work this weekend. Apart from bug-fixes (there are already quite a few committed) I'd like to address 2 commonly requested features.

First, showing all of the modulation at all times, with the modulations of the currently viewed modulator highlighted. Second, slower LFOs, to allow better continuous sweeping of the position. Or maybe that feature deserves its own control, I'm not sure.

Oh, and happy New Year all! :party:

That's great news! Looking forward to the next version. 2014, Mangle's year! :P

250 posts since 9 Nov, 2006

Postby trueparadox; Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:38 pm Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

Neon Breath wrote:
widdershins wrote:Hello! Yes, I got a little slowed down by a small freelance gig, I will be doing some work this weekend. Apart from bug-fixes (there are already quite a few committed) I'd like to address 2 commonly requested features.

First, showing all of the modulation at all times, with the modulations of the currently viewed modulator highlighted. Second, slower LFOs, to allow better continuous sweeping of the position. Or maybe that feature deserves its own control, I'm not sure.

Sounds great. :) Yea, being able to modulate position could even be its own control. I would love position going forward and restart to the marker at each key press, "playing" the wave in question...
www.soundcloud.com/trueparadox

For 10% discount on Camel Audio Alchemy and soundbanks, use this referral link:
http://www.camelaudio.com/?CcID=hyyklkbazt
KVRAF

2555 posts since 20 Sep, 2004, from Atlanta

Postby blortblort; Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:35 pm Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

Neon Breath wrote:

:hyper: :hyper: :hyper:
boogie 'til ya puke! soundclicks | A LA KART
KVRAF

18485 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sun Jan 19, 2014 3:37 pm Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

I've lost track of what the latest version actually is
Beware the Quoth

20700 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:40 am Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

aMUSEd wrote:I've lost track of what the latest version actually is

yeah, me too. Posting a version number on the website would be nice.
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
KVRAF

18485 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Mon Jan 20, 2014 2:48 am Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

My last email was for Update 0.6.1b but then there was another that had Snow Leopard compatibility but it wasn't clear if that was a new update for everyone or just a specific version for people with Snow Leopard?
KVRian

753 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland

Postby EnGee; Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:19 am Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

I think it was only for those who have OSX 10.6. it is with 194mb download which still you can access it now.
He didn't mention anything about Windows in his email.

It is one month now since that last email. I hope he is adding/fixing something to it.
KVRAF

2836 posts since 25 Jun, 2004

Postby highkoo; Mon Jan 20, 2014 8:42 am Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

EnGee wrote:It is one month now since that last email. I hope he is adding/fixing something to it.

Note how quickly our expectations grow in response to an attentive and motivated dev. ;)
KVRAF

2689 posts since 29 May, 2009, from New Zealand

Postby GeorgeZ; Mon Jan 20, 2014 11:37 am Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

Ye, be patient lads. Sure this isn't the only thing Tom does ;)
Image VST Banks
KVRian

686 posts since 3 Apr, 2013, from Belgium

Postby Davias; Mon Jan 20, 2014 12:35 pm Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

trueparadox wrote:Sounds great. :) Yea, being able to modulate position could even be its own control. I would love position going forward and restart to the marker at each key press, "playing" the wave in question...
Maybe I will say something wrong but if you assign an adsr with a long linear attack and the correct grain parameters you can play the sample (and the make a lot of funny things by mangling the reading position etc...).

Looking forward to a version 1.0 to start integrate TheMangle in my production ^^
KVRian

753 posts since 7 Oct, 2005, from Auckland

Postby EnGee; Mon Jan 20, 2014 4:20 pm Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

highkoo wrote:
EnGee wrote:It is one month now since that last email. I hope he is adding/fixing something to it.

Note how quickly our expectations grow in response to an attentive and motivated dev. ;)

Exactly! Hope all is fine with him :oops:
KVRist

250 posts since 9 Nov, 2006

Postby trueparadox; Thu Jan 23, 2014 1:59 pm Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

Davias wrote:
trueparadox wrote:Sounds great. :) Yea, being able to modulate position could even be its own control. I would love position going forward and restart to the marker at each key press, "playing" the wave in question...
Maybe I will say something wrong but if you assign an adsr with a long linear attack and the correct grain parameters you can play the sample (and the make a lot of funny things by mangling the reading position etc...).

Looking forward to a version 1.0 to start integrate TheMangle in my production ^^

Oh, nice! Yea, that solves a lot of what i wanted to do! Thank you! :)
www.soundcloud.com/trueparadox

For 10% discount on Camel Audio Alchemy and soundbanks, use this referral link:
http://www.camelaudio.com/?CcID=hyyklkbazt
KVRist

353 posts since 18 Feb, 2012

Postby HcDoom; Thu Jan 23, 2014 2:18 pm Re: New granular synth: The Mangle

Wow, gonna buy this when it goes final for sure! Can't wait! :)
I offer professional yet affordable mixing of your tracks. All interested, send pm. :)

If anyone wants 10% discount on FabFilter products, also, send pm!
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Instruments