What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Tutorial: BLEPs (using PolyBLEPs but extensible)

DSP, Plug-in and Host development discussion.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

110 posts since 10 Nov, 2013, from Germany

Postby Chris-S; Fri Jan 10, 2014 1:29 pm Re: Tutorial: BLEPs (using PolyBLEPs but extensible)

FFT comparison (1000 hz saw):
KVRAF

3927 posts since 11 Feb, 2006, from Helsinki, Finland

Postby mystran; Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:11 pm Re: Re:

Tale wrote:
mystran wrote:Well, mm.. don't have a picture to post, but basically a bit cleaner than DPW.

Well, I do:

Thanks for the pictures. Yeah, you can trade-off different functions. The one you propose (0.5*x^2) amounts to treating the step as a linear segment rather than a smooth-step. The choice makes some sense, but for whatever reason the one I used appears to be popular in literature.

Anyway, I don't really have an opinion on particular step-functions to use, I just picked something that worked reasonably well. Normally I'd use longer tabulated BLEPs (usually 16 taps or so). Really should extend the code above to illustrate how to do this exactly.
Image <- plugins | forum
KVRAF

8827 posts since 7 Dec, 2004, from Vancouver, Canada

Postby aciddose; Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:54 pm Re: Tutorial: BLEPs (using PolyBLEPs but extensible)

Everyone should keep in mind of course the examples are generated with a very minimal filter. The filter I use for example produces zero passband distortion and provides 120db in 1/5th octave. This means say you're running at 48khz, harmonics roll off from 24khz to 19.2khz and then are -120db. Same response for all orders.

It does this in eight samples rather than two, so it is not much more expensive.
Previous

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to DSP and Plug-in Development