Changing default channel play in multi-channel instrument...

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

(A warning: I'm not quite sure if this is a plugins in general issue, a particularly host issue, or a specific plugin issue. It's just something I've noticed, and found it annoying enough to ask about)

When using a multitimbral/multichannel plugin (in my case Halionsonic), I find that if I edit a channel other than the first one in the actual edit window for the instrument, the channel played from my keyboard switches automatically to the first channel. This means that I have to go back and select the MIDI Out channel corresponding to what I just edited again in order to hear what I did. The more channels I'm working with in the same plugin, the more annoying this gets after awhile.

What I'd like to know is, it there any way of disabling this behavior? Can I change, either in the plugin in question or in my host (I'm using FL Studio), it so that if I have, for example, channel 3 selected for editing in Halionsonic the keyboard plays channel 3 until I intentionally switch focus to another one? If not, is this because of Halionsonic, or FL, or is that simply how things are regardless?

Figured an image would help explain what I'm talking about: Image

The channel w/ the red arrow is the one I have selected. The channel with the green one is what I hear from my keyboard instead.

I'm guessing that it has something to do with the midi handling in fruity loops. This isn't how it works in my host. Search through your configuration menus and help documentation and you should be able to get it sorted out.
Don't F**K with Mr. Zero.

I've looked through the docs & menus, haven't seen anything about changing it.

Return to “Instruments”