Differences between Arturia Analog lab nad Analog laboratory?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can anaybody tell me what the differences are?
So far as I cann see is one difference that the Analog lab has some hundreds more presets. On the other hand when I read this forum I see that the Analog lab seems to be not very stable.
Is the Analog laboratory more stable?
What product should I buy?

I've been using the Laboratory for around a year, and picked up the Lab few weeks ago. Both integrate well with my Arturia Laboratory 61 keyboard (hardware controller I really like). The Lab has more sounds and a few more capabilities which I posted my thoughts on in this thread: http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/viewtopic ... 91#5382791

Bottom line for me... The new features in the Lab which i spent the $20 upgrade for... are too CPU-intensive to be of practical use for me (without resorting to workarounds). YMMV

Re: stability. I haven't had problems with crashing or stability when using the Laboratory/Lab versions of Arturia synths. The full blown version of SEM caused me some grief last year..

Hi jdoo,
many thanks for your answer.
I have now Analog lab. I like some of the sounds very much.
So far it does not crash.
But I have the problem that the volume level of the presets is very different for me. Some presets are much to loud and I mean to hear distortions.
I lower then the level on Cubase so that Cubase cannot make the distortion effect but I hear it also.
Can it be that some presets are programmed with a too big synth volume so that the distortion comes from the Analog lab?
Has anybody the same effect?

On some patches I get a lot of distortion as well. Typically though.. I can see the Arturia synth pegging my cpu in Logic Pro. Which synth presets are giving you problems? You shouldn't hear crackling or noise, on any patch..

cheers-

j

Hello everyone.
So, half a year passed since this thread was open, and it seems that Arturia sell the Analog Laboratory (.i.e the older inferior product) at higher price than the newer and superior Analog Lab. 99 for the former vs 89 for the last.
What's going on there? Am I missing something?

No one?

I'll reply. :)

After spending more time than I care to recall, trying to get Analog Lab to quit pegging my Mac, I gave up on it. The patches that I liked the most, are just too cpu intensive to get any real use out of em. My Laboratory was upgraded to Lab, and somehow Arturia pulled my license from their on-line scheme (probably fair, as I *did* upgrade it to the Lab) - however, what little use I had for the software... I was getting more out of the Laboratory than Lab.
/Ramble mode off

All-in-all - the Laboratory and Lab have hundreds (thousands) of presets. I shared my feelings about them in the linked post above, back in June of 2013. Bottom line for me -- the Lab wasn't worth the $19 I paid for upgrading my Laboratory. On any day -- I would rate the u-he stuff a LOT more usable, and the Korg soft synths as well.

jdoo wrote: the Lab wasn't worth the $19 I paid for upgrading my Laboratory.
+1 Unusable in any practical sense on my system.
Anyone who can make you believe absurdities can make you commit atrocities.

I love the Analog Lab, but I agree their are some inconsistencies with slight distortion (not the good one) and lots of volume differences when going thru patches.

Still overall,it's a fun synth,to be able to mix and match two VA/emu analogs together, lots of cool sounds to be had like this, in the what 5,000 or so patches ;) plus you can edit the synths if you own the full synths.A reaLLY good idea,but it could use a few solid updates to get down cpu and faster scrolling of presets,currently they are quite glitchy UI issues .

It'd be nice to hear from Arturia to see what if anything they are planning for it's next update.
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

Just had a crash in standalone.. weird, maybe Arturia didn't like my comment? lol
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/Take 5/ASM Hydrasynth
Korg Prologue16\Behringer DM12D/Pro-800/Meris Pedals

Return to “Instruments”