Would you buy a vsti from the big Keyboard Companies?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion

Would you buy a vsti from the big Keyboard Companies?

Yes
87%
No
13%

Total votes: 122

RELATED
PRODUCTS

Debby747 wrote:
trusampler wrote:2. Dongle will be included, elicenser/ilok, (sorry but lets face the facts, they trust no one and this is part of the deal)
Under these circumstances: no.

Greetings
D.
I agree.....I voted before seeing the Dongle requirement. So yes I'd buy a Roland D-50 Vsti but not if it required a Dongle.......... :shrug:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

trusampler wrote: want the big nice sound you hear in the preset level, , well then there's the forced bounce down,because as mentioned, if we hop into the multi timbral level of these boards, there's major compromises
Our emotions are linked to our hearing,
and our ego is linked to how our productivity is received by
those we care about, so the choice and mixing of 'big' sounds
must be carefully done, or the emotion and energy of
the big sound, the mystique of the killer preset, will be lost :dog:

A busboy can cook stew in small pots or large, but it's still a stew.
But a chef that has to please customers to make money,
is careful when choosing tools, ingredients, and recipes.
Korg did well with their collection, if Yamaha put their SY sounds
in an undongled layering/editing vst, I might buy it, at a good price.
Cheers

Don't see why a Virus B/C vsti wouldn't sell well at 499-, even with a dongle.

My vote: yep

I would only relent to a dongle from Access for a Virus VSTI.
And then, I'm sure you'd see me on here complaining about CPU use.....

mcnoone wrote:
SODDI wrote:Roland, Yamaha - no, why, do they have something super special in their catalogs that just begs to be turned into a VSTi?
Yes.
Roland D50...
Thanks.
Yes me too

Teksonik wrote:
Debby747 wrote:
trusampler wrote:2. Dongle will be included, elicenser/ilok, (sorry but lets face the facts, they trust no one and this is part of the deal)
Under these circumstances: no.

Greetings
D.
I agree.....I voted before seeing the Dongle requirement. So yes I'd buy a Roland D-50 Vsti but not if it required a Dongle.......... :shrug:
Whoops I didn't read the part about a dongle, so I guess I am out. I have so many plugin synths and none of them have dongles, no need to start now.

If the sound was really 1 to 1 identical, then i would.
I can imagine that the top players have enough funding and know how to make VSTi synths of quality far above what we currently have from small independent companies.
[====[\\\\\\\\]>------,

Ay caramba !

If Korg released a new plugin synth that offered the more advanced version of the Wavestation features found in the OAYSIS and Kronos, I'd go for that. Not sure I see it happening, though - I guess they'd rather people who want that be forced to buy one of their expensive workstations. I don't see myself spending three or four grand on a Kronos when all I really want is a Wavestation MKII, however.

If Access rolled out a Virus TI plugin, I've no doubt the could charge $500 or more for it and many people wouldn't hesitate to grab their credit cards. I might even consider it myself, since at times I've thought it would be cool to have that sound on the palette again, and the Total Integration thing is still not as simple and seamless as an actual native plugin.
http://www.davidvector.com
New album, Chasing Fire, out now on Amazon, iTunes, etc.
Bandcamp: https://davidvector.bandcamp.com/releases

I really like the virus TI plug in. It's probably my favorite plug in to mess around in - I like multi page set ups. I don't use it as often as I would because of the disadvantages of the dsp processing (no multiple instances, no freezing tracks, having to bounce manually). I would pay $400 for the vst version in a heart beat.

+1 Agreed
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Arturia did the Yamaha CS80 and Jupiter8 from Roland. Can't believed I'm the first to mention those. I want those as well as the korg KLC. Would love to have the sounds from my old kurzweil perhaps the use of extreme sample convertor and borrowing a k2600 from a friend may be in order.

Want to see something that will scare some of you click here http://safeshare.tv/w/KkkEFRtyiS

That's Arturia, we're talking about specifically from the companies who originally produced them. ;)
INTERFACE: RME ADI-2/4 Pro/Antelope Orion Studio Synergy Core/BAE 1073 MPF Dual/Heritage Audio Successor+SYMPH EQ
SYNTHS: Korg Kronos X 88/Yamaha Montage M8x/Sequential Trigon 6/
Behringer DM12D/Pro-800

Ensoniq VFX needs a VSTi version.......and a "Modern Mode" with updated sample content, bit depth etc...... :tu:

And yes I know that Ensoniq was bought by Emu who was bought by Creative who..........
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Sure. Anytime that I can pay $199.00 for something, that sounds as close as is possible to something that costs $3000.00, I will pay the $199.00.

I would but a software synth from anyone as long as it was really good.
my music: http://www.alexcooperusa.com
"It's hard to be humble, when you're as great as I am." Muhammad Ali

Return to “Instruments”