PsyGen, PsyBox and Ambitron from M-RGT?

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Ambitron psyBOX psyGEN

dreadnought wrote:
By the way, what's a guy who's able to program such a cool instrument doing in Siberia anyway? I don't have any skills at all, and I still get to live comfortably in Portlandia. That doesn't seem fair, but it's all just a crapshoot, I guess.

Hoping for the best for Boris. . .
First of all Boris grew up in Kurgan so he had family roots there. He thought Moscow was a shithole and I think he preferred the relative isolation, although Kurgan is a fair sized city if you Google it. He also had a family business there (a clothing store) that fell on hard times hence the job change necessity. Plus with the Internet he wasn't as isolated as he would have been a few decades ago. It's a digital global village now.

Tricky-Loops wrote:
dreadnought wrote:By the way, what's a guy who's able to program such a cool instrument doing in Siberia anyway? I don't have any skills at all, and I still get to live comfortably in Portlandia.
Maybe because he is born there and has still a strong connection to his homeland in Siberia (which has magnificent landscapes, BTW)?

If all Russian programmers would leave their country, there wouldn't be any progress in Siberia...
Sure, that's a possibility. It was really more of a rhetorical musing. It's not like I thought he was confined to a gulag or something.

Bobbotov wrote:
dreadnought wrote:
By the way, what's a guy who's able to program such a cool instrument doing in Siberia anyway? I don't have any skills at all, and I still get to live comfortably in Portlandia. That doesn't seem fair, but it's all just a crapshoot, I guess.

First of all Boris grew up in Kurgan
Just realized they named the bad guy in Highlander after his hometown...

dreadnought wrote:
Bobbotov wrote:
dreadnought wrote:

First of all Boris grew up in Kurgan
Just realized they named the bad guy in Highlander after his hometown...
Strange...I thought there could be only one...

I just looked at the AlgoMusic website and it appears to be up and fully functioning. Doesn't Boris own and run that site as well?

Boris had developed a few VSTs that they sell but I believe he ended the relationship some years ago after Tim Conrardy died (they developed Atomic together). He does not own the site and has had nothing to do with running it.

I'm wondering why Bobbotov still has the M-RGT website in his signature, although the website leads to Asian social sites now... :o

BTW, any news from Boris? Still lost in Siberia?

I haven't checked my signature recently but I will remove it.

Yes, Boris is lost somewhere for sure.

Bobbotov wrote:Yes, Boris is lost somewhere for sure.
...or headhuntet?

I would think his expertise with coding and programming would mean he could have signed up with a bigger developer?

Possibly, but he really only knew Synthedit. I tried to encourage him to learn C+ but he never did.

Bobbotov wrote:Possibly, but he really only knew Synthedit. I tried to encourage him to learn C+ but he never did.
Maybe he's learning that now?
One could hope...
I think I would probably buy a 64 bit version of these.

I wouldn't get my hopes up unfortunately.

Bobbotov wrote:Possibly, but he really only knew Synthedit.
But he knows SE very well. I still use his older plugs a lot, like Intro :tu:

Yes he does.

Return to “Instruments”