What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

What are you watching?

If it's not about music it belongs here! Please keep it civil and decent.... except - see below->

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Beware the Quoth

20686 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Sat Jan 11, 2014 6:30 am Re: What are you watching?

Blancanieves
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
KVRAF

18472 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:13 am Re: What are you watching?

GaryG wrote:
aMUSEd wrote:I'm 3/4 of the way through the second season of Stargate Universe - really enjoying it - much the best scifi show for years. Not looking forwards to it ending - another truly great show cancelled by philistine TV execs.

That's about where it really started to get good I thought. Such a shame it was cancelled,
think they were onto some good at

I thought it was brilliant from the first episode, it's really very unique, apart from common storyline elements it's very different in feel from the other Stargates, maybe that put some people off but I love how stripped down it is, no bombastic music in the background, time spent on complex characters and interactions, emotional and philosophical depth, a really deep plot, very tasteful use of the minimal score and music generally, and I think it's very brave that they don't always go for closure at the end of episodes. This is the best scifi series since Threshold, which was similarly vandalised by stupid TV execs (when do they not mess up great programmes? Really they should keep out of it and leave it to the creative people)
KVRAF

4449 posts since 13 Jan, 2003, from Kent, UK

Postby GaryG; Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:27 pm Re: What are you watching?

I agree with the general criticism that it took a while to get going plot wise but was personally hooked from the start by the characters, tone etc. I think they had certain ideas regarding things like character motivations that that never really got the chance to explore fully.

I never really watched the earlier series, I tried but found them a bit too action/adventure orientated. Entertaining but not for me. (but then I'd take BSG over TNG any day :))
()_()
(O.o)
(")(")
D.H. MOD

7666 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Sat Jan 11, 2014 7:14 pm Re: What are you watching?

Beware the Quoth

20686 posts since 3 Sep, 2001, from R'lyeh Oceanic Amusement Park and Funfair

Postby whyterabbyt; Sun Jan 12, 2014 4:01 am Re: What are you watching?

13th Warrior
Fifth Element
Wanted
House of Flying Daggers
To laymen, software development is something akin to wizardry. Neither time, nor effort are involved. If software is missing features they want, or has bugs, it is solely because someone has been too lazy to wave their magic wand.
KVRAF

18472 posts since 14 Sep, 2002, from In teh net

Postby aMUSEd; Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:30 am Re: What are you watching?

GaryG wrote:I agree with the general criticism that it took a while to get going plot wise but was personally hooked from the start by the characters, tone etc. I think they had certain ideas regarding things like character motivations that that never really got the chance to explore fully.

Yeah, there are no simplistic "good guys" vs "bad guys" - these are all people I would find fascinating to spend time with - some of them are really lovely people too. I agree about BSG - that was probably the closest comparison in terms of characters and philosophical depth - although I found some of it frustrating (especially the ending).
D.H. MOD

Postby D.H. Miltz; Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:43 pm Re: What are you watching?

Earlier: Pina. Shortly: Anatomy.
KVRAF

38492 posts since 20 Dec, 2005

Postby hibidy; Sun Jan 12, 2014 8:55 pm Re: What are you watching?

Can everyone explain why they hated "oblivion" so much? I mean, it wasn't great, but it was kinda hypnotic and captivating. :shrug:
KVRAF

2232 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:31 pm Re: What are you watching?

"Blackfish" and in a way I wish I hadn't. It has made both me and my wife very sad and very angry. You cage a giant hyperintelligent, emotional carnivore, 12,000 pounds of aquatic muscle in a concrete tank that is 60' x 40' x 20' deep for decades and make it do tricks for its food just to entertain some slack-jawed yokels. And then you wonder why it occasionally kills someone?

And it's legal!
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Sun Jan 12, 2014 10:44 pm Re: What are you watching?

I looked up the trailer of that and will pass. There is enough to make me angry.
D.H. MOD

Postby D.H. Miltz; Mon Jan 13, 2014 12:04 pm Re: What are you watching?

D.H. MOD

Postby D.H. Miltz; Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:44 am Re: What are you watching?

KVRAF

18817 posts since 4 Sep, 2001, from Melbourne Australia

Postby TheoM; Tue Jan 14, 2014 10:56 am Re: What are you watching?

D.H. Miltz wrote:The Host.

you're managing to sit through that? :hihi:

oh.. edit.. i was thinking of the "twighlight" type the host with the alien possession.
"Just call me shitload, cause I own a shitload of plugins!"
KVRAF

2232 posts since 2 Jul, 2007, from Oxycontin Acres, Georgia, USA

Postby SODDI; Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:25 am Re: What are you watching?

TheoM wrote:
D.H. Miltz wrote:The Host.

you're managing to sit through that? :hihi:

oh.. edit.. i was thinking of the "twighlight" type the host with the alien possession.

It's a MONSTER movie! One of the better ones. I love how it's all floppy and skids around.
KVRAF

Postby hibidy; Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:42 am Re: What are you watching?

GaryG wrote:I agree with the general criticism that it took a while to get going plot wise but was personally hooked from the start by the characters, tone etc. I think they had certain ideas regarding things like character motivations that that never really got the chance to explore fully.

I never really watched the earlier series, I tried but found them a bit too action/adventure orientated. Entertaining but not for me. (but then I'd take BSG over TNG any day :))

That's because you want drama. TNG was not a drama queen, it was a show about hope with cool aliens, ships and some space battles. It had storylines that revolved around strong characters and was not based on back stabbing or game playing.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Off Topic