A small "Waveterm" for Terratec Komplexer (and other products)

For discussion and announcements of soundware - patches, presets, soundsets, soundbanks, loop libraries, construction kits, MIDI libraries, etc.
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Can we assume this will work with the iOS version of PPG WaveGenerator, as well?
I'm not a musician, but I've designed sounds that others use to make music. http://soundcloud.com/obsidiananvil

I think and hope so, the files should be compatible. But I only have access to windows computers for testing.

And also (for this thread):

1. This is not an official or authorized file support. Use AT files at your own risk and don't blame PPG if something doesn't work as expected.

2. Due to technical and copyright reasons Audio-Term can only reload it's own *.wts files.

By the way, the same goes for the export to Surge/Blofeld/Ensoniq formats.

For the PC version of Wave Generator Audio Term is awesome. I think but who has an iPad should the Wavemapper to create wavetables.

I think there are even better results because Wavemapper uses all 256 waves. The analysis algorithms are indeed from the Father of wavetables.

But for Wave Generator is Audio Term an incredible thing.
Thank you Mathias.

Indeed WaveMapper has by far more possibilities than Audio-Term. It creates *.wts files which are perfectly adapted to WaveGenerator and it's full potential.

absolutely fantastic...
Few questions about the partial editor, is there an easy way to reset all partials to zero , there doesn't seem to be a reset button ?
Eyeball exchanging
Soul calibrating ..frequencies

You can reset all partials of a slice to zero by using TOOLS->ZERO on the slice editor page.

If I remember correctly, this started out as a DOS program... do you have a DOS compile for those of us actually using DOS? :clown:
In the future there will be robots!

Audiotherm 2.12 is available. Thanks for that.
Owner of the FB site of Audioterm

At first a big "Thank you!" to the developer. I'm currently exploring Audio-Term (just found it some hours ago) and it is pretty cool and runs very well (Windows 8.1 64 bit), but how do i save/export the slice or wavetable from the RAM into a *.wav file?

spktkpkt wrote:At first a big "Thank you!" to the developer. I'm currently exploring Audio-Term (just found it some hours ago) and it is pretty cool and runs very well (Windows 8.1 64 bit), but how do i save/export the slice or wavetable from the RAM into a *.wav file?
I might be totally wrong, and I probably am, but, if I understand you correctly, you want to save/export the slice/wavetable into a .wav file? That simply is not possible as has been explained in this thread. I think I actually asked the same question, but I am probably wrong about that too. Wav format will simply not contain the information that is in the sliced wavetable file.

Then again, I think there is a way, but most information is lost.

Sorry for not answering your question.

What exactly are you trying to do?

I hacked about with this program till dawn and learned a load about different formats.

It's really cool to see it being updated.

Thanks.

codec_spurt wrote:
spktkpkt wrote:At first a big "Thank you!" to the developer. I'm currently exploring Audio-Term (just found it some hours ago) and it is pretty cool and runs very well (Windows 8.1 64 bit), but how do i save/export the slice or wavetable from the RAM into a *.wav file?
I might be totally wrong, and I probably am, but, if I understand you correctly, you want to save/export the slice/wavetable into a .wav file?
Yes. :)
codec_spurt wrote:That simply is not possible as has been explained in this thread. I think I actually asked the same question, but I am probably wrong about that too. Wav format will simply not contain the information that is in the sliced wavetable file.
Sorry, i don't read the whole thread, it was simply to much. I'm not sure but you might be right. I thought there would be wavetables in WAV format.
codec_spurt wrote:What exactly are you trying to do?
The main goal would be to export/save/render the wavetable to a *.wav or *.WAV (in case it makes any difference) file so i can use it in samplers like the NN19 in Propellerhead Reason. I've tried the files that comes with the "installation" of Audio-Term and i was able to load the files of the 01-03 folders, they are in WAV format. Are these files not generated with Audio-Term?

Thank you for the help.

Terratec Komplexer is available thru the JRRShop for its original price, the link in the first post is for eu residents only, i want this synth, does anyone know if audioterm will make wavetables for other synthesizers and its pretty cool that waldorf largo and komplexer import waldorf microQ presets in syx format, i want them both for this reason, but if only they had a waldorf microwaveXT import function.

@ spktkpkt and anyone else that may find it useful:

There are wavetables in WAV format, as generated by Audio-Term and used by among others Vaz Modular. It consists of a WAV file that has a loop with it's starting point at the very beginning and where the end loop point makes the total length one "waveform" in samples. For instance a wavetable containing 33 "waves" where the WAV has a total length of 4224 samples will have its loop start point at sample 0 (the very beginning) and the loops end point will be at sample 127. The total length will thus be 128 samples, 4334 divided by 33.

If you use a sampler/sampleplayback capable synth that lets you modulate the samples so called "loop position" this should do the trick.

I hope this made sense, I'm quite tired now and I'll do my best to rephrase if required if no one else chimes in.

Also, in addition to WAV files in that format Audio-term makes wavetables for Vember Audio Surge, Blofeld and the old Ensoniq hardware samplers EPS 16+ and ESR 10 plus at least one more. And then some format I'm not familiar with.

How to save a wavetable in WAV format step by step:

DISK -> F_TYPE

choose the desired file type, choose 3 for WAV.

SAVE<>

Give your wavetable a name, eight characters maximum. Press enter.

You need some experience to make decisions about the number of slices and the number of samples per slice, experiment with saving the same wavetable with different settings and try to figure out the advantages and disadvantages of various settings. I leave the "BITS" setting to it's default 16 bits as I can't get Vaz Modular to read the 32-bit ones though it can read other 32-bit wavetables just fine.

STORE

There, you should now find your creation in the "data" folder, in the subfolder named "03 KTERM - Wavetables (Audio, WAV)"

Sorry for any typos.

I hope my post has been helpful, let me know if anything was unclear and I'll do my best to explain it better.

V-GER wrote:...
I hope my post has been helpful, let me know if anything was unclear and I'll do my best to explain it better.
Your post is very helpful. I've quickly generated a wavetable for testing purpose, followed your steps and saved it as *.WAV. It works, NN19 can read the file. Thank you very much!

Version 2.15 is online.

Changes in Version 2.15:

· additional info for DISK pages
· improved path and file testing algorithms
· max sample length set to 90 seconds (preparation for further features)

Changes in Version 2.14:

· fixed: error in KTERM waveform drawing when using RESTORE command
· fixed: wrong file selected in RECBIN in some cases
· faster waveform displays
· faster FFT/IFFT, memory allocation improved
· improved random number distribution in SLOOP synthesis algorithm
· DENSITY and SMEAR parameters in SLOOP linked to keep a constant ratio
· improved algorithms for file access and validation

By the way, I'm working on a new function especially for the VAZ Modular/2010 crossfade wavetable osc. This will turn up to 90 seconds of sound into a complex sounding, scanable wavetable - avoiding phasing, buzzing and other artifacts you get if you try this with normal audio data. A first basic version will be included in one of the next updates.

Return to “Soundware”