What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

6078 posts since 13 Mar, 2009, from UK

Postby seismic1; Sun Jan 12, 2014 6:05 pm Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

This took about 8 hours to record in November 2010, and is probably one of the most minimal pieces I ever made. The December 2013 Edit/Remix/Master took a further 10 hours, but was fairly straighforward. Lots of GTG synths on here. Lightweight chillout pop, I think. Named in honour of a floating apparition associated with one of my favourite beverages.

mp3/192kbps/5:24/7.4MB

or, Little Frothy Clouds:-

http://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/froth

Gadgets and gizmos:-

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.4/Remixed in EnergyXT2.7beta

Bojo Organ One
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
GTG 44 S
GTG FM4
GTG MX2008
GTG WS 2
Hades XT
IK CSR
5ORCERY
EnergyXT Delay
SDRR
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 12
KVRAF

2219 posts since 18 Jul, 2008, from New York

Postby Frantz; Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:34 pm Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

:love: Effortlessly effervescent! A perfect electro-pop gem. Simple but very attractive riffs throughout. A Seismic classic and it is less than 6 minutes. :o

Lots of space in the mix making it a pleasure to listen. These GTG synths seem to suit you.

However, there is a conundrum. Both this and Recant are labeled track 4 of Concert Rust. :?:
Fragile Gods: SoundCloud | Facebook
KVRian

1345 posts since 11 Jun, 2006

Postby layzer; Sun Jan 12, 2014 7:55 pm Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

nice one Tim! Tim is NOT dead! no no!!!! this is easily one of your best, dreamy vibes, creamy organs
and tight drums and bass. now that the obxd gui is done, this was a great track to sit back and groove to :D
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77]
HW MODULES [OB M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880]
SW [DIM PRO - RAPTURE - Z3TA+ - CRONOX3 - KLC - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2 v2.7/1U RACK WINTEL PC/MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]
KVRer

23 posts since 13 Apr, 2012, from Kannapolis, NC, USA

Postby rkg456; Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:39 am Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

This is a lovely tune. Good stuff.
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:59 am Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

Frantz wrote::love: Effortlessly effervescent! A perfect electro-pop gem. Simple but very attractive riffs throughout. A Seismic classic and it is less than 6 minutes. :o

Lots of space in the mix making it a pleasure to listen. These GTG synths seem to suit you.

However, there is a conundrum. Both this and Recant are labeled track 4 of Concert Rust. :?:

Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Frantz. Glad you liked it :)

This is definitely simpler than many of my other tracks, with a less dense set of instruments/sounds, which probably creates the impression of space. I do like those GTG synths.

Recant was supposed to be track 3, but inflation got the better of me :dog:
KVRAF

4236 posts since 5 Aug, 2006, from UK - Here!

Postby folderol; Mon Jan 13, 2014 2:09 pm Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

Tappity tapitty tap tap.

As I said elswhere :D :hihi:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was)
KVRian

862 posts since 28 May, 2007, from Germany / France

Postby drumity; Mon Jan 13, 2014 3:14 pm Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

This has a real minimal sound, but that´s what makes
it so pleasant.
Really like the bassline Tim ;-)

(( D ))
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Mon Jan 13, 2014 6:20 pm Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

layzer wrote:nice one Tim! Tim is NOT dead! no no!!!! this is easily one of your best, dreamy vibes, creamy organs
and tight drums and bass. now that the obxd gui is done, this was a great track to sit back and groove to :D

No, I've just been taking it easy (a bit too easy, some might say).

Glad you liked this, layzer, and thanks very much for listening :) The next one is already mixed and mastered. A little darker, a little more energetic than this. By the end of March, I should be making some new tracks.

I might get to check out obxd as well.
KVRian

1097 posts since 10 Sep, 2006, from along the rivers edge in northern Ontario

Postby wavephonic; Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:30 am Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

nice use of builds and sounds for the drum trac. cool upbeat theme with room to breathe,I liked the subtleness of the arrangement, I could work to it, lol
pleasantly listenable
KVRian

709 posts since 30 Apr, 2008

Postby astrochimp; Tue Jan 14, 2014 12:43 pm Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

i like it! it's very light, but not in a bad way. i could picture this as the perfect background music for the select screens of a good 90s video game. :) (which is of course meant as a compliment.)
KVRAF

7975 posts since 11 Dec, 2003, from Canada

Postby polyslax; Tue Jan 14, 2014 3:34 pm Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

Ok, I see we're back up and running…

Very different vibe for you here Tim, lighter and more introspective. Nicely integrated groove! The organ is perfect here and the synth work is tasty as always. Good stuff!
Image Image
KVRist

200 posts since 18 Feb, 2007, from Seattle Washington U.S.A.

Postby CascadianSynths; Tue Jan 14, 2014 4:33 pm Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

:neutral:
D.H. MOD

7651 posts since 20 Jun, 2008

Postby D.H. Miltz; Tue Jan 14, 2014 5:28 pm Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

Nice. Very cool bass, and I like the floaty EP sound. Enjoyed it. Thanks, seismic1.
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Tue Jan 14, 2014 6:19 pm Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

rkg456 wrote:This is a lovely tune. Good stuff.

Thanks very much for listening and commenting. Glad you liked it :)
KVRAF

Postby seismic1; Tue Jan 14, 2014 7:01 pm Re: Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

folderol wrote:Tappity tapitty tap tap.

As I said elswhere :D :hihi:

Thanks very much for checkin' 'er out, Will. Probably not a driving tune, then :wink:
Next

Moderators: Scoops, Moderators (Main)

Return to Music Cafe