App for notation?

For iOS (iPhone, iPad & iPod), Android, Windows Phone, etc. App and Hardware talk
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Hi all, I am looking for an iPad app that will capture and automatically notate what I am playing on an attached midi keyboard. Does anyone have recommendations?

Thank

Have a look at Symphonix evolution.
Instant human just add coffee

What about for a W7 PC? Anything free?
John
"B4serenity"

Notion
Rock On!

BiancaNeve wrote:Have a look at Symphonix evolution.
Thanks - yes Symphonix Evo has been recommended by others at another forum. It looks rather good and TBH I am about ready to buy it, I am just making sure there are no "darkhorses" floating about before committing.

Cheers

hi,
still check
Notion
as recomendet by Derek,
i do think that it's fantastic for the iPad
cheers
enjoy being

I'd go for Notion. I haven't tried the other app recommended, but Notion has been absolutely amazing. I was blown away by it's capabilities and the developers seem to keep things updated and are a growing company. I suspect they have their sights set on the big guys in the notation software field because I recently saw they now have a desktop application, too. I'm gonna check out that other app, though...but you should definitely try out Notion if you like to input MIDI notes in real time. It's actually my "show off" app to people who say the iPad is simply a media consumption device and not suited for creation. I bust out a MIDI keyboard, powered by the iPad, and after adjusting Notion's settings for real-time input, I play something flashy on the keyboard and it pops up all written out. It's great to set the split point for treble and bass clef so a complete piano piece magically appears.

Depending on the person, at that point it may be a perfect time email the newly created score as a PDF and yell, "Consume that, bitches!" :wink:

Okay thanks guys - I did have a "passing" look at Notion, but it did not "read" as well as the Symphonix....but I will re-visit it before making the final purchase :)

Cheers

Return to “Mobile Apps and Hardware”