Make a Tab to MIDI? or Strummer to MIDI? A hard choice!

Official support for: amplesound.net
Post Reply New Topic

I pick Tab to MIDI
50%
I pick Strummer to MIDI
50%

Total votes: 12

RELATED
PRODUCTS

If it is possible to modify the tab from within AG guitar i'd go for a tab to midi otherwise strummer to midi...
edit... well I can modify the tab after I export to midi :oops:
tab to midi!

How do we actually vote on this poll? Like most non-technical guitarists (I imagine), I'd go for Strummer to MIDI

Cellar wrote:How do we actually vote on this poll? Like most non-technical guitarists (I imagine), I'd go for Strummer to MIDI
You must be logged in to vote (I just voted--Strummer to Midi)
Rankonfile
| Forte 3 | BloXpander | Cubase 7
Plugins used : NI Komplete 8 | Halion 5 | OrangeTreeSamples instruments | Omnisphere | SynthMaster 2.6 | Tone 2 Saurus | Lounge Lizard EP-4 | Stylus RMX - etc.

I would vote BOTH, whenever possible!

Yes the answer is both :)

Tux Guitar already has midi export, right?

arkmabat wrote:Tux Guitar already has midi export, right?
This can be done in real time. I think our strummer system offers more flexibility but you can try TuxGuitar to compare too. You can even use our plugin as midi input to drive other instruments.

I should try it before asking, but I wonder:
Can I run AGM 1.55 within a MIDI track that sets chords and strum patterns, and from this generate ANOTHER MIDI file with standard notes, such that another VSTi could understand it?
Also, when converting a tab, how does the conversion to MIDI handle FX, slides, noises, etc.?
I hope my questions are clear.

Yes, you can convert any notes (by playing keyboard, clicking on fretboard, playing strum, playing tab, etc) that sound into midi except noises and keyswitches. So only midi ranging from E1 to C5 will be sent out. This ensures it can also used for other instruments.

Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:Yes, you can convert any notes (by playing keyboard, clicking on fretboard, playing strum, playing tab, etc) that sound into midi except noises and keyswitches. So only midi ranging from E1 to C5 will be sent out. This ensures it can also used for other instruments.
This is ok if I want to use the midi with another instrument.

But what if I wanted to use a tab as midi for AGM? I will lose noises and keyswitches too?

pumafred wrote:
Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote:Yes, you can convert any notes (by playing keyboard, clicking on fretboard, playing strum, playing tab, etc) that sound into midi except noises and keyswitches. So only midi ranging from E1 to C5 will be sent out. This ensures it can also used for other instruments.
This is ok if I want to use the midi with another instrument.

But what if I wanted to use a tab as midi for AGM? I will lose noises and keyswitches too?
Yes. Because tab system works in a somehow different way from midi. So you need to add by your own. Also, you need to use capoman in some places to make sure you're in same position with tab.

Jie Chen[Ample Sound] wrote: Yes. Because tab system works in a somehow different way from midi. So you need to add by your own. Also, you need to use capoman in some places to make sure you're in same position with tab.
Ok, but I would think that if, say, AGM, can read the tab keyswitches and other instructions, it should be posiible to convert them into midi keyswitches for AGM also. (This would make them editable as midi.)
Am I missing something?

All articulations of tab are surely supported and some of them can be converted to midi keyswitches. But still some are not due to our different ways of processing tab and midi. Another consideration is that if you want use our plugin to drive other instruments, it's better to keep only notes that really sound. Nevertheless, editing on exported midi should save you a lot of time than creating something from empty.

Thanks!

Return to “Ample Sound”