Froth - ElectroProg (Seismic Tonic)

Share your music, collaborate, and partake in monthly music contests.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

This took about 8 hours to record in November 2010, and is probably one of the most minimal pieces I ever made. The December 2013 Edit/Remix/Master took a further 10 hours, but was fairly straighforward. Lots of GTG synths on here. Lightweight chillout pop, I think. Named in honour of a floating apparition associated with one of my favourite beverages.

EDIT:20211112 - mp3 link removed

Little Frothy Clouds:-

http://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/froth

Gadgets and gizmos:-

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.4/Remixed in EnergyXT2.7beta

Bojo Organ One
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
GTG 44 S
GTG FM4
GTG MX2008
GTG WS 2
Hades XT
IK CSR
5ORCERY
EnergyXT Delay
SDRR
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 12

EDIT:20211119: - Remixed in 2021 - This was a cosmetic remix, although I replaced a GTG WS 2part with IL Harmor. I tweaked the instrument levels to add emphasis to a couple of synths, and used EQuivocate to tame the resonance in one of the synth parts. I made some changes to the panning too. I replaced SDRR with Satin and then mastered in T-Racks5

https://soundcloud.com/whatsisname/frot ... ks5-master

Recorded in EnergyXT2.5.4/Remixed in EnergyXT2.7/Mastered in T-Racks 5

Bojo Organ One
EnergyXT Drum Sampler
GTG 44 S
GTG FM4
GTG MX2008
Hades XT
IL Harmor
IK CSR
5ORCERY
EnergyXT Delay
Satin
T-Racks Linear Phase EQ
T-Racks Opto Compressor
T-Racks Vintage Equalizer
T-Racks Brickwall Limiter

DR - 11
Last edited by seismic1 on Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

:love: Effortlessly effervescent! A perfect electro-pop gem. Simple but very attractive riffs throughout. A Seismic classic and it is less than 6 minutes. :o

Lots of space in the mix making it a pleasure to listen. These GTG synths seem to suit you.

However, there is a conundrum. Both this and Recant are labeled track 4 of Concert Rust. :?:

nice one Tim! Tim is NOT dead! no no!!!! this is easily one of your best, dreamy vibes, creamy organs
and tight drums and bass. now that the obxd gui is done, this was a great track to sit back and groove to :D
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

This is a lovely tune. Good stuff.

Frantz wrote::love: Effortlessly effervescent! A perfect electro-pop gem. Simple but very attractive riffs throughout. A Seismic classic and it is less than 6 minutes. :o

Lots of space in the mix making it a pleasure to listen. These GTG synths seem to suit you.

However, there is a conundrum. Both this and Recant are labeled track 4 of Concert Rust. :?:
Thanks very much for listening and commenting, Frantz. Glad you liked it :)

This is definitely simpler than many of my other tracks, with a less dense set of instruments/sounds, which probably creates the impression of space. I do like those GTG synths.

Recant was supposed to be track 3, but inflation got the better of me :dog:

Tappity tapitty tap tap.

As I said elswhere :D :hihi:
It wasn't me! (well, actually, it probably was) - apparently now an 'elderly' so maybe I forgot!

This has a real minimal sound, but that´s what makes
it so pleasant.
Really like the bassline Tim ;-)

(( D ))

layzer wrote:nice one Tim! Tim is NOT dead! no no!!!! this is easily one of your best, dreamy vibes, creamy organs
and tight drums and bass. now that the obxd gui is done, this was a great track to sit back and groove to :D
No, I've just been taking it easy (a bit too easy, some might say).

Glad you liked this, layzer, and thanks very much for listening :) The next one is already mixed and mastered. A little darker, a little more energetic than this. By the end of March, I should be making some new tracks.

I might get to check out obxd as well.

nice use of builds and sounds for the drum trac. cool upbeat theme with room to breathe,I liked the subtleness of the arrangement, I could work to it, lol
pleasantly listenable

i like it! it's very light, but not in a bad way. i could picture this as the perfect background music for the select screens of a good 90s video game. :) (which is of course meant as a compliment.)

Ok, I see we're back up and running…

Very different vibe for you here Tim, lighter and more introspective. Nicely integrated groove! The organ is perfect here and the synth work is tasty as always. Good stuff!
Image Image

:neutral:

Nice. Very cool bass, and I like the floaty EP sound. Enjoyed it. Thanks, seismic1.
No longer a moderator.

rkg456 wrote:This is a lovely tune. Good stuff.
Thanks very much for listening and commenting. Glad you liked it :)

folderol wrote:Tappity tapitty tap tap.

As I said elswhere :D :hihi:
Thanks very much for checkin' 'er out, Will. Probably not a driving tune, then :wink:

Return to “Music Cafe”