What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Presswerk update?

Official support for: u-he.com

Moderator: Urs

KVRian

1450 posts since 28 Dec, 2007

Postby analoguesamples909; Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:26 am Presswerk update?

I was just reading the interview with Sascha on Variety of Sound blog which is very interesting. I have taken a great interest in the nature of plugin and hardware compression over the last couple of years and it sounds like Sascha has a real deep understanding of analogue gear as well as creative approach. Im very much looking fwd to hear how this processor comes out and would love an update if its possible.

I'll also say of course it would be great if it came out before some competition rhyming with 'Late' comes out...but as usual - this UHe offering will be a modern kick ass design not riding on the coat tails in a copying emulation manner...like Satin was...
Urs
u-he

16444 posts since 7 Aug, 2002, from Berlin

Postby Urs; Mon Jan 13, 2014 4:00 pm Re: Presswerk update?

Sascha is currently involved in the final stages of Bazille (spring reverb)

Presswerk had a long time to be thought about and we're going to discuss a few conceptual enhancements before it's going into a final development stage.

There's a good chance for a release in 2014 though ;)
KVRian

1450 posts since 28 Dec, 2007

Postby analoguesamples909; Tue Jan 14, 2014 9:02 am Re: Presswerk update?

cool ok thanks Urs 8)
KVRer

28 posts since 20 Feb, 2014, from Paris - FRANCE

Postby kj.metissage; Sun Feb 23, 2014 10:35 am Re: Presswerk update?

Urs wrote:We've decided to revise the concept or Presswerk. As it was, it's too complicated to be beneficial.

Hi,

I just saw that Urs posted this about Presswerk.

What does that mean ? That this über-compressor will never be released ?

That so sad, I had high hopes for it. Was on top of my "new gear to absolutely check out when released" list :(.

Well, I think that a GUI with the basic controls, and an "Advanced" mode that can be hidden at the bottom of the interface woud make sense, IMHO.

Please keep the concept of making it a "power user" compressor.

Maybe doing something like Klanghelm DC8C 2, with different "simple" modes, and an advanced one.
KVRian

813 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from Berlin, Germany

Postby sascha; Mon Feb 24, 2014 3:30 am Re: Presswerk update?

Since Presswerk - in its current state - is a highly flexible dynamics tool and hosts lots of controls, making it a successful and fun-to-use product is highly about getting the visual interface and the workflow right. I might change a few things under the hood (mainly ninlinear aspects), but the main work is making it actually look and feel nice. It doesn't have to be yet another bloated fx monster when you can have it much more appealing and inviting.
The 'mode' thing is a valid point, we might come up with something similar or hide stuff you don't need every time you launch it.
I'll be on the case with Basti soon, but atm we both are occupied with other ongoing work. We're eager to return to Presswerk asap, that's for sure.
Sascha Eversmeier
u-he | digitalfishphones | samplitude (past)
KVRian

1358 posts since 15 Oct, 2008, from Germany

Postby paterpeter; Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:35 am Re: Presswerk update?

I'm eagerly waiting for Bazille, but still a question about Presswerk: you called it "dynamics tool", so will it be usable as an expander and gate, too?
KVRer

28 posts since 20 Feb, 2014, from Paris - FRANCE

Postby kj.metissage; Mon Feb 24, 2014 5:25 am Re: Presswerk update?

sascha wrote:Since Presswerk - in its current state - is a highly flexible dynamics tool and hosts lots of controls, making it a successful and fun-to-use product is highly about getting the visual interface and the workflow right. I might change a few things under the hood (mainly ninlinear aspects), but the main work is making it actually look and feel nice. It doesn't have to be yet another bloated fx monster when you can have it much more appealing and inviting.
The 'mode' thing is a valid point, we might come up with something similar or hide stuff you don't need every time you launch it.
I'll be on the case with Basti soon, but atm we both are occupied with other ongoing work. We're eager to return to Presswerk asap, that's for sure.

That's reassuring. Thanks for taking the time to reply.
KVRist

245 posts since 16 May, 2007, from Berlin

Postby medienhexer; Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:16 pm Re: Presswerk update?

I want hidden pots on the PCB ;)

Seriously, though, really looking forward to trying Presswerk
..off to play with my music toys - see my site for results of my ongoing artistic struggle.
http://grannysrecipe.bandcamp.com/track/forgotten
KVRist

Postby medienhexer; Mon Feb 24, 2014 2:21 pm Re: Presswerk update?

Urs wrote:Sascha is currently involved in the final stages of Bazille (spring reverb

Want. In. uhbik. Please!
..off to play with my music toys - see my site for results of my ongoing artistic struggle.
KVRist

282 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Postby david.beholder; Mon Feb 24, 2014 4:26 pm Re: Presswerk update?

Urs wrote:Sascha is currently involved in the final stages of Bazille (spring reverb)

Sorry for offtopic, but doesn't it mean that Bazille is planned to be released in 2014? :party:
Image Sincerely yours, Wyatt Fokkilokk
KVRist

Postby medienhexer; Tue Feb 25, 2014 10:45 am Re: Presswerk update?

david.beholder wrote:
Urs wrote:Sascha is currently involved in the final stages of Bazille (spring reverb)

Sorry for offtopic, but doesn't it mean that Bazille is planned to be released in 2014? :party:

Well, actually it means that this year's Bazille Beta will gain a spring reverb at least. ;)
KVRist

282 posts since 12 Sep, 2007

Postby david.beholder; Tue Feb 25, 2014 5:30 pm Re: Presswerk update?

medienhexer wrote:
david.beholder wrote:

Well, actually it means that this year's Bazille Beta will gain a spring reverb at least. ;)

And since betas are released once a year, we're not going to see it till 2015? :-o
Image Sincerely yours, Wyatt Fokkilokk
KVRian

Postby sascha; Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:13 am Re: Presswerk update?

Ok, we're in Berlin, but we're not participating in the embarrassing airport project... so I assume it'll be long before 2016 ;)
Sascha Eversmeier
KVRian

1358 posts since 15 Oct, 2008, from Germany

Postby paterpeter; Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:39 am Re: Presswerk update?

Hey, that would be great - airport UHE in place of BER.
KVRian

Postby sascha; Wed Feb 26, 2014 1:46 am Re: Presswerk update?

paterpeter wrote:Hey, that would be great - airport UHE in place of BER.

Ah... UHE isn't taken yet :)
Sascha Eversmeier
Next

Moderator: Urs

Return to u-he