Bug reports

Official support for: musicdevelopments.com
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
Fyler RapidComposer

Yes, this is indeed strange. I tested this with only a few DAWs but I have no access to Cubase.
When you release the mouse button, is that when the window appears again?
I realized that different DAWs behave differently when a child window is inserted into the host-provided window. E.g. for Reaper I had to add a workaround to offset the child window vertically, because Reaper places buttons and menus at the top of the plug-in window. Maybe I do something wrong because other VST plug-ins work well.
I consider this function experimental, but I try to find a reason why this happens with Cubase.
To be honest a few weeks ago I did not think that embedding the RapidComposer window was possible at all.
Thanks for uploading the video!
Attila
https://www.musicdevelopments.com
Home of RapidComposer, Melodya, MIDI Mutator and Syne
All software 40% off during the Anniversary Sale until April 29!

musicdevelopments wrote: When you release the mouse button, is that when the window appears again?
Attila
No, not when I release the mouse button. I have to click again to bring it back.

quoting: "To be honest a few weeks ago I did not think that embedding the RapidComposer window was possible at all." -
I would like to thank you, Attila, yet again and again for laborious enhancements of your nice program and the last addon (implementing of embedding RC-vst window inside host) is a long-waited one :)
At first I didn't find this new feature (BTW, just a small request to you for the future - please inform us briefly after such updates how exactly some tricky new functions could be used or applied ;)), but after some searches I got it finally (in settings tab).
Now everything looks fine in Ableton (which I prefer to use as a DAW). May be this feature is not yet universal for all DAWs, but at least I am very satisfied (sorry, Mr. JFK ;))
Wish you a belated Happy New Year,
t.

Cubase has a very different implementation of child windows from most DAWs. I know that when the main window loses focus, all the child windows disappear. There has always been a lot of discussion about this as some features like drag and drop are awkward (you have to drag over the program icon in the task bar in windows to bring back focus to Cubase for the 'drop'). On the other hand, it permits multiple elaborate saving of different windows workspaces on multiple monitors. It may be that this feature will not work in Cubase.
Help! I've fallen up and can't get down!

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Hi Attila,

I've been using RC for about three weeks now ... awesome tool ... I shudder to think what this thing will be able to do in a couple of years from now ... but I digress. I've got an issue with "dividing and joining" chord sections (adding and deleting chords?) via double click on the master track. In the VSTI (both 32 and 64 bit), double clicking always "divides" and adds a new chord ... I can never get rid of a chord once added via "division".

This is not the case with the stand alone apps. The "dividing and joining" chord sections via double click on the master track functionality works as advertised.

I apologize if this has been reported already ... I didn't take time to search the forum thoroughly.

- RC full version
- Windows 7 64 bit
- Cubase Studio 5.5 (32 and 64 bit)

Thanks,
Jimmy D.

When I loop play in standalone the composition vertical scroll resets to the top of the composition window on returning to beginning of the loop point.

In other words, if I have stretched the vertical track height of a track that is below the top top of the window when scrolled to the top and then scroll down to work with that window, when the transport returns to the beginning of the loop point, the scroll bar moves to the top and I can no longer see the track I am working on.

Win7 x64 Dual Dualcore Xeon 3.0 Ghz 16 GB Ram. Cubase 6, RapidComposer, BIAB, Abelton 6, Acid Pro 6,Roland XV5080 & Super JD, E-Mu CS PX7, Korg Radias R and MI-EX R, ASR-X Turbo, UAD 2 Quads, stuff.

Hi Jimmy,

no, this hasn't been reported yet, although I have no idea why it behaves like that. I tried the same in Reaper and StudioOne and it worked. Anyway I added the following: if you hold down the Alt key, a single click will split and glue the chords, so you don't have to double-click if you don't want to or it does not work. Ctrl and Shift are already used for selection.
This fix will be included in the next bug-fix update in a few days, but if you'd like (and because it must be annoying) I can send you the latest version today.

Thanks,
Attila

Hi como baila,
>When I loop play in standalone the composition vertical scroll resets to the top of the composition window on returning to beginning of the loop point.
This is already fixed in v2.54.

However you gave me a good idea in your post about how Cubase handles child windows, so hopefully the next version will work well in Cubase...

Thanks,
Attila

musicdevelopments wrote:Hi como baila,
>When I loop play in standalone the composition vertical scroll resets to the top of the composition window on returning to beginning of the loop point.
This is already fixed in v2.54.

However you gave me a good idea in your post about how Cubase handles child windows, so hopefully the next version will work well in Cubase...

Thanks,
Attila
But this is happening on 2.54. :(

I'm sorry, you are right. It was not fixed when playback involved switching pages.
I fixed this a minute ago and confirmed that it really works ;)

Thanks!
Attila

You're the 'Champion' of responsive development, Attila!

Now when are we going to get standalone with multimidi ports? :)

Also ... for what it's worth ... there seems to be a problem with midi notes at the beginning of the loop point at return to loop point.

I thought before this was just an issue with VSTi playback in Cubase. But yesterday when looping it was clear that if any notes were at the very beginning of the loop start point they did not retrigger after looping back. If they were slightly offset on a different track then they played normally on looping.

(EDIT) ... I'm going to put this on hold, as later it seemed to work properly. Maybe I didn't have the loop drawn all the way to the start of the time line?

Hi como baila,

when you see this next time, please save the composition and send it to me.
This can happen because of an inaccurate calculation either in RC or the VST host. RC VST gets an audio sample count range which it needs to render. RC then converts this sample count to its internal beats+ticks representation to find if there are notes starting or ending in this sample count range.
Either the VST host calculates the wrong sample count for the loop starting point, or there is something inaccurate when RC calculates beats+ticks. I just checked the calculations and I believe they are correct.

Thanks,
Attila

"Zoom tracks vertically by Ctrl-drag or click-and-hold in the track header"
works great but useful track midi export gone now
:violin:

"It is possible to resize phrases by dragging the left edge"
"Phrase preview shows note accents/velocities by shading the notes"
still trying to figured it out :)

MIDI drag-and-drop still works, but you need to drag the track name instead of the whole track header frame as before. It is a good idea to check the Support page, where there are explanations for some of the new features.
"It is possible to resize phrases by dragging the left edge
Doesn't it work for you?
Phrase preview shows note accents/velocities by shading the notes
This is in the phrase generator preview.
Thanks for the additional staccato phrases, Yıldırım!

Attila

Return to “MusicDevelopments”