Obxd synthesizer

VST, AU, AAX, CLAP, etc. Plugin Virtual Instruments Discussion
Post Reply New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS
OB-Xd - Virtual Analog Synthesizer

layzer wrote:2DAT and I are proud to present

drum roll....................................................

.......OBXD WITH the 12 'oclock DOT!! :party:

http://s27.postimg.org/53ni2f577/OBXD.png
Thanks Layzer. I stoped posting about it because I was pretty sure you would end up putting them :wink:
Keep up the good work. Can't wait to try OB-Xd dressed with your GUI.
Fernando (FMR)

Crap... Dare I say it? I will because I haven't weighed in on anything GUI in a while: the dots are bigger and darker in this last version than the previous ones, where they were ligher and less obtrusive. Now it looks like the GUI has the measles... the main knobs are a hair smaller too... compare one with the other... IMO it was fine before... :help:

Breeze wrote:Crap... Dare I say it? I will because I haven't weighed in on anything GUI in a while: the dots are bigger and darker in this last version than the previous ones, where they were ligher and less obtrusive. Now it looks like the GUI has the measles... the main knobs are a hair smaller too... compare one with the other... IMO it was fine before... :help:
:smack: :smack: :smack: :smack:
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Kriminal wrote:
Teksonik wrote:
Kriminal wrote:I prefer the gui-less version

You mean this one ? :hihi:

Yes much better............ :tu: :lol:
no, that has a gui...
Oh you mean the one run from the Command Line Interface ?
None are so hopelessly enslaved as those who falsely believe they are free. Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Breeze wrote:Crap... Dare I say it? I will because I haven't weighed in on anything GUI in a while: the dots are bigger and darker in this last version than the previous ones, where they were ligher and less obtrusive. Now it looks like the GUI has the measles... the main knobs are a hair smaller too... compare one with the other... IMO it was fine before... :help:
Another DOTarazzi conspiracy!

This is a comparison of the same knob on the last two GUIs. I included a huge magnified version.

A 12 o'clock dot was added. The other dots are the same size, brightness, and location.

:dog:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

Thanks Layzer and 2DaT! Looks fantastic! :tu:

Now, we can focus on the sound and functionality!

welllllll, the original hw ob-x dots are in fact smaller. sooooo

i present to you.....

timpani roll........

OBXD...... now with smaller, less obtrusive dots! :party:

http://s27.postimg.org/ajayywb9v/OBXD.png

but dont bet your life it will keep them, 2D may like the bolder ones :scared:
Last edited by layzer on Wed Jan 15, 2014 1:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
HW SYNTHS [KORG T2EX - AKAI AX80 - YAMAHA SY77 - ENSONIQ VFX]
HW MODULES [OBi M1000 - ROLAND MKS-50 - ROLAND JV880 - KURZ 1000PX]
SW [CHARLATAN - OBXD - OXE - ELEKTRO - MICROTERA - M1 - SURGE - RMiV]
DAW [ENERGY XT2/1U RACK WINXP / MAUDIO 1010LT PCI]

Strange behavior when I turn PWM in the LFO modulation section to a value beyond 12 o'clock, it makes my DAW crash as soon as I activate any osc as a target while PM in the osc section is also beyond 12 o'clock.
Last edited by fluffy_little_something on Tue Jan 14, 2014 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

the 12 oclock dots are too far to the left by 0.00003 of a micron.

layzer wrote:OBXD...... now with smaller, less obtrusive dots! :party:

but dont bet your life it will keep them, 2D may like the bolder ones :scared:
B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!! Yes, it's up to 2DaT like always, but frankly the focus should be on the controls not on the dots, although honestly I do appreciate that dot at 12-o'clock. The dots should be a visual guide not a visual imposition. Anyone that's spent any time with synths knows that the magic is somewhere between the dots and is only found by following your ears.

BTW Franz, there was a difference between this version's dot size and "A" previous version. Somewhere along the line the size must have changed and I didn't notice it till "12'oclock" rolled in.

Anyway... barring any re-shuffling because of new parameters, that's the VERY LAST THING I'm ever going to comment about regarding this GUI! There are still things that bother me, particularly with the grouping of the osc controls where concessions were made to visual symmetry over functional grouping, but it DOESN'T MATTER because they're all close enough to manage while you work and as long as you know where they are and what they do, it's fine.

It looks great. I think we've done good. ;)

fluffy_little_something wrote:Strange behavior when I turn PWM in the LFO modulation section to a value beyond 12 o'clock, it makes my DAW crash as soon as I activate any osc as a target while PM in the osc section is also beyond 12 o'clock.
This is good stuff and what we should be concentrating on now. I think this might be host specific because I haven't encountered this at all.

I have noticed that when you "power down" the obxd holding a note, it'll still be sounding when you turn it back on. Notes should be killed when the synth is powered down.

Nice, but I would like to see lines instead of dots... JUST KIDDING! :lol:

It would be better if we continued with the serious stuff like what Fluffy said - crashes and something that actually impairs sound and real functionality. :D You know, it's a synthesiser. It produces SOUND. That is when it works stably. You should all concentrate more on the sound and stability. For me it works perfectly in Reaper and EnergyXT so far. no complaints at all. :) I said already that I'm simply amazed by 2DaTs work as some people produce such garbage code these days... and bloat upon bloat of bloat. Especially because he said that it's his first VSTi. You man deserve some real cudos! :) and you deserve some bashing too as you have avoided doing this kind of work for too long! :lol: This baby is just so nice in comparison to so many other free and even commercial offerings. And limited in a good way. :D I can personally only compare OBXD to Full Bucket's babies that I really love also.
Last edited by DuX on Wed Jan 15, 2014 12:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
It is no measure of health to be well adjusted to a profoundly sick society. - Jiddu Krishnamurti

I'm completely fine leaving it as-is, I understand what it means, but "Transpose" versus "Xpose" might be helpful to newbies. Layzer and 2Dat, if you feel like it's a change worth making: great. If not, no problem.

Functional request:

I'd like to see more range on the master volume knob. I'm noticing about a +6db between 12 o'clock and max, and with some patches, that's not enough. Would like to see at least another +6db added on to the range of the knob.

Return to “Instruments”