Last night Melda saved my Life!

Official support for: meldaproduction.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Not exactly last night but during Christmas! I packed my laptop and installed some music software to catch some inspiration while being in the middle of nowhere during the Christmas break. Stupid me, I forgot to save the license code for my Melda bundle! I flicked them an email and asked if they can resend it. Within 24 hours, they replied back including my license code. I honestly didn't expect to hear back right after Christmas - but Melda did it!

Thanks again Melda, love your work! :hug:
:tu:

I've been revisiting Vojtech's work.
The multi-band delay is just sick sick sick.

Plus, been loving the fact I have true stereo and more with the MMultiBandConvolution
Plus the MMultiBandReverb is just amazing with its gate function.

These plugins are so powerful.

And they have Eq's as well.

Plus all the modulation stuff.

Of course the plugins are overpriced like Waves.

It makes you feel as if you are getting a bargain in the sale.

But these are seriously powerful and under rated plugins.

Get the MFreeEffectsBundle

It is worth getting for the EQ alone. A really really superb EQ

Thank you folks! :love:

Btw. codec_spurt you meant "not overpriced" right? :D
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

or underpriced ? :)
You can't always get what you waaaant...

I like the Melda stuff, too :-)

The only thing I don't like is the descriptions of the plugs on the webpage. Too much "this is the plugin you always wanted" and too little "it has features x,y,z which are realized through technology a,b,c." I want to know, what exactly does each plugin and what is a typical use case. And how does it compare to other similar plugins. There are several similar plugins (like MCompressor, MModernCompressor, MDynamics), and I have a hard time to tell what is really the difference between them. The descriptions seem almost identical.

Oh, and there is one problem that is even bigger (the first one is really only relevant when buying one, not when using one): some plugs have a ton of presets that belong to the "extreme FX" corner while they have very few sensible (reasonable?) presets that can be used in a real life production. MMultiBandChorus is such a case. The technology allows really good stuff, unobtrusive smooth chorus, but the presets don't live up to this, there are just a handful of decent ones and the rest is cranked up effects. Those are nice, no doubt, but I miss more clean and sweet presets.

Maybe Vojtech you can organize a preset contest? To bring some life to the preset community? I think that would be awesome. :-)

Well, to the first comment - the plugins are really too deep to mention every feature. It's not like the plugins most people are used to.

To the second - well, that's what active presets are for!! Just don't go to the presets, where there's lots of stuff, and just check the main easy screen. When you look at what for example chorus is used like, you will probably end up using the first 3 active presets, that's it! That's because other plugins really can do this, at most. But since we have the power to do much more than that, we should!

And for the record, I personally hate all the plugins such as equalizers with presets for "equalizing snare drum". It makes absolutely no sense since every recording is different, this is just making the customers fools and selling more stuff claiming "this plugin will do a miraculous stuff to your snare drum". That's what is not going to happen here! ;)
Vojtech
MeldaProduction MSoundFactory MDrummer MCompleteBundle The best plugins in the world :D

And the preset contest - I'm afraid I have extremely bad experiences with user presets. I'd say 1%-3% are actually usable, and that's not an exaggeration!
Vojtech

It seems that the detail of a plugin descriptions is inversely proportional to the number of plugins a company has. Waves' plugin descriptions are also too short. Smaller companies that have just half a dozen plugins usually sport very detailled descriptions, which I like.

As to the user presets, I would expect that only the top few percent are good. But if the contest is done with audio demos, so the community can quickly listen to every user preset, and vote, then I guess the best presets would quickly gather at the top of the list :-)

But that wouldn't really work - it's not just about presets. What works for drums may not work for guitars. I guess you see where I'm heading. Anyway I had the same positive attitude like you do years ago, and I was trying over and over, and eventually I resigned. Not saying that this doesn't work at all, there are very capable people, but 95% just want things for free and either not deliver anything (usually, stopping communication or coming up with silly excuses) or a complete crap. That's why MXXX is so delayed. Ok, that's an extreme example, because it's like the most advanced effect on earth, but still. I decided to go for people who I know are good only. I may try some other preset action, a contest sounds reasonable, but I personally don't believe in it anymore.
Vojtech

MeldaProduction wrote:... either not deliver anything (usually, stopping communication or coming up with silly excuses) ...
That's me and you're damned right!

Well, not about the excuse to be precise. ;)

Anyway, it's a pity that it didn't work out with the MXXXXX beta.

It's you?? I knew that! :D :D
Vojtech

But I'm not alone, for sure! :D

CableChannel wrote:Oh, and there is one problem that is even bigger (the first one is really only relevant when buying one, not when using one): some plugs have a ton of presets that belong to the "extreme FX" corner while they have very few sensible (reasonable?) presets that can be used in a real life production. MMultiBandChorus is such a case. The technology allows really good stuff, unobtrusive smooth chorus, but the presets don't live up to this, there are just a handful of decent ones and the rest is cranked up effects. Those are nice, no doubt, but I miss more clean and sweet presets.

Maybe Vojtech you can organize a preset contest? To bring some life to the preset community? I think that would be awesome. :-)
That's true. Recently I made a song and I thought "Okay, let's try MMultiBandChorus instead of the other chorus plugs" -- I found loads of presets with extreme settings (and crazy preset names) that sounded like a helicopter but I didn't found an usable preset for a simple female chorus line.

So I gave up - because I didn't want to try weeks to create a great chorus - and chose the TAL-Chorus-LX instead. Just a few adjustments and it worked.

I would be happy about more real-life production-ready SUBTLE presets.

On a side note (speaking about the non-existing MXXX presets): consider, Vojtech, that you've set high demands and confirm it here again. You don't want "regular", bread&butter presets but claim for ... what exactly? I remember with MXXX it was "creative" settings which imho headed to the output of known Sugar Bytes' plugs (Effectrix, Artillery). Definately possible with MXXX once the user made his way thru the overwhelming options.

Does it mean they (the presets) were self-explanatory? Not at all. The "master"-page can't solve it either. Reminds me to the beloved VAZ Modular. One can do anything with it but don't show your patch to other people. They won't understand it without intense studying.

P.S. Somehow the discarded GUI-tool had a similar handwriting to MXXX. Incredible detail, killing usability. And I remember that you optimized MDrummer refering to that aspect one day...

Return to “MeldaProduction”