Say ahh

Official support for: u-he.com
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Great to see you (and your sounds) back!!

mkastrup wrote:a good clean "ah" needs at least 4 filters, 5 filters is better since it will improve the lower keys. Anyways 4 filters can do it pretty nice with Z2
Any reason not to also add the two filters in the fx grid (for a monophonic patch)?

You say "Ah", I say "Wow" :tu: Formant synthesis allows for some really new sounds. Can you elaborate a little more about the patching, or is it still in the secret book of recipes?
Fernando (FMR)

You can also use a sync oscillator to created fixed formants by disabling or defeating the keyfollow of the higher oscillator, though on synths which use a virtual 2nd oscillator this is a lot trickier to pull off - this is one of the benefits of being able to sync one oscillator to another as opposed to self-sync.
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

hakey wrote:
mkastrup wrote:a good clean "ah" needs at least 4 filters, 5 filters is better since it will improve the lower keys. Anyways 4 filters can do it pretty nice with Z2
Any reason not to also add the two filters in the fx grid (for a monophonic patch)?
The filters have to be added in PARALLEL:

SAW waveform --> Filter 1
|--> Filter 2
|--> Filter 3
|--> Filter 4

If done in SERIE the you will only alter on the input you get from the former filter:

SAW waveform --> Filter 1 --> Filter 2 --> Filter 3 --> Filter 4

Adding a FX filter will be serie and thus no good.

/Michael
www.xsynth.com - Sound Synthesis with Vintage flavour

zvenx wrote:Michael any plans for some presets for Diva 1.3? I have simply replaced the uhbie filter in some of your diva factory presets and it took already great presets to a completely different level.

rsp
Nopes, no presets for DIVA, i do like DIVA but experimental synthesis is best done using Zebra so i stick to that one :)

/Michael

got ya.
thanks for your response (even if it wasn't the answer I wanted to hear :-)).

Looking forward to your next Zebra Magic, it was one of your banks that finally convinced me after trying zebra out for about 5 times (demo, nope don't like it, dump, ppl keep raving about it, I must be missing something, demo, nope I dont' get it, dump ), that finally made me 'get it' and buy it. A decision I have never once regretted. :-)
thanks for that.

rsp
sound sculptist

mkastrup wrote:Adding a FX filter will be serie and thus no good.
Aah, I see.

fmr wrote:You say "Ah", I say "Wow" :tu: Formant synthesis allows for some really new sounds. Can you elaborate a little more about the patching, or is it still in the secret book of recipes?
Ahhh the recipe, well sure but DONT forget to experiment. That recipe is just particular good for making "AH", it might be useful for other formants but i have not come around to that yet.

Try turn off all filters and then add them one by one to hear the details get enhanced in the formant.

http://www.xsynth.com/demos/MK_Formant_Ah.zip

Right now i'm trying to create a "oo" using same setup.

/Michael

Sounds nice.
You can hear my original music at this link: https://www.soundclick.com/artist/defau ... dID=224436

mkastrup wrote:Right now i'm trying to create a "oo" using same setup.
I think it's time to subscribe to this thread... :)

mkastrup wrote:Been a while since i made some noise around here :) Was planning to return when Zebra 3 was released but that bugger seems to pull some tooths and leave us here with our hands in our laps. However i took Z2 for a spin for a new synthesis concept i'm working on and this is the result:

http://www.xsynth.com/demos/MK_Z2_2014_A.mp3

Can you say Ahhhhhh :P

/Michael
:clap:
Love that!
Rekkerd.org the latest news on audio plugins, sample libraries & virtual instruments, synth presets & more.
Don't click here if you can't control yourself!

Made some presets using that setup, link is in the original first post.

Have fun :)

/Michael

Very, very nice - love the tune & the sound :clap:

...and it reminded me that I had to put glide on one of my choir sounds so it sounded correct when playing legato :dog:

Allegri

EdHarvey wrote:Very, very nice - love the tune & the sound :clap:

...and it reminded me that I had to put glide on one of my choir sounds so it sounded correct when playing legato :dog:

Allegri
Thats also a nice sounding choir you got there, kinda like a humanized version of a PPG choir :)

/Michael

Return to “u-he”