What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRAF

5904 posts since 20 Jan, 2008, from Down on the farm

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:19 am Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

Just got an E-mail from Marillion that they were headed for a cruise.

So is that the end of old prog bands, to become the cruise ship entertainment?

http://cruisetotheedge.com/
'Beware of people who dislike cats' [Irish proverb]
addled muppet weed

33859 posts since 25 Jan, 2003, from through the looking glass

Postby vurt; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:24 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

just dont let "yes" do it, i imagine hundreds of people would be jumping overboard during one of ricks widdly solos! :hihi:
KVRAF

7249 posts since 12 Mar, 2012, from South Bavaria - near the alps... :-)

Postby Tricky-Loops; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:28 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

OMG, if they stomp to much while dancing, the whole ship will sink... :o

I wouldn't participate (except as musician if they paid me much) - because why do they have to make concerts on a cruise ship whilst they could make the same concerts on the beach where there is the spirit of the sea, too? Would be logistical much easier to make a concert on the beach without shipping all the food & beverages, freshwater, wastewater, excrements and garbage around the sea...
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:36 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

I just checked the prices, can get a cabin starting at about $1800

Not bad, not bad, if all meals are included, and four nights accommodation.

The line up is very good, like a who's who of 70's and 80's prog: Yes, Marillion, Steve Hackett, UK, Queensryche, Tangerine Dream, Renaissance, Saga, Patrick Moraz, PFM, etc etc
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:37 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

Tricky-Loops wrote:OMG, if they stomp to much while dancing, the whole ship will sink... :o

Most of the audience will probably be 50/60+

They wont stomp but gently nudge their whiskey glasses in appreciations of the acts :D

The acts need to watch their footwork though, last year Edgar Froese fell on the ice and broke his hip or something so Tangerine Dream had to cancel their participation then.
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRAF

4450 posts since 8 Feb, 2003, from London, UK

Postby pljones; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:38 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

vurt wrote:just dont let "yes" do it, i imagine hundreds of people would be jumping overboard during one of ricks widdly solos! :hihi:
"Cruise to the Edge" is a Yes-a-thon, as I understand it. It's like the weekender deals but on a boat, so riskier. And expensive. But with more bands.
addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:40 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

pljones wrote:
vurt wrote:just dont let "yes" do it, i imagine hundreds of people would be jumping overboard during one of ricks widdly solos! :hihi:
"Cruise to the Edge" is a Yes-a-thon, as I understand it. It's like the weekender deals but on a boat, so riskier. And expensive. But with more bands.

then i guess the sharks will get some good eating :hihi:
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:46 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

vurt wrote:
pljones wrote:
Guitar sharks love progressive rock... :love:

KVRian

1103 posts since 5 Nov, 2009

Postby arkmabat; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:51 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

pljones wrote:

Haha! I want to go listen to some Yes now. I admit some of their songs are hard to interpret sometimes though...
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:53 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

Tricky-Loops wrote:
vurt wrote:
pljones wrote:
Guitar sharks love progressive rock... :love:

Guess what guitars they're using?

addled muppet weed

Postby vurt; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:54 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

:lol:@ quoting yourself!
KVRAF

Postby Tricky-Loops; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:57 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

vurt wrote::lol:@ quoting yourself!
If you don't want to talk with me, I talk with myself... :x
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:58 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

Jon Anderson have had some health problems of late, but seems to be in good spirit: https://www.facebook.com/TheJonAnderson

:)
KVRAF

Postby Numanoid; Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:01 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

Tricky-Loops wrote:Guess what guitars they're using?

Propably bought from the same shop as Led Zep got their mudshark :lol:
KVRist

417 posts since 17 Jun, 2003, from UK 'ish

Postby Dunc; Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:01 am Re: Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

I presume there is a lift onboard that cruise ship...least that's where Tangerine Dream should be playing.:lol:

It would have to be a big lift though, but only just big enough to fit the band in...close the doors and not let them out until they promise to actually do some decent improvisational music again. :hihi:
Next

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Everything Else (Music related)