What is KVR Audio? | Submit News | Advertise | Developer Account

Options (Affects News & Product results only):

Format:
Include:
Quick Search KVR

"Quick Search" KVR Audio's Product Database, News Items, Developer Listings, Forum Topics and videos here. For advanced Product Database searching please use the full product search. For the forum you can use the phpBB forum search.

To utilize the power of Google you can use the integrated Google Site Search.

Products 0

Developers 0

News 0

Forum 0

Videos 0

Search  

New Roland "DANCE" hardware- AIRA TR-8, TB-3, VT-3, SYSTEM-1

Anything about hardware musical instruments.

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

KVRist

69 posts since 13 Dec, 2000, from San Francisco, CA, USA

Postby bioroid; Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:29 am Re: Roland "DANCE" hardware incoming - UPDATE! TR-08 and TB-

I have stapled my socks to my legs to make sure they stay on tight when these miracle boxes get announced at NAMM. I'm actually excited for these. I just hope the pricing is in the area of the Korg Volca boxes.
KVRist

126 posts since 30 Dec, 2004

Postby plastic; Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:47 am Re: Roland "DANCE" hardware incoming - UPDATE! TR-08 and TB-

It will be funny it it's nothing more than a crappy usb controller paired with some silly app.
KVRAF

7413 posts since 21 Mar, 2008, from Hannover, Germany

Postby Ingonator; Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:22 am Re: Roland "DANCE" hardware incoming - UPDATE! TR-08 and TB-

breakmixer wrote:Image

The colours (black/green) seem to fit nicely to my Waldorf Pulse 2... :)

Ingo
"Atmospheric Transients" for PPG Wave 3.V
"Analog vs Digital" for Blofeld
Win 7 64-bit / Live Suite 9.1.1 / Reaper 4.61
Motif ES 7 / Wavestation EX / Blofeld desktop / Pulse 2
KVRAF

9632 posts since 18 Jun, 2008, from Melbourne, Australia

Postby ZenPunkHippy; Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:26 am Re: Roland "DANCE" hardware incoming - UPDATE! TR-08 and TB-

IMO it's 99.99999999999% likely these are going to be digital recreations of the old classics.

:(
KVRAF

2266 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:39 am Re: Roland "DANCE" hardware incoming - UPDATE! TR-08 and TB-

ZenPunkHippy wrote:IMO it's 99.99999999999% likely these are going to be digital recreations of the old classics.

Never. It has to be analogue. Roland would never dare release a digital recreation only for it to fail miserabl….oh wait: http://web.archive.org/web/200304201354 ... lanet.html
No longer blank as Frank
Soundcloud
KVRAF

17912 posts since 1 Oct, 2001, from England

Postby Kriminal; Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:41 am Re: Roland "DANCE" hardware incoming - UPDATE! TR-08 and TB-

Whatever it is, it looks expensive...
M-Audio Venom Soundbank
Win 7 64bit - Orion V8.6 - Soundforge
Arturia MiniBrute/Yamaha CS5/CZ3000/M-Audio Venom/HT3000/VL-1/DR550/DR220A/Xenyx 1002
KVRian

708 posts since 25 Aug, 2009

Postby KrisM; Wed Jan 15, 2014 9:58 am Re: Roland "DANCE" hardware incoming - UPDATE! TR-08 and TB-

It's definitely not analog. Watch the video, you see the guy tweaking stuff on a computer screen and trying to do what appears to be matching sound/waveform on an oscilloscope.

Probably a controller for a plugin, or if it actually is stand alone hardware, it uses DSP at best, PCM at worst.
KVRian

763 posts since 8 Jan, 2012

Postby ChiTown24; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:07 am Re: Roland "DANCE" hardware incoming - UPDATE! TR-08 and TB-

Krism, I was just about to comment on the same thing {obvious computer usage etc}. I'm just hoping that is a red herring, and you've fallen for it :)

Anyway, the preemptive slagging is lame. "oh look at me, i'm elite jaded synthesist expert, i can make roland jokes because i am super synth history expert and roland make accordions lolz". it's office humour, but with synths instead of operating systems.

at least wait until the specs are out before slating it :)

as far as the interface is concerned, I think it's a win. Faders on a drum machine at last. Skippy endless encoders can suck it.

still hoping for analogue, maybe some kind of hybrid DCO type compromises.

If it is going to be digital, I'm betting they're going to go with some kind of brute power 'non-linear topology preserving zero delay feedback' etc type of modelling.

but, from what we know for certain so far - a glimpse at the interface - it's a win so far IMO.

haters gonna hate :)

and yep - it does look expensive!
KVRian

Postby KrisM; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:30 am Re: New Roland "DANCE" hardware - 'AIRA' TR-08 {and TB-03 ?}

I may have fallen for it indeed, if this is legit. Saw it on Elektronauts via MatrixSynth twitter.

Or it's a "bogus placeholder ad" as it was pointed out to be using a Korg power supply (although really, as long as the pins match up a power supply is a power supply?)
KVRAF

4126 posts since 14 Nov, 2008, from UK

Postby breakmixer; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:37 am Re: New Roland "DANCE" hardware - 'AIRA' TR-08 {and TB-03 ?}

KrisM wrote:I may have fallen for it indeed, if this is legit. Saw it on Elektronauts via MatrixSynth twitter.

Or it's a "bogus placeholder ad" as it was pointed out to be using a Korg power supply (although really, as long as the pins match up a power supply is a power supply?)

That description sounds like the volca beats. it's a mock up joke!

it is 193 x 115 x 45mm, that is defo the Volca dimensions!

I'm glad it's a joke because the price is a joke on that mock up!
Last edited by breakmixer on Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:02 am, edited 1 time in total.
KVRian

Postby KrisM; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:38 am Re: New Roland "DANCE" hardware - 'AIRA' TR-08 {and TB-03 ?}

breakmixer wrote:That description sounds like the volca beats. it's a mock up joke!

Signs are pointing to yes. I'm sticking to my original thoughts on it, and am done speculating or even seeking more 'teasers'/rumors. I'm sure it will be shown at NAMM in a week and a half.
KVRAF

2266 posts since 8 Jun, 2009, from UK

Postby Gamma-UT; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:43 am Re: New Roland "DANCE" hardware - 'AIRA' TR-08 {and TB-03 ?}

breakmixer wrote:
KrisM wrote:That description sounds like the volca beats. it's a mock up joke!

It would be quite funny though. Yes! We're going to charge you seven hundred notes for an analogue machine that emulates the TR-808 in minute detail. But we've only given you stereo outs and a headphone jack. So, good luck running that kick through a separate effects chain.
No longer blank as Frank
Soundcloud
KVRAF

4126 posts since 14 Nov, 2008, from UK

Postby breakmixer; Wed Jan 15, 2014 10:49 am Re: New Roland "DANCE" hardware - 'AIRA' TR-08 {and TB-03 ?}

KrisM wrote:
breakmixer wrote:That description sounds like the volca beats. it's a mock up joke!

Signs are pointing to yes. I'm sticking to my original thoughts on it, and am done speculating or even seeking more 'teasers'/rumors. I'm sure it will be shown at NAMM in a week and a half.

Yeah and at the same time the Yocto 808 clone parts may come into stock to be shipped, my name is on the list to buy, now this comes out!

I think I'm gonna have to use all my ten smilies allowance!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :dog:
KVRAF

1913 posts since 12 Jun, 2004

Postby mztk; Wed Jan 15, 2014 11:06 am Re: New Roland "DANCE" hardware - 'AIRA' TR-08 {and TB-03 ?}

700 notes is kinda groovebox pricing; the original cost what ,
about 900 quid on release?

the thing is, you don't need analogue to do 808 BD, do you? its all low frequency.
the hihats claps and snares are where it usually tells. still, nice to get a real
analogue and not some soundcard with knobs on.
PreviousNext

Moderator: Moderators (Main)

Return to Hardware (Instruments and Effects)