New Roland "DANCE" hardware- AIRA TR-8, TB-3, VT-3, SYSTEM-1

Anything about hardware musical instruments.
Locked New Topic
RELATED
PRODUCTS

I have stapled my socks to my legs to make sure they stay on tight when these miracle boxes get announced at NAMM. I'm actually excited for these. I just hope the pricing is in the area of the Korg Volca boxes.

It will be funny it it's nothing more than a crappy usb controller paired with some silly app.

breakmixer wrote:Image
The colours (black/green) seem to fit nicely to my Waldorf Pulse 2... :)

Ingo
Ingo Weidner
Win 10 Home 64-bit / mobile i7-7700HQ 2.8 GHz / 16GB RAM //
Live 10 Suite / Cubase Pro 9.5 / Pro Tools Ultimate 2021 // NI Komplete Kontrol S61 Mk1

IMO it's 99.99999999999% likely these are going to be digital recreations of the old classics.

:(
... space is the place ...

ZenPunkHippy wrote:IMO it's 99.99999999999% likely these are going to be digital recreations of the old classics.
Never. It has to be analogue. Roland would never dare release a digital recreation only for it to fail miserabl….oh wait: http://web.archive.org/web/200304201354 ... lanet.html

Whatever it is, it looks expensive...

It's definitely not analog. Watch the video, you see the guy tweaking stuff on a computer screen and trying to do what appears to be matching sound/waveform on an oscilloscope.

Probably a controller for a plugin, or if it actually is stand alone hardware, it uses DSP at best, PCM at worst.
Meh.

Krism, I was just about to comment on the same thing {obvious computer usage etc}. I'm just hoping that is a red herring, and you've fallen for it :)

Anyway, the preemptive slagging is lame. "oh look at me, i'm elite jaded synthesist expert, i can make roland jokes because i am super synth history expert and roland make accordions lolz". it's office humour, but with synths instead of operating systems.

at least wait until the specs are out before slating it :)

as far as the interface is concerned, I think it's a win. Faders on a drum machine at last. Skippy endless encoders can suck it.

still hoping for analogue, maybe some kind of hybrid DCO type compromises.

If it is going to be digital, I'm betting they're going to go with some kind of brute power 'non-linear topology preserving zero delay feedback' etc type of modelling.

but, from what we know for certain so far - a glimpse at the interface - it's a win so far IMO.

haters gonna hate :)

and yep - it does look expensive!

I may have fallen for it indeed, if this is legit. Saw it on Elektronauts via MatrixSynth twitter.

Or it's a "bogus placeholder ad" as it was pointed out to be using a Korg power supply (although really, as long as the pins match up a power supply is a power supply?)
Meh.

That's a photoshoop.

KrisM wrote:I may have fallen for it indeed, if this is legit. Saw it on Elektronauts via MatrixSynth twitter.

Or it's a "bogus placeholder ad" as it was pointed out to be using a Korg power supply (although really, as long as the pins match up a power supply is a power supply?)
That description sounds like the volca beats. it's a mock up joke!

it is 193 x 115 x 45mm, that is defo the Volca dimensions!

I'm glad it's a joke because the price is a joke on that mock up!
Last edited by breakmixer on Wed Jan 15, 2014 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.

breakmixer wrote:That description sounds like the volca beats. it's a mock up joke!
Signs are pointing to yes. I'm sticking to my original thoughts on it, and am done speculating or even seeking more 'teasers'/rumors. I'm sure it will be shown at NAMM in a week and a half.
Meh.

breakmixer wrote:
KrisM wrote:That description sounds like the volca beats. it's a mock up joke!
It would be quite funny though. Yes! We're going to charge you seven hundred notes for an analogue machine that emulates the TR-808 in minute detail. But we've only given you stereo outs and a headphone jack. So, good luck running that kick through a separate effects chain.

KrisM wrote:
breakmixer wrote:That description sounds like the volca beats. it's a mock up joke!
Signs are pointing to yes. I'm sticking to my original thoughts on it, and am done speculating or even seeking more 'teasers'/rumors. I'm sure it will be shown at NAMM in a week and a half.
Yeah and at the same time the Yocto 808 clone parts may come into stock to be shipped, my name is on the list to buy, now this comes out!

I think I'm gonna have to use all my ten smilies allowance!

:bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :dog:

700 notes is kinda groovebox pricing; the original cost what ,
about 900 quid on release?

the thing is, you don't need analogue to do 808 BD, do you? its all low frequency.
the hihats claps and snares are where it usually tells. still, nice to get a real
analogue and not some soundcard with knobs on.

Return to “Hardware (Instruments and Effects)”