Older prog bands ending up on loveboat?

Anything about MUSIC but doesn't fit into the forums above.
RELATED
PRODUCTS

Just got an E-mail from Marillion that they were headed for a cruise.

So is that the end of old prog bands, to become the cruise ship entertainment?

http://cruisetotheedge.com/

just dont let "yes" do it, i imagine hundreds of people would be jumping overboard during one of ricks widdly solos! :hihi:

OMG, if they stomp to much while dancing, the whole ship will sink... :o

I wouldn't participate (except as musician if they paid me much) - because why do they have to make concerts on a cruise ship whilst they could make the same concerts on the beach where there is the spirit of the sea, too? Would be logistical much easier to make a concert on the beach without shipping all the food & beverages, freshwater, wastewater, excrements and garbage around the sea...

I just checked the prices, can get a cabin starting at about $1800

Not bad, not bad, if all meals are included, and four nights accommodation.

The line up is very good, like a who's who of 70's and 80's prog: Yes, Marillion, Steve Hackett, UK, Queensryche, Tangerine Dream, Renaissance, Saga, Patrick Moraz, PFM, etc etc

Tricky-Loops wrote:OMG, if they stomp to much while dancing, the whole ship will sink... :o
Most of the audience will probably be 50/60+

They wont stomp but gently nudge their whiskey glasses in appreciations of the acts :D

The acts need to watch their footwork though, last year Edgar Froese fell on the ice and broke his hip or something so Tangerine Dream had to cancel their participation then.
Last edited by Numanoid on Wed Jan 15, 2014 6:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

vurt wrote:just dont let "yes" do it, i imagine hundreds of people would be jumping overboard during one of ricks widdly solos! :hihi:
"Cruise to the Edge" is a Yes-a-thon, as I understand it. It's like the weekender deals but on a boat, so riskier. And expensive. But with more bands.

pljones wrote:
vurt wrote:just dont let "yes" do it, i imagine hundreds of people would be jumping overboard during one of ricks widdly solos! :hihi:
"Cruise to the Edge" is a Yes-a-thon, as I understand it. It's like the weekender deals but on a boat, so riskier. And expensive. But with more bands.

then i guess the sharks will get some good eating :hihi:

vurt wrote:
pljones wrote:
Guitar sharks love progressive rock... :love:

pljones wrote:
Haha! I want to go listen to some Yes now. I admit some of their songs are hard to interpret sometimes though...

Tricky-Loops wrote:
vurt wrote:
pljones wrote:
Guitar sharks love progressive rock... :love:

Guess what guitars they're using?

:lol:@ quoting yourself!

vurt wrote::lol:@ quoting yourself!
If you don't want to talk with me, I talk with myself... :x

Jon Anderson have had some health problems of late, but seems to be in good spirit: https://www.facebook.com/TheJonAnderson

:)

Tricky-Loops wrote:Guess what guitars they're using?
Propably bought from the same shop as Led Zep got their mudshark :lol:

I presume there is a lift onboard that cruise ship...least that's where Tangerine Dream should be playing.:lol:

It would have to be a big lift though, but only just big enough to fit the band in...close the doors and not let them out until they promise to actually do some decent improvisational music again. :hihi:

Return to “Everything Else (Music related)”