Martin Animal kick (Long Kick)

How to make that sound...
RELATED
PRODUCTS

If i have kick sample how do you make it get the effect like in Martin Animals. Some kind of bass effect on the kick even if there is no bass there. I wana know this because it would be pretty boring having the same martin animal kick. Wana make something new. Its why im asking.

I tested putting Overdrive and Waveshaper on it. It sound little more like it.

Im using FL studio.

Maybe by using a bit cracker? :P

Watch the Future Music video. He explains exactly how he stole that kick from someone else's song, and combined it with another one from a sample pack. Engineering at it's finest!
Incomplete list of my gear: 1/8" audio input jack.

Ok. But how can i make à kick like this? And where is The video?

deastman wrote:Watch the Future Music video. He explains exactly how he stole that kick from someone else's song, and combined it with another one from a sample pack. Engineering at it's finest!
:lol: :tu:
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

yobare wrote:Ok. But how can i make à kick like this? And where is The video?
The video can be found on this website called "YouTube". They have a search box which enables you to find anything you want. Also, since YouTube is owned by Google, you could go to Google.com and search for it there. Both are excellent options.

If you want to make a kick drum sound like his, you should find a song containing a kick drum sound you like, steal it, and then layer it with another one from a sample pack (acquired legally, one would hope, although that too is questionable, based on evidence in the aforementioned video).

Stealing kicks shouldn't be promoted at KVR... :uhuhuh:

You can also combine 2 kicks of legally purchased sample packs or even 3, or layer a sine wave kick (made with a legally purchased synth) below your kick...
Last edited by Tricky-Loops on Thu Jan 16, 2014 11:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post double kicked... :oops:

One would hope the sarcasm of my posts would be readily apparent. The truly appalling aspect of this is that Future Music continues to feature, promote, and profit from a producer who openly pirates software and "borrows" from others music.

deastman wrote:One would hope the sarcasm of my posts would be readily apparent. The truly appalling aspect of this is that Future Music continues to feature, promote, and profit from a producer who openly pirates software and "borrows" from others music.
That's indeed sad but I guess he's not the only one. More and more teens want to get famous AS SOON AS POSSIBLE - not by learning for decades and legally buying software but by using cracked software & samples and simply copying the arrangement of the big DJs (and even by stealing elements of their songs).

That this is endorsed by the music industry, is REALLY sad.

Race to the bottom anyone?
http://sendy.bandcamp.com/releases < My new album at Bandcamp! Now pay what you like!

who is martin animals?
god im so out of touch these days...

I dident understand so martin animal is stealing kicks? or what. I have buyed some vengaence sample packs. Its pretty awesome kicks in them. But i want the kick to become longer like that one.

yobare wrote:But i want the kick to become longer like that one.

If you don't have something like this, you could also make a longer kick in a drum synth (for example Drumatic) - by increasing the release time - and layer it with another punchy kick from your Vengeance sample packs...

I'm out of touch too. I'd never heard of him or of this song before happening to watch this FM video. It's Martin Garrix (sp?) and the song is "Animals", which apparently was a huge hit in the UK.

As for how to make a kick longer? You could try a compressor, or layering a longer sine wave under the existing kick (and filtering out that frequency from the original, if necessary).
Last edited by deastman on Sat Jan 18, 2014 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Sound Design”